Men vs. Kentucky

WarTiger

2 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Man, it is so weird to watch a top 10 Auburn basketball team beat an unranked Kentucky team. Twilight zone stuff, fun though.

And then come here and see people commenting about poor play when we beat them by 10. Bizarro world for sure. 

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

And then come here and see people commenting about poor play when we beat them by 10. Bizarro world for sure. 

The fact that we beat them with what was basically a C+ game should be encouraging. Had we show like usual we would have won by 30.

Just now, AUDub said:

The fact that we beat them with what was basically a C+ game should be encouraging. Had we show like usual we would have won by 30.

Obviously we wanted to give them a moral victory in only losing to us by 10. 

37 minutes ago, aubigblue said:

Reckon why Knox wasn't in the game at the end?

He was their best player tonight.

I saw him limping in the second half, just a touch.  Wondered if it was more than a tweak

Guys, with Nova going down, we’re a one seed if the tourney started today. How do we feel about that?

49 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Don’t think he’ll ever live it down. Might as well close his account and cancel his internet. 

IMG_2603.GIF

SEC Standings

Auburn 11-2

Tenn 9-4 we beat them we have tie-breaker

Missouri 8-5

Fl 8-5

Bama 8-5

Fl plays Tenn at Tenn so we pick up a game on Fl or Tenn.

Tenn has away games at Ga, Ole Miss and Miss. State. Miss State and GA tough at home.

Fl plays bama at bama so we pick up a game against one of them. Fl plays at Vandy.

bama plays at KY next then at AU and at A&M

Missouri plays at LSU, KY, and Vanderbilt

Our next game is at home against SC we should win. The bama at home tough game but I think we win, Fl at Fl we match up well one of the few teams not really a lot bigger than us we should win, next at AR they are really tough at home but we should win, final at SC we are better team we win. If we win 3 of our last 5 games we win SEC even if all the other teams win out. We are one of the few teams to consistently win away games in the SEC.  I expect all 4 teams below us to lose at least one more game which would mean we only have to win 2 to WIN SEC. That said I believe the worse we do in our last 5 games is 3-2 clinching SEC but we could also win out which would probably give us a #1 Seed.

6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Guys, with Nova going down, we’re a one seed if the tourney started today. How do we feel about that?

Wait... do we still have the other eagle flying?!!

7 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

SEC Standings

Auburn 11-2

Tenn 9-4 we beat them we have tie-breaker

Missouri 8-5

Fl 8-5

Bama 8-5

Fl plays Tenn at Tenn so we pick up a game on Fl or Tenn.

Tenn has away games at Ga, Ole Miss and Miss. State. Miss State and GA tough at home.

Fl plays bama at bama so we pick up a game against one of them. Fl plays at Vandy.

bama plays at KY next then at AU and at A&M

Missouri plays at LSU, KY, and Vanderbilt

Our next game is at home against SC we should win. The bama at home tough game but I think we win, Fl at Fl we match up well one of the few teams not really a lot bigger than us we should win, next at AR they are really tough at home but we should win, final at SC we are better team we win. If we win 3 of our last 5 games we win SEC even if all the other teams win out. We are one of the few teams to consistently win away games in the SEC.  I expect all 4 teams below us to lose at least one more game which would mean we only have to win 2 to WIN SEC. That said I believe the worse we do in our last 5 games is 3-2 clinching SEC but we could also win out which would probably give us a #1 Seed.

I think we go to south Carolina and close at homevthem to end the regular season

I just realized this.  We didn't rush the floor, and I am glad we didn't.  We are now expecting  to win.  We are the ranked team. Amazing where Bruce has brought us. 

1 hour ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

And the loss.  Now you remember why you quit betting.

If I was making a living at it I would still be doing it. 

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I just realized this.  We didn't rush the floor, and I am glad we didn't.  We are now expecting  to win.  We are the ranked team. Amazing where Bruce has brought us. 

That and maybe people realize it isn't worth $250M for the fifteen minutes thrill. ?  SEC  has been getting  rich off of us.

8 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Sportscenter did a nice story on AU & the 4-14 shirt. Check it out.

I think that after Auburn wins the SEC Bruce should send the CBS sportswriter who predicted 4-14 a Championship t-shirt...size S to go with his basketball acumen. :-\

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

We're saving our A+ game for Bama next week. I expect us to come out on fire and not let the turds up for air. Double digit win!!

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

We're saving our A+ game for Bama next week. I expect us to come out on fire and not let the turds up for air. Double digit win!!

I hope so.  I am hearing a lot of radio "experts" picking Bama.  They are all saying that they are "peaking at the right time". 

We played poorly in a game that was a terrible size mismatch for us and won by 10.

How good did it feel to finally be the more experienced team for once???

So glad Kevin Knox disappeared down the stretch and was flustered enough for Cal to pull him

We don't win this game without Anfernee and Desean playing their guts out against all of UK's size.

Also, with all of Dunbar's shortcomings he has made some TIMELY buckets for us all season.

20 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

they are

They are 3-2 in their last 5 games. That is peaking?  You can make this argument for Mizzou maybe, but not bama. Reporters are choosing to look at bama wins & ignore their losses to say that they are peaking. Results don't bear that out. If bama is peaking now, it just means at their best, they aren't consistently good. Has OK even won a game since playing bama? bama hangs their hat on that win, and OK is dropping more each day.

26 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I hope so.  I am hearing a lot of radio "experts" picking Bama.  They are all saying that they are "peaking at the right time". 

I don't think Bama at their peak can beat Auburn at home.  This team is rolling right now, Bruce had to adjust several times last night to counter Cal's scheme and in the end, AU took advantage.  

8 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

They are 3-2 in their last 5 games. That is peaking?  You can make this argument for Mizzou maybe, but not bama. Reporters are choosing to look at bama wins & ignore their losses to say that they are peaking. Results don't bear that out. If bama is peaking now, it just means at their best, they aren't consistently good. Has OK even won a game since playing bama? bama hangs their hat on that win, and OK is dropping more each day.

+1

OK has tanked.  And like you said, Bama is inconsistent as hell, I don't see the "peak" others see.  They will not be able to handle Auburn in our home gym, with the home crowd contributing in major way.

7 minutes ago, keesler said:

+1

OK has tanked.  And like you said, Bama is inconsistent as hell, I don't see the "peak" others see.  They will not be able to handle Auburn in our home gym, with the home crowd contributing in major way.

Bama only beat us in Coleman because we couldn't hit free throws that night, as we shot well below our average.  If we play anywhere near our standard, Bama doesn't beat us on any floor in America.

Archived