America Is Under Attack and the President Doesn't Care

homersapien

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, homersapien said:

OK, please explain it to me, old wise one.  How does Mueller steadily rolling up Trump's associates constitute a "win" for Trump?

Perhaps I should’ve characterized it more so as a “loss” for anti-Trumpers like you. You undoubtedly want him out of the office. The ticket out begins with an indictment of Trump, which hasn’t happened. These indictments of twitter bots and guys who can’t remember conversations from the past is nothing short of a letdown. But I guess you’ll hold on to hope even though the needle towards removing him hasn’t moved.

57 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Nola I can't help but notice you seem to be avoiding addressing the substantive points of my posts.    

Care to explain why?  (As if I didn't know...:-\)

*says the guy who posts headlines to irrelevant articles when trying to rebut an isolated sentence from an exchange he wasn’t involved in*

54 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

*says the guy who posts headlines to irrelevant articles when trying to rebut an isolated sentence from an exchange he wasn’t involved in*

You must be getting tired of eating homie stew.:Sing:

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Collusion is not a legal term so most Democrats don't expect an indictment for collusion. 

Besides, we already know the Trump administration attempted collusion.  Even Bannon admits that:

Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon says in explosive book

"He is particularly scathing about a June 2016 meeting involving Trump’s son Donald Jr, son-in-law Jared Kushner, then campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya at Trump Tower in New York. A trusted intermediary had promised documents that would “incriminate” rival Hillary Clinton but instead of alerting the FBI to a potential assault on American democracy by a foreign power, Trump Jr replied in an email: “I love it.”

If Trump get's indicted for a crime, it will likely be for money laundering.  As far as I am concerned, it will be enough to just reveal how in-bed Trump is with the Russians. The main thing is to get him out of office ASAP.

Dream on Brother Homer. Can you not get off this Trump/Russia thing? Mueller is working on that, CNN has been since Nov. 10, 2016. Nada, Nada with President Trump

On 2/20/2018 at 5:01 PM, GiveEmElle said:

@homersapien Did you see Sanders’ press conference where she stated that Trump had done more to sanction Russia than Obama? 

I wonder if they dock her pay if she tells the truth or if she is just incapable? 

Please read these excerpts from Jonah Goldberg’s latest commentary – keeping in mind that, though politically conservative, Mr. Goldberg has been a frequent, harsh critic of Mr. Trump:

Barack Obama sold out our Eastern European allies on missile defense. He slow-walked aid to Ukraine and did little more than shrug when Crimea was annexed. He said “never mind” on his own “red line” in Syria and turned a blind eye to Putin’s intervention there, in large part because of his obsessions with getting the Iran deal. The Russian meddling in our elections started on Obama’s watch — and not just our elections but those of many of our allies. When Mitt Romney famously said Russia was our No. 1 geopolitical foe, Obama mocked him for it as did countless liberal journalists who are now converts to anti-Russia hawkery.

Meanwhile, the Trump administration has made life harder for Russia diplomatically and economically thanks to revving up our oil and gas production. It hasn’t been as tough as some — including me — would like, but it’s been tougher than the Obama administration. Or at least it’s not unreasonable.

And this, of course, is before we get to then-President Obama’s famous hot-mic promise to give Russia more flexibility after being re-elected in 2012 – a fact that must necessarily be suppressed/buried to claim he was tough on Putin & Co.

16 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Please read these excerpts from Jonah Goldberg’s latest commentary – keeping in mind that, though politically conservative, Mr. Goldberg has been a frequent, harsh critic of Mr. Trump:

Barack Obama sold out our Eastern European allies on missile defense. He slow-walked aid to Ukraine and did little more than shrug when Crimea was annexed. He said “never mind” on his own “red line” in Syria and turned a blind eye to Putin’s intervention there, in large part because of his obsessions with getting the Iran deal. The Russian meddling in our elections started on Obama’s watch — and not just our elections but those of many of our allies. When Mitt Romney famously said Russia was our No. 1 geopolitical foe, Obama mocked him for it as did countless liberal journalists who are now converts to anti-Russia hawkery.

Meanwhile, the Trump administration has made life harder for Russia diplomatically and economically thanks to revving up our oil and gas production. It hasn’t been as tough as some — including me — would like, but it’s been tougher than the Obama administration. Or at least it’s not unreasonable.

And this, of course, is before we get to then-President Obama’s famous hot-mic promise to give Russia more flexibility after being re-elected in 2012 – a fact that must necessarily be suppressed/buried to claim he was tough on Putin & Co.

But, but, Obama....

From the American Enterprise Institute, no less. :rolleyes:

Jonah Goldberg is a syndicated columnist, author of books and National Review Online editor because his mother nearly took down Bill Clinton. He is, it's fair to say, aware of that fact, or at least aware that everyone else thinks it, and his insecurity has made him a uniquely pathetic figure in contemporary conservative thought: He aspires to be taken seriously as a public intellectual, but he is the world's laziest thinker. It is a grand and wonderful joke that Jonah Goldberg, of all people, would write an entire book about how liberals rely on clichés instead of original thought and intellectual argument. 

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

But, but, Obama....

From the American Enterprise Institute, no less. :rolleyes:

Jonah Goldberg is a syndicated columnist, author of books and National Review Online editor because his mother nearly took down Bill Clinton. He is, it's fair to say, aware of that fact, or at least aware that everyone else thinks it, and his insecurity has made him a uniquely pathetic figure in contemporary conservative thought: He aspires to be taken seriously as a public intellectual, but he is the world's laziest thinker. It is a grand and wonderful joke that Jonah Goldberg, of all people, would write an entire book about how liberals rely on clichés instead of original thought and intellectual argument. 

When you can't dispute the message, shoot the messenger. Brilliant!

On 2/21/2018 at 7:03 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Impressive. Trump’s “but Obama” drivel written in complete sentences. He should help Trump with those tweets. 

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I think the message is BS.  That is what I was disputing.  Obvious!

You have the opportunity to dispute with fact, not weaseling drivel. I'll patiently wait.

5 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Impressive. Trump’s “but Obama” drivel written in complete sentences. He should help Trump with those tweets. 

Just as I told homey, you have the opportunity to dispute with facts. I'll wait.

OK 78, let's parse this if you insist:

Barack Obama 1) sold out our Eastern European allies on missile defense. 2) He slow-walked aid to Ukraine and 3) did little more than shrug when Crimea was annexed.

1) You'll have to explain the missle defense issue as that sounds like subjective assessment to me.  What are the details

2) Again, this needs more explanation.  One man's "slow walk" is another man's "prudent".  Sort of understandible when you think about the foreign policy and domestic situation he walked in to.

I will concede there is a valid argument that Obama was less aggressive in his foreign policy. Depending on the situation  - and in hindsight - I think these are valid criticisms, perhaps the most serious about his administration.

8 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Just as I told homey, you have the opportunity to dispute with facts. I'll wait.

Look, using facts with a Trump supporter is like playing chess with a pigeon. Doesn’t matter if you win, the pigeon will strut around like he won and s*** all over the board. 

13 hours ago, homersapien said:

OK 78, let's parse this if you insist:

Barack Obama 1) sold out our Eastern European allies on missile defense. 2) He slow-walked aid to Ukraine and 3) did little more than shrug when Crimea was annexed.

1) You'll have to explain the missle defense issue as that sounds like subjective assessment to me.  What are the details

2) Again, this needs more explanation.  One man's "slow walk" is another man's "prudent".  Sort of understandible when you think about the foreign policy and domestic situation he walked in to.

I will concede there is a valid argument that Obama was less aggressive in his foreign policy. Depending on the situation  - and in hindsight - I think these are valid criticisms, perhaps the most serious about his administration.

About par for the course for you homes. Call an article BS and then later admit you don't even know what the article is about. Pathetic.

5 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Look, using facts with a Trump supporter is like playing chess with a pigeon. Doesn’t matter if you win, the pigeon will strut around like he won and s*** all over the board. 

Elle, pardon me for saying so dear, but you've been exposed as one who hasn't a clue what they are talking about. You can be a big girl and admit it or continue to be disingenuous. Look, just like homes, you got caught talking about a topic in which you were clueless. Nothing wrong with admitting to it.

On 2/23/2018 at 1:26 PM, AUFAN78 said:

About par for the course for you homes. Call an article BS and then later admit you don't even know what the article is about. Pathetic.

It's obvious what the article is about. It's a lame effort by a bs artist to redirect the argument to Obama, which is a legitimate topic, but Obama's actions -or lack thereof -is totally irrelevant to Trump's current behavior.

Don't fall for such a diversion.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

It's obvious what the article is about. It's a lame effort by a bs artist to redirect the argument to Obama, which is a legitimate topic, but Obama's actions -or lack thereof -is a legitimate topic but it is totally irrelevant to Trump's current behavior.

Don't fall for such a diversion.

You can run but you cannot hide, so spare me the ignorance lesson Part Deux. You got caught with your pants down. Be a man and admit it and stop with the weaselly attempt to divert.  

8 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Elle, pardon me for saying so dear, but you've been exposed as one who hasn't a clue what they are talking about. You can be a big girl and admit it or continue to be disingenuous. Look, just like homes, you got caught talking about a topic in which you were clueless. Nothing wrong with admitting to it.

Lmao. And which one of you MAGA geniuses exposed me?

Neither Homey nor myself are clueless. We just don’t agree with your “blame Obama” article.

15 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Neither Homey nor myself are clueless. We just don’t agree with your “blame Obama” article.

Love to see the continuing whining from the Trump haters.

12 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

You exposed yourself. No help needed.

When you have to tell yourself you are smart. Bless.

On 2/21/2018 at 8:03 PM, AUFAN78 said:

1) Barack Obama sold out our Eastern European allies on missile defense.

2) He slow-walked aid to Ukraine and did little more than shrug when Crimea was annexed.

3) He said “never mind” on his own “red line” in Syria and turned a blind eye to Putin’s intervention there, in large part because of his obsessions with getting the Iran deal.

4) The Russian meddling in our elections started on Obama’s watch — and not just our elections but those of many of our allies.

5) When Mitt Romney famously said Russia was our No. 1 geopolitical foe, Obama mocked him for it as did countless liberal journalists who are now converts to anti-Russia hawkery.

6) Meanwhile, the Trump administration has made life harder for Russia diplomatically and economically thanks to revving up our oil and gas production.

(I never finished my point by point on this)

1) Obama was weighing various factors in this decision, including the need to address the threat of Iranian intermediate missles which is what he decided was the greater threat.  

2) I agree, he should have taken a harder line against Russia here, but for all I know about it, it may not have been realistic.

3) Yep, but the red line comment (a HUGE mistake) was directed toward the Syrians, not the Russians.

4) True.  And it only got worse in 2016.  Obama was is a very difficult situation here.  Without bilateral support on the facts,  there was very little Obama could do confront this without essentially seeming he was trying to nefariously influence the election.

5) Also true.  But the zeitgeist of the time seemed to justify it.  I guess maybe Romney knew more than the people who were promoting better relationship with the Russians.

6)  That's random.  Petroleum production  peaked in November but almost all of the gain was from hydraulic fraction production on public lands.  This would have happened without Trump.  To use it as an example of Trump being tough on Russia is a stretch.

So bottom line, this writer went back and mined history for any decision Obama made that might have favored Russia and then spun it as a deliberate attempt by Obama to benefit Putin. That's nonsense.  Granted, Obama expressed a desire for a better relationship with Russia, but as his term went on and Russia started to invade it's old client states - he soured on Putin and came to see Russia has more of a threat than he assumed. For whatever mistake Obama may have made, he now sees Russia as a threat. (Romney was right, Obama was wrong.)

But the point is none of that excuses Trump for his recent history of willfully and publically disregarding intelligence summaries and refusing to speak out about Russia's election meddling.  Every time something new is revealed, all Trump cares about is trumpeting how it didn't involve "collusion" with his campaign.  He seems totally oblivious of the clear and blatant threat to our polical system as an institution.  All he cares about is his personal liability. Our country is under attack and he doesn't care. 

So, for whatever reason - and I certainly have my own suspicions - Trump is ignoring a clear threat to the country.  It's enough to make one think he welcomes it.  After all, they did try to help him defeat Hillary, and maybe they did

He clearly places himself above the interests of the country.

On 2/24/2018 at 9:56 AM, AUFAN78 said:

You exposed yourself. No help needed.

When you have to tell yourself you are smart. Bless.

The only person I’m aware of that constantly tells himself he is smart is Trump. The stable genius. 

But feel free to quote exactly where I claimed to be smart. I’ll wait. 

25 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

The only person I’m aware of that constantly tell himself he is smart is Trump. The stable genius. 

But feel free to quote exactly where I claimed to be smart. I’ll wait. 

Isn’t the irony stunning. Trump excels at so many things his cultist seek to critique others for and they simply can’t see it as if their brains are hardwired into a central system.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Isn’t the irony stunning. Trump excels at so many things his cultists seek to critique others for and they simply can’t see it as if their brains are hardwired into a central system.

It amazes me daily,

Archived