Bryce Brown to give it a go tonight!

Auhud08

Looks like Brown has a sprained shoulder. Will travel, DTD. 

Per Matt Stevens (@matthewcstevens) on Twitter- i do not know how to upload a tweet via my phone

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

We can beat UGA without Bryce.  

We could also lose by double digits. Not having Bryce makes it a much more difficult task. Less depth, fewer outside scoring options, weaker on-ball defense. Our razor thin margin that Bruce always talks about became even thinner. It’s definitely not insurmountable, but it’s dang sure tougher on the road against a team who held a 16 point lead against us three weeks ago. 

We almost beat A&M without him in second half with him we probably do beat them as we could have pressed more on D. UGA at their place without him and they have two big inside players we may not be able to press as much as in first game. The press wears out the other team which is why we usually do better in second half. It is why we took them apart in the second half. As much as I love Bryce's Offense  he is our best on ball defender he makes their guards work the whole game which is one of the reasons he goes off in second half as their guards are a step slower and he gets cleaner looks. I think we can win without him at Ga but it will be a very tough game.

3 hours ago, boomstick said:

We could also lose by double digits. Not having Bryce makes it a much more difficult task. Less depth, fewer outside scoring options, weaker on-ball defense. Our razor thin margin that Bruce always talks about became even thinner. It’s definitely not insurmountable, but it’s dang sure tougher on the road against a team who held a 16 point lead against us three weeks ago. 

I don't see us losing by double digits to any team not named Virginia. Knocking on wood as I type this. Also it will be interesting to see how UGA responds after severely hurting their tourney hopes by getting spanked by Vandy. Do they fire up or pack it up?

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't see us losing by double digits to any team not named Virginia. Knocking on wood as I type this. Also it will be interesting to see how UGA responds after severely hurting their tourney hopes by getting spanked by Vandy. Do they fire up or pack it up?

Since they will go into the UGA game knowing he will not be available....BP can make some line-up changes now to accommodate the lack of his shooting.  I would be very surprised by an AU loss..

No more dunks for our guards. New rule. Just drop it in. I honestly don’t know how more players don’t injure their hands on the rim. 

39 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Good thing for Brown he does not play football. Or that Malzahn is not his BB coach

Face it...basketball players are wimps....

Hold him out till he is 100%. It is his shooting shoulder which makes it even worse obviously. We are not playing for Feb. We are playing for march. If it costs us a couple games while he is out so be it.

8 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Hold on a moment while I get Mr. Barkley on the line. I'll let you notify him of that. ;D

If CB had been a real man back then he would have played tight end in the NFL. ?   

9 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Hold on a moment while I get Mr. Barkley on the line. I'll let you notify him of that. ;D

Barkley's comment on playing  football: "I tried it for one day. Those guys are crazy, it hurts out there!" Barkley being Barkley, that was probably something of a joke but it pretty much sums up his ideas about football.

45 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Barkley's comment on playing  football: "I tried it for one day. Those guys are crazy, it hurts out there!" Barkley being Barkley, that was probably something of a joke but it pretty much sums up his ideas about football.

Guy is smarter than I sometimes give him credit for being......:)

10 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

yep

Care to share that with us?   

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Care to share that with us?   

As much as I would love to shout it from a mountaintop, due to my promised confidentiality as a member of the search committee,  I do not care to share at this point.  There will be a public announcement on 2/15.  Now, stay on topic before bigbird bounces you off of this thread again!  

6 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

As much as I would love to shout it from a mountaintop, due to my promised confidentiality as a member of the search committee,  I do not care to share at this point.  There will be a public announcement on 2/15.  Now, stay on topic before bigbird bounces you off of this thread again!  

That's fine...I was just giving you a chance for another one word answer...     ."No"....       you blew it....:)

Archived