Softball in California

AU64

55 minutes ago, saminbama said:

I hope She's coming out of her funk.  We need her stick big time.  What radio carries the games?

Radio in the Auburn/Opelika area is 93.9 (sometimes 95.9, 97.9 or 99.9 depending if baseball or basketball is on also).

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can listen on line, go to the Softball home page and they have a link to listen to the games on computer ....or cell phone I guess also.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/w-softbl/sched/aub-w-softbl-sched.html

San Jose game starts 2:30 CST....  

McCrackin leads off 7th with a double with no outs.  ..we left the bases full in the first inning but since then, have not been able to move the runners around....and lots of ground ball outs.  

Sac bunt moves McCrackin to 3rd with one out.....  Podany walks.

Nice to hear the War Eagles from the crowd in the background....some AU family or friends attending.

Podany steals 2nd in an attempt to draw the throw and let McCrackin score....so 2 runners in scoring positon with Draper at bat

Well, while I was elsewhere, AU scored 3 runs...timely hits by Draper and  Shea and some aggressive base running.

Rivera drives in another run ...now 4-0.

Carlson still in the circle....trying for a complete game shutout. SJ leads off with a single....runner on first and no outs Next batter ....works count to 2-2....Ump calls an illegal pitch...and then batter gets a hit.....two runners on base and still no out. Martin comes in with no outs and two runners on base.

Thanks....had to get ready for taking my wife out and she dragged me away right at a crucial time. War Eagle ...

1 hour ago, slot canyon said:

Doesn't,t look like Taylon in starting line up.

I wonder if the ankle is still bothering her.  I hate that.  You know all the Cali girls have family in the stands.  

We had 8 hits on the day.  Draper was 2 for 4 and Rivera 3 for 4.  Also their pitcher gave us 4 walks.  she is 1-4 with an ERA of 5+.  Evidently we just couldn't get a hit at the right time to drive in a run.  Need Taylon back in the lineup for run production.  Shea, who is having a much better year at the plate, doubled off the wall in the 7th to drive in two.  Our big guns (Perry, Veach, TanSnow) were all ofer today.

7 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Are we still playing Oregon State tomorrow?  The game is listed on the schedule, but skipped over on the marquee at top.

Yes.  We play Oregon State at 2:30PM CST and Long Beach State at 9:30PM CST.  

2 hours ago, around4ever said:

Our bats were pretty cold until the 7th.  McCraken got us started in the 7th with the first extra base hit of the game. 

That's my girl! Go Crush!

Oregon State next up (2:30 CT) as first game of Saturday double header.  This year they are 9-5 with losses to Georgia, Louisiana Lafayette, Tennessee, and two losses to LSU.  They beat Oklahoma State earlier in the year and appear to have played a fairly challenging early season schedule.  Most of their players are from California.  Coach Berg is starting 6th season and has record of 135-123-1.  Their last game was the 3-9 loss vs Tennessee yesterday.  

7 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Our game is showing as "delayed", possibly because Washington and TAMU are into extra innings.  Huskies just scored in top 9 to take a 3-2 lead. 

It's over now. Washington won 4-3.  We are at least 30 minutes from first pitch. 

Game about to get under way?   Radio not responding ...

Archived