Softball in California

AU64

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloop single to short LF.  Craziness.  All runners thought it was caught. It wasn't.  Draper did score.  But Crocker gets tagged out.  Waiting to hear more.  Brit is totally confused. 

27 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Y'all are so quick to turn on these girls.  Worst umping ever but you quickly throw our girls under the bus. Sad

What are you posting about?  Who is throwing the girls under the bus?

7 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Y'all are so quick to turn on these girls.  Worst umping ever but you quickly throw our girls under the bus. Sad

Say what ?!?  I haven't posted or read anything on here that throws anyone "under the bus".  We all love this team, so we sit up late and follow the game on computer and comment on developments.  Every at-bat isn't a hit, and every comment isn't a platitude.  Now what board were you reading?

4 and 2 on our West Coast swing.  That's not bad.  We played some tough competition. I suspect all but CSUN are possible tourney teams.  Let's get back home and work on what we have learned about ourselves.  WAR EAGLE LADIES!!! 

22 minutes ago, around4ever said:

4 and 2 on our West Coast swing.  That's not bad.  We played some tough competition. I suspect all but CSUN are possible tourney teams.  Let's get back home and work on what we have learned about ourselves.  WAR EAGLE LADIES!!! 

Especially considering we were missing Rivera today, and Taylon, who has really been important to the offense, for the last 4 games or so.  Long Beach is a pretty good team, no disgrace to lose to them.

I haven't seen anyone post negatively about this team.  You can't always pump sunshine and in games like this, you have to be realistic.  They played  a lot of softball in a short amount of time, plus they were away from their normal surroundings since Tuesday.  They were gassed.  We have a lot of younger players or older players who haven't played much on this team.  The defense has to improve and if this pitcher's rise ball was giving us fits, we better work on that real hard in practice.  In a few weeks when we play Bammer we're going to see one of the best in the country when Orsoio pitches.  Several of our top players are from California, where do you suppose LBS's players are from?  They are a very good team and this shows us areas where we need to work.  Like staying in the batter's box.  The rule has changed this year and so far our local umpires have let us get away with it multiple times.  Reporting the wrong number for a pitcher is just a bonehead mistake by the staff, not the players.  These are the type of mistakes that will hurt during post season play.  Getting exposure to different umpires is good, because during the tournament, the NCAA assigns the umps and you never know who you might get.  Plus if we don't host, we may be playing in Timbuktu.  4-2 during this road trip was good for us.  Hopefully, we'll watch film and learn from this.

16 minutes ago, saminbama said:

I haven't seen anyone post negatively about this team.  You can't always pump sunshine and in games like this, you have to be realistic.  They played  a lot of softball in a short amount of time, plus they were away from their normal surroundings since Tuesday.  They were gassed.  We have a lot of younger players or older players who haven't played much on this team.  The defense has to improve and if this pitcher's rise ball was giving us fits, we better work on that real hard in practice.  In a few weeks when we play Bammer we're going to see one of the best in the country when Orsoio pitches.  Several of our top players are from California, where do you suppose LBS's players are from?  They are a very good team and this shows us areas where we need to work.  Like staying in the batter's box.  The rule has changed this year and so far our local umpires have let us get away with it multiple times.  Reporting the wrong number for a pitcher is just a bonehead mistake by the staff, not the players.  These are the type of mistakes that will hurt during post season play.  Getting exposure to different umpires is good, because during the tournament, the NCAA assigns the umps and you never know who you might get.  Plus if we don't host, we may be playing in Timbuktu.  4-2 during this road trip was good for us.  Hopefully, we'll watch film and learn from this.

I have noticed both Draper and Crocker stepping out of the box and it not being called.  It is a tough call for the umpire to watch their feet and the ball at the same time. 

The pitching change was confusing.  Brit said on the broadcast that Harris was coming in. When they came back from break it was Swindle.  I'm not sure what happened.  

I agree with you.  I think the players and staff were worn out and ready to get home.  We do have a lot of work to do. 

Archived