Softball in California

AU64

9-5 Auburn.  Perry doubled, Maresette pinch-running.  Snow struck out, Veach and Mccrackin both singled.  original pitcher coming back in for OSU.  Runners 1st and third, one out for Podany.  Podany SF to left,Veach scored.  10-5.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, 4WDE said:

I'm not sure why everyone says Dean is more aggressive running bases compared to Myers.  If you look at their history at the schools they have coached and how much emphasis and time is spent in practice on it, Myers teaches a more aggressive style.  Yes, Dean does attempt more steals at AU than Myers did, but that's it.  Myers attempted a lot more SB's at AZ St, but not sure why he changed his pace at AU.  Myers spent a lot of time every practice on situational base running, where Dean spends very little on it.  He definitely benefits from a roster that was taught well by Myers.  Hopefully, he will find a balance of when to run and when not to as SEC looms.

All I know of Clint is what he did at AU....and he left a good roster....but even with pretty good speed there were few steals.   A case could be made that odds of stealing second is higher than the odds of about any batter getting a base hit with a runner on first  base...so why not run?  

Game over, 10-7 Auburn.  Kaylee surrendered a solo homer, followed by a 10-pitch walk,  then got a groundout and a flyout.  Whew.  OSU not intimidated by our pitchers at all.  Eleven hits, including three homers.  WTH??

Just now, OlderWhiskey said:

Game over, 10-7 Auburn.  Kaylee surrendered a solo homer, followed by a 10-pitch walk,  then got a groundout and a flyout.  Whew.  OSU not intimidated by our pitchers at all.  Eleven hits, including three homers.  WTH??

Thanks for posting

1 minute ago, saminbama said:

Yeah.  Glad it's over.  Pitchers didn't shine in that one.  The next game will be a tough one.  Hope they go back to hotel and relax a little.

Is there a second game today? If so, against whom?

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

All I know of Clint is what he did at AU....and he left a good roster....but even with pretty good speed there were few steals.   A case could be made that odds of stealing second is higher than the odds of about any batter getting a base hit with a runner on first  base...so why not run?  

Agreed, Myers did attempt less steals at AU (as little as anywhere he has been).  Why?  He had reasons, but he and I can agree to disagree :)  It's all about timing on when to run when you get to the SEC, Supers, and WCWS.  You can't run yourself out of an inning when runs are a premium in those games.

They all struggled a bit. Each gave up a home run. Martin and Carlson gave up 5 hits each. 

AUBURN PITCHING STATS
# Player Dec IP H R ER BB K WP BK HP BF 2B 3B HR ERA
29 M. Martin   2.0 5 3 3 0 3 0 0 0 11 0 0 1 0.83
13 C. Harris W 1-1 1.1 1 2 1 0 1 0 0 0 6 0 0 1 0.49
16 K. Carlson S 1 3.2 5 2 2 1 3 1 0 0 17 0 0 1 0.64
PITCHING TOTALS 7.0 11 7 6 1 7 1 0 0 34 0 0 3 0.7

Some other scores of interest:  San Jose State leading Miss. State 3-0; UT beats Oregon 1-0.  Missouri beats Wisconsin 7-3; washington beat TAMU 4-3.  Arizona over Oklahoma, one-hit the Sooners.  Fla. State leading uat 3-1 in 5th.

I got nothin' on the LB State game.  Both schools using Gametracker, which has been screwed up this year. Can't find radio.

From Twitter:  No score going to top 3.  Rivera and Taylon still out.  Martin pitching.  Assume Jenna O. in RF,can't red the last name on the lineup card.

Hey Family, I have learned that Alyssa Rivera had a death in the family and left Cali this morning  to be with her family.  Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and Prayers. 

7 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Hey Family, I have learned that Alyssa Rivera had a death in the family and left Cali this morning  to be with her family.  Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and Prayers. 

Sorry to hear of her loss.  I thought there must be a non-softball reason she wasn't playing.

Going to the bottom of the 4th, still up 1-0.  We are facing a rise ball pitcher and she must be driving us crazy.  

Martin has had two base runners and both have been involved in double plays. Martin has faced the minimum number of batters through 3 innings. 

Archived