Sports Marketing Scandal just getting started

AU64

https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-federal-documents-detail-sweeping-potential-ncaa-violations-involving-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html

Copies of ledger pages with names of players receiving loans from ASM sports marketing....lots of names you will know.  None at AU as best I can tell...

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-federal-documents-detail-sweeping-potential-ncaa-violations-involving-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html

Copies of ledger pages with names of players receiving loans from ASM sports marketing....lots of names you will know.  None at AU as best I can tell...

Couple current players that can possibly make the tournament. If they can play in the tournament, why can’t Wiley? 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Couple current players that can possibly make the tournament. If they can play in the tournament, why can’t Wiley? 

Their teams could also get penalized for all the games they have played in too.....nobody suggesting thus far that any of those guys will get a free pass just because this information has just come to light recently.  

Wiley and DP are not the only players who have been "sat down" for the season based on the earlier FBI reports and coaches being fired.   Someone from the FBI noted way back then that what we saw was the tip of the ice berg.....

And just wondering.....nobody really thinks it's just a coincidence that this list comes public a couple weeks before the conference tournaments and the Big Dance do they?   :dunno:

Let me put my tinfoil hat on and I can explain it.......OK...it's on nice and tight.

So consider that you are an FBI agent working this case and you have the list in your files.  You are a Villanova grad....or maybe Xavier......and you notice that none of your players are on the list but instead....there are some big name guys who are playing for big name teams and there might be a chance to get them and their teams eliminated from the tournament without having to beat them on the court.     So "leak" the information ...make it very public....and put the pressure on the NCAA to take pre-emptive action against the players and the schools who are implicated now that the entire college basketball world has that information.

Can the NCAA do nothing?   Can the schools do nothing?  

Guess we will find out.

On 2/23/2018 at 3:38 PM, AU64 said:

And just wondering.....nobody really thinks it's just a coincidence that this list comes public a couple weeks before the conference tournaments and the Big Dance do they?   :dunno:

Let me put my tinfoil hat on and I can explain it.......OK...it's on nice and tight.

So consider that you are an FBI agent working this case and you have the list in your files.  You are a Villanova grad....or maybe Xavier......and you notice that none of your players are on the list but instead....there are some big name guys who are playing for big name teams and there might be a chance to get them and their teams eliminated from the tournament without having to beat them on the court.     So "leak" the information ...make it very public....and put the pressure on the NCAA to take pre-emptive action against the players and the schools who are implicated now that the entire college basketball world has that information.

Can the NCAA do nothing?   Can the schools do nothing?  

Guess we will find out.

Arizona and Sean are denying everything. 

Archived