Barrett Trotter joins staff as offensive analyst!

GwillMac6

I have this impression that Gus doesn't listen to a single analyst.   Maybe he does not know how to use their talents/abilities.   anyone know if Auburn uses that software that analyzes trends?  I read about it somewhere.  Pretty wicked-powerful stuff.  

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what Trotter's reasons were for not coming back. It seems weird that he had a strong likelihood of starting and just quit playing

7 minutes ago, shabby said:

I wonder what Trotter's reasons were for not coming back. It seems weird that he had a strong likelihood of starting and just quit playing

I think he had graduated and was just ready to move on.

8 minutes ago, shabby said:

I think he was salty about getting pulled when he had led the team to a 4-1 record or something like that. He probably wasn't feeling the love and was over it.

22 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I think he was salty about getting pulled when he had led the team to a 4-1 record or something like that. He probably wasn't feeling the love and was over it.

Also, our program had become a complete trainwreck at that point. 2012 was already well under way by mid-2011. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Also, our program had become a complete trainwreck at that point. 2012 was already well under way by mid-2011. 

Good point. The cracks were beginning to show -- big time.

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This... Gus left, Chizik had lost control of the team, Loeffler was a joke... he knew he wanted to go into coaching, so there was no value in sticking around for that.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

This... Gus left, Chizik had lost control of the team, Loeffler was a joke... he knew he wanted to go into coaching, so there was no value in sticking around for that.

Out of likes but yeah, that's my thought. 

Kiehl Frazier for OC and Clint Moseley as QB coach = Gus' O staff hires if he makes it past the next two years.

wde

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Kiehl Frazier for OC and Clint Moseley as QB coach = Gus' O staff hires if he makes it past the next two years.

wde

Not going to call you crazy like some will on here, but I don't think your right here.  I think Gus has learned his lesson and would not make such a mistake. 

Or at least that is my HOPE!!!

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

Not going to call you crazy like some will on here, but I don't think your right here.  I think Gus has learned his lesson and would not make such a mistake. 

Or at least that is my HOPE!!!

I was being sarcastic, but only mildly when it comes to Gus and his O staff hires.  

wde

9 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

I know you're being facetious, but in case anyone is wondering, Mosely's selling real estate. Frazier has fallen off the radar since he got a look from the Steelers in 2015 that went nowhere. 

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Out of likes but yeah, that's my thought. 

I gave him a Like for you.  Gave one to you too, just cuz I can.

Good points all.  "2012" certainly began mid-2011.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I know you're being facetious, but in case anyone is wondering, Mosely's selling real estate. Frazier has fallen off the radar since he got a look from the Steelers in 2015 that went nowhere. 

Yes, I am being facetious, but Gus only hires his yes men on the O staff since he became HC.  KF and CM fit that bill, especially if both are in need of employment.

wde

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Scary thought:

can-i-call-you-back-i-got-a-guy-on-the-other-line-about-a-set-of-whitewalls.jpg

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I gave him a Like for you.  Gave one to you too, just cuz I can.

Good points all.  "2012" certainly began mid-2011.

One of my likes got freed up! Now I'm probably out of them again, though.

@lionheartkc, I owe you retroactive internet points. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

One of my likes got freed up! Now I'm probably out of them again, though.

@lionheartkc, I owe you retroactive internet points. 

Oh man... if we have to start keeping track of that I might be doomed.

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I know you're being facetious, but in case anyone is wondering, Mosely's selling real estate.

I think Will Hastings is too. lol

As for being an offensive analyst, I'm moving to Auburn next Saturday so maybe I can offer my services too? I make a great pot of coffee (just as my current co-workers!) and I don't mind cleaning up the place. :D

23 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Instead of more analysts, what they need is one of those "get back" coaches like they have on the sideline.  You know...keeping the HC from creeping too far out onto the field preventing a penalty, etc.

Except, this one's job is to keep Gus out of the offensive meeting room, the OC's office when he's game planning, off the headset when the offense has the ball during a game.....

I'm sure they could call him an "analyst" if they want since that seems en vogue.

See, I thought that was one of the walk on OL jobs- to sit on Gus on the sidelines.  Obviously Gus is a little quicker than I ever gave him credit for since it appears he got away at least 4 times.

Who knew?!?

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:46 PM, aufan57 said:

Craig Sanders moved from being a Grad Assistant to Defensive Analyst, also. 

I loved watching Sanders play, he always gave great effort.

I'm remembering Chiz told BT after 2011 that he had no chance to be the starter in 2012....it was Keihl Frazier's job.  BT decided to not return and go thru Spring and Fall camps knowing that he would not have a chance to start.  Don't blame him....

Welcome back BT & WDE! 

8 hours ago, triangletiger said:

I think he had graduated and was just ready to move on.

Think also that he had gotten his knee wrecked....or semi-wrecked somewhere along the line.....which affected his DT style of play.   Hated to see him go but he probably made the best decision for his own life.....no complaints with that choice.... 

On 2/15/2018 at 6:36 PM, penguin149 said:

I'm remembering Chiz told BT after 2011 that he had no chance to be the starter in 2012....it was Keihl Frazier's job.  BT decided to not return and go thru Spring and Fall camps knowing that he would not have a chance to start.  Don't blame him....

Welcome back BT & WDE! 

This is correct. Maybe the stupidest thing I’ve ever known a coach to do. 

Archived