Softball vs Troy

WarTiger

Snow grounds to 2nd for the 2nd out of the inning.   Base runners move to 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs for Justus Perr.   Perry first pitch flies to left to end the inning.   Going to the bottom 7th, tigers lead 5-0

I actually think 2B is  McCrackin playing. Announcers keep saying Crocker but that is #11, not #1. Hard to tell on the screen. But Girl Crush!

Another shutout. Great! 1 run allowed in 7 games. That's roughly a 0.152 ERA as a Team through 46 innings (shortened 3 inning due to run rule)

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

Draper out at 2nd caught stealing.  

Draper complained (rightly) that the 2bman obstructed the base path.  Dean took up the argument but didn't get anywhere. 

26 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Another shutout. Great! 1 run allowed in 7 games. That's roughly a 0.152 ERA as a Team through 46 innings (shortened 3 inning due to run rule)

I think that one run was unearned so it would be an era of 0.00

Mickey is right above.  And McCrackin came in for Crocker at 2B, I think in bot 6.  Announcer never picked up the change; I think he even credited Crocker with McCrackin's single in top 7.  Crack started a 4-6-3 double play, also.  You'd think someone paid to observe and report could see a difference between a 5-5 lefthanded hitter and a 5-9 righthanded hitter.

Overall a decent effort.  Carlson was stellar.  Rivera upping her BA, but Veach and Snow were hitless.  Veach had an issue or two at third.  Could be we see McCrackin there this weekend.

13 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Mickey is right above.  And McCrackin came in for Crocker at 2B, I think in bot 6.  Announcer never picked up the change; I think he even credited Crocker with McCrackin's single in top 7.  Crack started a 4-6-3 double play, also.  You'd think someone paid to observe and report could see a difference between a 5-5 lefthanded hitter and a 5-9 righthanded hitter.

Overall a decent effort.  Carlson was stellar.  Rivera upping her BA, but Veach and Snow were hitless.  Veach had an issue or two at third.  Could be we see McCrackin there this weekend.

That is my prediction at some point this season

Ran ourselves into the 3rd out in three innings by my count. I like aggressive base running and think it can win games, but you have to be smart with it. I hope the problem is that we're still learning. Big change from the station to station ball these players are used to.

The last three times we tried to run Draper failed.  Twice she was called out for leaving early.  Third time, she should have been awarded the base for obstruction, but the ump missed the call (imo).  Hope these occurrences don't dampen our enthusiasm for aggressive baserunning. 

Archived