Softball in California

AU64

AU vs Notre Dame get  underway pretty soon....just see that audio is provided by AU....will look around and see if ND or someone else will have it for free...

War Eagle ladies....

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AU hitting the ball around pretty well...only one of the ND runs was earned.   A big deal tournament out there more than a dozen teams and about half the SEC is there but they will not play other SEC teams so everyone will be playing OOC games.

Harris in to pitch for AU....has a 4 run lead 

Auburn is up 2-0 in the top of 4th in the 2nd game against Wisconsin.  Draper singled to bring in Fornis. then stole 2nd. Snow moves her to 3rd and Perry singled to bring Deaper in. Martin has no hitter through 4. 

Come on Ladies. Gotta keep them off the board and score 2 to preserve the streak. 

I guess I put the jinx on Martin by mentioning the no hitter.  I just got back in my truck in time to hear the last two outs.  I was hoping we could get out of Cali still undefeated but I didn't expect it.  Coach didn't hold any punches in post game. Too many errors, pitchers had to throw too many pitches, not enough hits.  He didn't sound happy. 

23 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I guess I put the jinx on Martin by mentioning the no hitter.  I just got back in my truck in time to hear the last two outs.  I was hoping we could get out of Cali still undefeated but I didn't expect it.  Coach didn't hold any punches in post game. Too many errors, pitchers had to throw too many pitches, not enough hits.  He didn't sound happy. 

Thanks for the PBP....missed the game.  As for errors, had two in one inning in the ND game also..... but we scored enough to take the win. 

Too many pitches?   He talking bases on balls or just the batters working the pitchers to long counts?   JMO but going for the strike out with every batter will probably increase the number of pitches unless the pitcher really has dominating stuff.   

I was gone today and missed both games, but really thought Notre Dame was probably the toughest team we had to play out there.  Oddly, Veach, who's been struggling, was 2 for 3 against Wisconsin. Snow sisters, Rivera, and McCrackin all 0 for 3.

I heard bits and pieces of the radio broadcast. Britt (isn't that his name) kept saying the Wisconsin pitcher had the best change up he has ever seen.  Better than Carlson's. 

5 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I heard bits and pieces of the radio broadcast. Britt (isn't that his name) kept saying the Wisconsin pitcher had the best change up he has ever seen.  Better than Carlson's. 

I give zero credibility to Brit’s expertise. He’ll probably say the same thing on radio or tv the first time we see an SEC pitcher with a good change up.

Game today against San Jose State Spartans.  They are 8-3 with close losses to Tennessee (7-6) and LSU (4-0).  I suspect we will see their freshman pitcher Caroline Bowman who is 5-0 with 3.23 era and 23 so in 30 innings pitched.  Really need to get bats going and cut down errors.

15 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Oddly, Veach, who's been struggling, was 2 for 3 against Wisconsin.

I hope She's coming out of her funk.  We need her stick big time.  What radio carries the games?

Archived