Opening Day vs Longwood

Under 8 hours until first pitch.  Excited to see Casey start his 2018 campaign.  Curious to see how an offseason of Gabe Gross hitting instruction works.  Excited to see how the young arms progress.  Just overall excited!  WDE!

Here's an inside scoop on the opponent courtesy of their athletics website:

https://www.longwoodlancers.com/news/2018/2/15/new-year-new-team-longwood-baseball-set-for-2018.aspx

So Pumped. Longwood is expected to finish 2nd to last in the Big South. They finished 19-34 last year and are lead by SS Antwaun Tucker (.298/.365/.449). Justin Mitchell (.247/.351/.342) is a rangy first baseman with power potential. Nate Blakeney (.201/.333/.309) will play second while Grant Keller (.215/.264/.262) will man third. Pittsburgh transfer Jawan McAllister should play left while Ryan Shull (.276/.349/.335) should play right. Sammy Miller (.272/.402/.348) is the starting center fielder for the third consecutive season. Zach Potojecki (2-7, 4.57), Steven Farkas (2-3, 3.38), Michael Catlin (2-4, 4.15), Cody Boydstun (2-1, 7.50), Eric Harp (0-1, 9.00) and Maceo Campbell are top mound options.

I am happy that this game is televised after all. The TV information was not on the website when I looked a few days ago but I'm glad I checked again! 

Will Holland looks good on that play....and the new catcher is impressive so far. 

20 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Jarvis leads off the bottom of the third with a double to left center.  He looks ten pounds heavier, hopefully he has gained strength that will alleviate the back issues.

I was wondering about his back issues during his first at-bat. Hopefully it's all in the past.

South Carolina went down to the baseball powerhouse that is VMI (that's an institute) on opening day.  Miss State getting the hammer dropped on them by Southern Miss.  Tennessee struggling to score against Maryland.

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Just threw a total of 8 pitches in the seventh inning.  All strikes...gotta' love a reliever who brings it like that.

I didn't realize he was the most used pitcher out of the bullpen last season. He sure looks good tonight. 

Archived