Men vs. Kentucky

WarTiger

11 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Sportscenter did a nice story on AU & the 4-14 shirt. Check it out.

Where do I get one of those?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

And then come here and see people commenting about poor play when we beat them by 10. Bizarro world for sure. 

To be fair, AU came out over-jazzed on offense, and kinda "let" KY hang around at the half. Then, in the first 10-12 minutes of the 2nd half, KY effectively controlled the pace of the game and shot ahead of AU. So, yes, for a certain chunk of the game, AU neither shot the ball well nor controlled tempo, which fans rightly recognized as a recipe for a loss. However, to their credit, AU found a way to go on a run, and pulled away for an awesome win!

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

they are

They seem to be peaking for sure, but is that sustainable for them? They haven't shown success sustainability all season, but that doesn't mean they can't achieve it now. Of course, re: "peaking at the right time," I would rather have an improving team that finally puts it all together the first week of March rather than the 2nd week of February. Remember Miss State in 1996 and Donta Jones? Now, that was peaking at the right time!!! Blew through Pitino in the SEC tourney and carried the Bulldogs all the way to the Final Four.

Bama's length will still give us problems and with Sexton back it's going to be one hell of a PG matchup, and a big challenge for Harper (even if Sexton was Harper's HS backup).

Sexton makes a living at the FT line, so be prepared for some weak calls against us. As long as we keep playing with un-ending energy and make our FTs I think we can wear Bama down over the course of 40 minutes, but we will have to play through the adversity as their length could be an issue for us early much like it was in the first game and also last night in the UK game -- took us about 8 minutes for our guys to adjust to the long and rangey guys from UK.

Also Bama plays to their competition so while we should win I don't think we will steam roll them. But I sure would love to see the future Bruce Pearl Arena rocking from start to finish while we blast them by 20

2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

I hope so.  I am hearing a lot of radio "experts" picking Bama.  They are all saying that they are "peaking at the right time". 

This is not a reflection on you personally, but the heck with the so called experts. Where did these so called experts pick us to finish in the SEC? Most of them close to the bottom, if not the bottom. Think back to our game at Ttown. They had 1 player scored most of their points who was unconscious shooting the ball. 2 of our top scorers (Harper and Heron) had terrible scoring games, and Bama only beat us by what, a few points. We also shot uncharacteristically bad at the free throw line. I'm confident it's a different story when we get them on our floor. The experts can shove their opinions.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Also, with all of Dunbar's shortcomings he has made some TIMELY buckets for us all season.

he damn sure has....he is like harper was last year for me, love/hate.....dunbar drives me crazy but he does make plays, and most times, just when we need them

2 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

he damn sure has....he is like harper was last year for me, love/hate.....dunbar drives me crazy but he does make plays, and most times, just when we need them

Exactly. There's never a moment on the floor where he's our best option to score but there has been quite a few times this season when everyone has been cold and we can't buy a bucket and he comes in and hits a big shot to take the lid off the basket and gets us rolling. While he can be over emotional at times he brings a lot of value to our team and every team needs a guy like him that always has his teammates back.

Really great win for the team over a team we should have handled (love saying that in regards to Kentucky bball). Look forward to watching the replay soon. Hoping next year we can slide into some earlier game slots next year....

Also big lol to autiger4life and his DA posts about being out coached and one and done. He came back and took his medicine and props for that but i never saw where he actually congratulated the team on the win or was even happy we won.....odd hahahahahaha. Suck it troll!!

23 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Exactly. There's never a moment on the floor where he's our best option to score but there has been quite a few times this season when everyone has been cold and we can't buy a bucket and he comes in and hits a big shot to take the lid off the basket and gets us rolling. While he can be over emotional at times he brings a lot of value to our team and every team needs a guy like him that always has his teammates back.

He has his issues I guess but I never feel like we lose all that much when he is on the floor.  The advantage of this team is that every player is capable of making an important shot or an important defensive play....whether he is a starter  or #8 on the roster. 

in all of the "behind the scenes" tape of the players in the locker room or in the hallway and whatnot ... dunbar and murray always seem to be the ring leaders of the team with dunbar providing the most charisma.  i think dunbar is as important to this team off the court as any of the guys on it.

3 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

in all of the "behind the scenes" tape of the players in the locker room or in the hallway and whatnot ... dunbar and murray always seem to be the ring leaders of the team with dunbar providing the most charisma.  i think dunbar is as important to this team off the court as any of the guys on it.

If I had chosen to leave the Blue Hose for a team playing like AU and going to the big dance, I would be a pumped leader too. You know Murray has got to be having a blast.

17 hours ago, jared52 said:

Honestly, that was painful. But hats off to these guys for getting it done. Pearl won’t be out coached very often and tonight wasn’t one of them. Props to Brown who wasn’t 100% (couldn’t fight through screens) for having a game. 

BP looked like he could have used an IV after the game.....sweating  profusely....

16 minutes ago, AU64 said:

BP looked like he could have used an IV after the game.....sweating  profusely....

His shirt took one for the team last night.

10 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

on another note , and my lack of being in the "know".. what did the 18 on the students jerseys signify?

The year

i just re-watched the game, and we really played worse than i thought we played, when i watched it in real time last night....lol, had we played crisp and shot like we normally do, this would have been ugly....we played tough though, and i thought we played smart,for the most part....harper is a coach on the floor and its amazing how much he has improved

#6 Purdue just went down and it looks like #5 Cincy is about to go down.  It looks like Auburn will have the opportunity to move up a couple of spots.

3 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

#6 Purdue just went down and it looks like #5 Cincy is about to go down.  It looks like Auburn will have the opportunity to move up a couple of spots.

#8 Ohio State is getting destroyed at the half too. Like you said, Auburn should be able to take a few steps forward. 

It's a war of attrition....just keep winning and be the last team standing......

22 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Link me, breh. 

Here's the link, and although I respect Clayton as a poster, Malik Dunbar does bring something to this team (as you will see in the video). You must have a player like him on your team.  http://www.secsports.com/video/22427550/the-numbers-auburn-postseason-motivation

Interesting too that these top ranked teams losing to unranked opponents....and some games on their home courts.....Lots of balance out there....tournament is ripe for a team that get's hot for a few consecutive games. 

57 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Interesting too that these top ranked teams losing to unranked opponents....and some games on their home courts.....Lots of balance out there....tournament is ripe for a team that get's hot for a few consecutive games. 

The Purdue/Wisconsin game was probably the worst game Ive seen all year. Wisconsin is a very bad team with a losing record, and looked like one, but still beat Purdue. Wisc shot 19% from 3 and won. There were quite a few uncontested, wide open 3s shot by Wisc that were airballs. Im a little skeptical on the big10. Not convinced any team in that conference will do much in the tourney.

Archived