Opening Day vs Longwood

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Big may be an understatement.  Reminds me of Roger Clemens with that big upper body.

I was thinking he reminds me of my BIL who pitched in the majors for quite a few years....

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I know you've said who, please remind me...my mind ain't what it used to be.

No I never said. He would not want me to. He's extremely low key and I respect that.

6-0 Final.  Pretty ho-hum, but I like it. 

Really like what Brett Wright brings to this team.  Blake Logan was a tremendous team guy, but was not a great catcher and had absolutely nobody to push him in terms of competition for four years.  Looks like that has changed.

A great way to start the season with a win including the shutout....BUT we struck out 9 times...need to put the ball in play...Also, does anyone know the status on Tom Glavine's son this season??? Will he be red-shirted???

10 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

A great way to start the season with a win including the shutout....BUT we struck out 9 times...need to put the ball in play...Also, does anyone know the status on Tom Glavine's son this season??? Will he be red-shirted???

Glavine was limited in the fall with injuries and was shut down until only about ten days ago.  Even with that, I would think Butch will give every left handed arm the maximum opportunity to go to the mound this spring if he thinks they can compete.

I know it was the first game but Coker did K 5 in 2.0, I do not remember that ever happening last year! I would say that should at least do some for the confidence.

Archived