McLemore's Surgery

doverstutts

• WarTiger changed the title to McLemore's Surgery
11 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

I was originally told that surgery would be Monday. I know what he tweeted yest. contradicted that report. I’m sure he’s in great hands.

Yea... it's not like Auburn doesn't employ the #1 orthopedic surgeon in sports medicine :)

Auburn center Anfernee McLemore's surgery for a dislocated ankle, fractured tibia and torn ligaments went "extremely well," according to coach Bruce Pearl, and his recovery time could be on the faster side of the initially expected timetable.

McLemore suffered his gruesome injury late in the first half of Auburn's game at South Carolina on Saturday and had surgery on Sunday.

"The surgery went extremely well," Pearl said. "Prior to the surgery the doctors were talking about four to six months (until McLemore returns), and after the surgery we're talking about four months. It went that well."

McLemore made 21 starts in 27 games this season and averaged 7.4 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.7 blocks, which is tied for 11th nationally.

How Auburn basketball will make up for loss of McLemore

Pearl said McLemore, who is in Auburn recovering, is expected to be in attendance when the No. 12 Tigers (23-4, 11-3 SEC) host rival Alabama on Wednesday (7:30 p.m. CT, SEC Network).

"We have eight players available to us," Pearl said, "and it'll be next man up."

James Crepea is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him

Glad to hear it went well...but no surprise with the quality orthopedic surgeons we have access to. 

As for recovery, we knew it was not going to be 4 weeks.......so....JMO but 4 months is pretty much the same as 6 months this time of year and likely, once the break heals he will be doing rehab for the rest of his injury in a couple months or so. 

My wife did one of those ....fell from Segway and did about the same break and in less than 6 months she was at least 80%, playing golf, etc....and she is in her 70s.   AM should be able to do better than that....    

Just hoping he comes back to 100% at the end....whether 4 months or 6 months.  Sure gonna miss him. 

Good to hear that his recovery time could be on the shorter side of the timetable. Sounds like prayers for him were  already answered with that news. The sooner he can hit the floor the better because recovery from an injury like this is not only physical but mental too. He's going to have to gain his confidence in that ankle again as well as getting into playing shape. Can't wait to see him get back out there next year. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Glad to hear it went well...but no surprise with the quality orthopedic surgeons we have access to. 

As for recovery, we knew it was not going to be 4 weeks.......so....JMO but 4 months is pretty much the same as 6 months this time of year and likely, once the break heals he will be doing rehab for the rest of his injury in a couple months or so. 

My wife did one of those ....fell from Segway and did about the same break and in less than 6 months she was at least 80%, playing golf, etc....and she is in her 70s.   AM should be able to do better than that....    

Just hoping he comes back to 100% at the end....whether 4 months or 6 months.  Sure gonna miss him. 

When I was in school, I had 2 friends simultaneously blow out their ACL. One played football for Auburn, one didn't. One had Dr. Andrews do the work on him, one went to Health South. The one who had Dr. Andrews had smaller scars, the latest tech to use for rehab, and was at 100% MONTHS before the other friend. I have no doubt that he'll be back to his old self.

First I want to wish this kid a speedy and full recovery.

However, in all my years of following sports, I don't ever remember a coach or player coming out and saying: Oh the surgery went horrible.  There were a ton of complications and he may never play again.

Just saying....

2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

First I want to wish this kid a speedy and full recovery.

However, in all my years of following sports, I don't ever remember a coach or player coming out and saying: Oh the surgery went horrible.  There were a ton of complications and he may never play again.

Just saying....

I think the inclusion of the timetable detail might lend more credence to the surgery actually going well. Bruce saying it went well and adding they think we will be back closer to 4 months than 6 makes me think there’s some validity to the claim that it went really well. 

prayers and thoughts for Anfernee and hope he can makes a full recovery for 2019.

22 hours ago, AU64 said:

Can she fill in at the backup 5 spot when Horace gets in foul trouble? Asking for a friend ;D

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Can she fill in at the backup 5 spot when Horace gets in foul trouble? Asking for a friend ;D

She is only 5'5 so that might be an issue. 

Meanwhile, still waiting for someone to ask what a 72 year old woman was doing riding a Segway......in fact, I'm still waiting on her to explain it to me also....:) 

19 minutes ago, AU64 said:

She is only 5'5 so that might be an issue. 

Meanwhile, still waiting for someone to ask what a 72 year old woman was doing riding a Segway......in fact, I'm still waiting on her to explain it to me also....:) 

Some things are better left unasked.

22 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Some things are better left unasked.

True but when I had to drive 50 miles to fetch her in an emergency room.....it was hard to just go on faith......but as you note, with N, some things are hard to explain. 

Her grand kids think she is a cool grandmother because she does stuff like that.... and rides 1-1/4 mile zip lines........and she is pretty cool. :) 

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, AU64 said:

Kinda the definition of irony...get hobbled by falling off something that's supposed to make mobility quicker and easier. Kinda like a starving pirate dying because the rat he ate was, well, a little spoiled...

15 hours ago, AU64 said:

True but when I had to drive 50 miles to fetch her in an emergency room.....it was hard to just go on faith......but as you note, with N, some things are hard to explain. 

Her grand kids think she is a cool grandmother because she does stuff like that.... and rides 1-1/4 mile zip lines........and she is pretty cool. :) 

Can't keep a good grandmother down.?

Mine use to get out in the yard and play wiffle ball with me and my brother.

i wish we had some kind of addy to send the young man a card. i looked for a while today to get in touch with bruce pearl to beg an autograph and have yet to find anything. must be the words i used in google or something.

Archived