Time to break some more streaks tonight at UF!

GwillMac6

Auburn has not won at florida's O dome since feb 10th 1996. Time to keep up the tradition this season of breaking some streaks!!!! WAR DAMN!!!! Lets do this tonight boys.

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Any up to date news on Heron? I saw where they were hopeful he’d play, does anyone have any info?

Auburn sophomore guard Mustapha Heron is feeling a "little better" Thursday after missing much of the week due to a stomach virus, coach Bruce Pearl said.

Heron, Auburn's second-leading scorer at 16.1 points per game, missed Wednesday night's 90-71 win against rival Alabama due to the illness, which has sidelined him since Monday's practice at Auburn Arena. Pearl expects Heron to return to practice on Thursday afternoon in a limited capacity.

"(He) was able to keep food down and felt better this morning for the first time this week," Pearl said. "... I think he'll be able to watch film and maybe get some shots and see if he can rebuilt just his strength and his energy. You know, when you lose so many fluids from a stomach virus, it's coming out of everywhere, you got to find a couple of days to replenish it."

Pearl added that Heron will "definitely sit" during practice on Thursday in order to have more time to recover from the stomach virus.

Heron has started 26 of Auburn's 27 games this season, missing the UAB game on Dec. 9 and the win against the Tide at Auburn Arena -- when the Tigers won despite having just seven healthy scholarship players -- the lone game he has not played in. Pearl remained hopeful that the former five-star guard will be available for Auburn when it travels to Florida on Saturday at 7:30 p.m., when the Tigers have a chance to clinch the SEC regular-season title.

"I know Mustapha," Pearl said. "He's going to want to be out there working. This probably what, three days, four days now? He hasn't taken three of four days off in four years probably. We just got to get back to healthy, but he was feeling better this morning, so we'll see.

Curious what tempo Florida will try and dictate. They've been shooting remarkably poor ever since their run at PK80, so I'm little cautious if we are able to force Florida to play our pace. If we can get a quick lead, I think we're gonna see the game flow to be in a quicker pace, which would favor us...assuming Heron plays tonight. I think we're gonna be alright tonight :)

Also, go Ole Miss. Tennessee plays at Ole Miss today, so seeing Black Bears, Rebels, or Landsharks whatever, win wouldn't hurt as insurance for us.

2 hours ago, AUDynasty said:

Curious what tempo Florida will try and dictate. They've been shooting remarkably poor ever since their run at PK80, so I'm little cautious if we are able to force Florida to play our pace. If we can get a quick lead, I think we're gonna see the game flow to be in a quicker pace, which would favor us...assuming Heron plays tonight. I think we're gonna be alright tonight :)

Also, go Ole Miss. Tennessee plays at Ole Miss today, so seeing Black Bears, Rebels, or Landsharks whatever, win wouldn't hurt as insurance for us.

I thought I read where an Auburn win or UTK loss would give AU the regular season conference championship

15 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I thought I read where an Auburn win or UTK loss would give AU the regular season conference championship

YEP!

But I don't see Auburn winning tonight. The team expended so much mental and physical energy in beating bamr's a$$.

17 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

1988, how is that even possible? Geesh that’s an embarrassing streak that needs to end. 

WOOPS!!! MUHHHH BAD FAM!!! It was actually 1996 the last time we won at Florida. Cliff Ellis second season at Auburn. I guess I glossed over that season in my research. Regardless it has been a long time since we won there! We are due. KNOCK ON WOOD!

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

1988, how is that even possible? Geesh that’s an embarrassing streak that needs to end. 

We don't play there as often as we do some places.. Still, it's bad enough.

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

It will, because we hold the tie-breaker over Tennessee.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Auburn has not won at florida's O dome since feb 10th 1996. Time to keep up the tradition this season of breaking some streaks!!!! WAR DAMN!!!! Lets do this tonight boys.

17ED8414-C6D9-4229-897E-0913D9F2EC6B.gif

14 minutes ago, fredst said:

17ED8414-C6D9-4229-897E-0913D9F2EC6B.gif

AND LETS DO IT IN TOOOOOOOOGAS!!!!!! lol TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!!!!! BEAT UF!!!!!!

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

AND LETS DO IT IN TOOOOOOOOGAS!!!!!! lol TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!!!!! BEAT UF!!!!!!

I’m wearing my sweatshirt that says “COLLEGE” then drinking a fifth of Jack Daniels in one swallow if we win to clinch the SEC tonight ?!!! Woo!!!

20 minutes ago, fredst said:

I’m wearing my sweatshirt that says “COLLEGE” then drinking a fifth of Jack Daniels in one swallow if we win to clinch the SEC tonight ?!!! Woo!!!

impressive

Anyone know what channel we're on tonight? I'm at a restaurant and want to request they turn it on.

When I saw this thread title, I misread it as ( steaks). I thought damn we all grilling steaks tonight. Anyway I just demolished my ribeye and had brats as appetizers. I’m ready for the game and almost too full to drink any more beer. 

Does anyone else find that Pat Bradley is a strange fellow. 

Archived