ESPN Preseason FPI Rankings

WFE12

We face 3 opponents in the top 6 away....Nice.

link

Rank Team FPI No.
1. Clemson 25.5
2. Alabama 23.2
3. Georgia 23.1
4. Ohio State 22.4
5. Notre Dame 22.3
6. Washington 22.3
7. Auburn 20.1
8. Penn State 19.9
9. Oklahoma 19.0
10. Michigan State 18.8
11. Michigan 18.8
12. Wisconsin 17.4
13. Stanford 16.4
14. Miami 16.2
15. USC 15.0
16. Mississippi State 14.8
17. Texas 14.2
18. Florida State 13.1
19. Oregon 12.5
20. Texas A&M 12.5
21. Oklahoma State 12.4
22. Florida 12.2
23. Virginia Tech 11.5
24. Georgia Tech 10.8
25. Iowa 10.6

Factors include:

• Team performance over the past four seasons (most emphasis on last season)
  • Returning starters at quarterback, on offense overall and on defense
  • Whether a team has a returning head coach
  • Recruiting rankings over the past four seasons

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the positive side we have the best returning starting QB out of the top 10. WOOOOO!!!!!

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

On the positive side we have the best returning starting QB out of the top 10. WOOOOO!!!!!

Belee dat!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stid with another offseason? Sheesh!!!!!

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Belee dat!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stid with another offseason? Sheesh!!!!!

I forgot about Trace McSorley. Apparently he is on the J.T. Barrett 17 year college program plan!!! lol. But anyways HECK YAH!!! WAR DAMN STID!!! HE IS OUR FRANCHISE!!! WOOOOOO!!! lets go.

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Probably about right but are they factoring in underclass players declared for the draft?

Just added the factors

That Washington game and staying healthy will be huge.  Last year because of the home schedule I thought was our shot at winning the conference but fell a little short.  Because of our away schedule this year I predict 9-3/10-2.  Which probably lands you around 12-15 at the end of the season.  It's just hard to win on the road now. 

Just now, corchjay said:

That Washington game and staying healthy will be huge.  Last year because of the home schedule I thought was our shot at winning the conference but fell a little short.  Because of our away schedule this year I predict 9-3/10-2.  Which probably lands you around 12-15 at the end of the season.  It's just hard to win on the road now. 

Gus is terrible on the road against good teams. Ole Miss was our last really good win on the road vs a really good team in 2014. I say 10-2 with those losses being you guessed it. At georgia and bama.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Gus is terrible on the road against good teams. Ole Miss was our last really good win on the road vs a really good team in 2014. I say 10-2 with those losses being you guessed it. At georgia and bama.

Has nothing to do with Gus.  It's just difficult to win on the road against good teams.  Ask the 2 CFP finalist from this year.

Just now, corchjay said:

Has nothing to do with Gus.  It's just difficult to win on the road against good teams.  Ask the 2 CFP finalist from this year.

It does have to do with gus. He is our coach. He struggles to win on the road vs good teams. 

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

I figure the same....Last year was THE chance. Who knows how this team starts out...2019 looks promising though. Really... crap has happened soo much where we get so close it sometimes seems like we'll never get back to the big show. But we will... Hopefully sooner than later.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

It does have to do with gus. He is our coach. He struggles to win on the road vs good teams. 

Name one coach that doesn't struggle to win on the road against good teams?

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Name one coach that doesn't struggle to win on the road against good teams?

The programs that we want to be consistently. How about this. Gus struggles away from Jordan Hare against good teams period? He struggles in bowl games as well. Fair? This is not unwarranted criticism. These are just the facts. P.s. I am so glad natural order has been restored and you are back to being the positive one. WOOOO!!!!!! this is how it should always been coach fam!!! lol

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

I figure the same....Last year was THE chance. Who knows how this team starts out...2019 looks promising though. Really... crap has happened soo much where we get so close it sometimes seems like we'll never get back to the big show. But we will... Hopefully sooner than later.

We will.  We have talent but not as talented as 4 or 5 other teams across country but we need luck on staying healthy and sometimes the ball has to bounce your way.  

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

The programs that we want to be consistently. How about this. Gus struggles away from Jordan Hare period? He struggles in bowl games as well. Fair? This is not unwarranted criticism. These are just the facts. P.s. I am so glad natural order has been restored and you are back to being the positive one. WOOOO!!!!!! this is how it should always been coach fam!!! lol

I don't want to be any other programs.  I love the Auburn Culture.  It's a part of our DNA.  I don't like the defeatist attitudes of some, the little brother attitude, but I do like the hard work attitude and blue collar team attitude.  

Gus has struggled in bowl games.  UCF this year was just a flop and he's responsible for the teams attitude which was very poor.  We have him for a minimum of the next 5 years.  The more the fan base gets behind him as a coach the better the recruiting can get.  When your own fan base trashes their coach the harder it gets to recruit.  Players and potential players definitely have access to the internet.  

But I still stand by what I said about winning on the road.  it's very difficult against good teams and we play 3 very good and well coached teams away from home next year.  

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

I don't want to be any other programs.  I love the Auburn Culture.  It's a part of our DNA.  I don't like the defeatist attitudes of some, the little brother attitude, but I do like the hard work attitude and blue collar team attitude.  

Gus has struggled in bowl games.  UCF this year was just a flop and he's responsible for the teams attitude which was very poor.  We have him for a minimum of the next 5 years.  The more the fan base gets behind him as a coach the better the recruiting can get.  When your own fan base trashes their coach the harder it gets to recruit.  Players and potential players definitely have access to the internet.  

But I still stand by what I said about winning on the road.  it's very difficult against good teams and we play 3 very good and well coached teams away from home next year.  

lol why do we have to give all of that up to be consistently great? We do not. Those 2 things do no directly correlate at all. If Clemson can do it we sure as hell can. They will ALWAYS be Auburns little brother even with their recent sustained success. WOOOO COME ON COACH JAY!!! I know so many people try so hard to act like Auburn is a beta but we are one of the MAIN ALPHA'S of the college football world. It is time to prove it consistently which our talent dictates we should.

33 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol why do we have to give all of that up to be consistently great? We do not. Those 2 things do no directly correlate at all. If Clemson can do it we sure as hell can. They will ALWAYS be Auburns little brother even with their recent sustained success. WOOOO COME ON COACH JAY!!! I know so many people try so hard to act like Auburn is a beta but we are one of the MAIN ALPHA'S of the college football world. It is time to prove it consistently which our talent dictates we should.

I think we agreed on the attitude portion.  I just don't want to be like other programs.  

14 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I think we agreed on the attitude portion.  I just don't want to be like other programs.  

The only thing I meant when I said be like other programs is the winning consistently part.

9-3 to 11-1 sounds good. We will win on of the games between UGA & turds. Could win both if we take care of business coming out of the gate in early September.  I see a win against WA & LSU. We have a score to settle with the corndogs and I see us more than ready to take it to them in the worst sort of way!

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

We face 3 opponents in the top 6 away....Nice.

link

Rank Team FPI No.
1. Clemson 25.5
2. Alabama 23.2
3. Georgia 23.1
4. Ohio State 22.4
5. Notre Dame 22.3
6. Washington 22.3
7. Auburn 20.1
8. Penn State 19.9
9. Oklahoma 19.0
10. Michigan State 18.8
11. Michigan 18.8
12. Wisconsin 17.4
13. Stanford 16.4
14. Miami 16.2
15. USC 15.0
16. Mississippi State 14.8
17. Texas 14.2
18. Florida State 13.1
19. Oregon 12.5
20. Texas A&M 12.5
21. Oklahoma State 12.4
22. Florida 12.2
23. Virginia Tech 11.5
24. Georgia Tech 10.8
25. Iowa 10.6

Factors include:

• Team performance over the past four seasons (most emphasis on last season)
  • Returning starters at quarterback, on offense overall and on defense
  • Whether a team has a returning head coach
  • Recruiting rankings over the past four seasons

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Clemson does have the advantage of playing 1-2 top 25 teams per year vs our 5-6, but I agree that we can do it without changing our culture.

18 hours ago, corchjay said:

117 yards of total offense against Clemson. 20 point lead over LSU blown. 7 total points scored in the SECCG.

That was just this year. 

Archived