Tiger Giving Day Feb 21

AU64

Not about football but a good place to remind everyone that today is TIGER GIVING DAY....and friends and alums are asked to click on the website and make donations to special projects for students.    Business School is my benefactor and there are 20 other worthwhile projects conducting similar fund raising efforts. 

Check this link to find your favorite....   http://www.TigerGiving.org

Hey @Maverick.AU & @AUIH1, check out this really cool project they are raising support for... Wish I lived close enough to participate.
https://rise.auburn.edu/project/9208

Create Healing Gardens – A New Start for Cancer Survivors

Harvest for Health introduces cancer survivors to the wonderful and rewarding world of gardening. Our gardening intervention program has shown that home gardens increase fruit and vegetable intake, increase physical function and decrease body fat. All of these benefits are important for cancer survivors, who may be at increased risk of developing secondary cancers or other health conditions.

We match cancer survivors with master gardeners. Together, these pairs work to construct and maintain raised bed gardens of herbs and vegetables at cancer survivors’ homes.

In addition to support and advising from an experienced gardening pro, we provide all supplies needed at no cost to participants. For 12 months, cancer survivor and mentor plant, grow and harvest from a home garden.

8 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Hey @Maverick.AU & @AUIH1, check out this really cool project they are raising support for... Wish I lived close enough to participate.
https://rise.auburn.edu/project/9208

Create Healing Gardens – A New Start for Cancer Survivors

Harvest for Health introduces cancer survivors to the wonderful and rewarding world of gardening. Our gardening intervention program has shown that home gardens increase fruit and vegetable intake, increase physical function and decrease body fat. All of these benefits are important for cancer survivors, who may be at increased risk of developing secondary cancers or other health conditions.

We match cancer survivors with master gardeners. Together, these pairs work to construct and maintain raised bed gardens of herbs and vegetables at cancer survivors’ homes.

In addition to support and advising from an experienced gardening pro, we provide all supplies needed at no cost to participants. For 12 months, cancer survivor and mentor plant, grow and harvest from a home garden.

Kindve of crazy to see this, mainly because my mother was the head of a local master Gardner’s club  here in AL for many years, and she is also a breast cancer survivor 

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Kindve of crazy to see this, mainly because my mother was the head of a local master Gardner’s club  here in AL for many years, and she is also a breast cancer survivor 

My (limited?) experience with AL Master Gardeners (far as I can tell, mostly networked via AU through extension) are extremely knowledgeable and (when necessary) sort'a brutally honest - willing to say "that won't work," but "this might." Good useful folk.

Archived