Baseball vs. Longwood - game 2

WarTiger

Auburn got out of a jam in the top 1st with the 3rd out coming at home plate on a double steal attempt.

Bottom of the first started with a double and a single,  strike out, ground ball to 2nd brings the run home.  1-0 Tigers.   Anthony walks with 2 outs.  Steven Williams getting his first start at Catcher comes up.  His first at bat as an Auburn tiger and he drives one DEEP to center and its GONE.  3 run home run and Auburn leads 4-0.   Next batter up hit by a pitch. Holland bloops one down the right field line and it drops just fair.   Julien singles through the right side and Auburn leads 5-0

Steven Williams singles his 2nd at bat.     Brendan Venter sends one deep to left and its GONE over the monster.  Auburn leads 9-0

MSU always had a Canadian influence in their lineup.  Seems Butch might have been a part of that.  "Hey, come play in 75 degree weather" must be a decent recruiting pitch

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Estes putting a big dent in the monster.  Everybody hits today.  10-0 and looking really bleak for the Lancers.  That's a medical term, right?

I thought it was a really crappy car....

1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

So Wright hits the first homer of the season yesterday. As catcher. And today Williams hits the first homer of his career. As catcher.

I love baseball

Baseball has the best sports trivia!

7 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

So Wright hits the first homer of the season yesterday. As catcher. And today Williams hits the first homer of his career. As catcher.

I love baseball

Pretty sure we've already gotten more HR production from the catcher spot in two games than we got all year last year.  I loved Blake Logan, but....

Archived