Baseball vs Bryant Game 3

20 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

If @Tigerbelle is watching she's got to be smiling ear to ear...entire dugout dancing in unison during the pitching change.  Not something that would have happened under that previous HC.

I do love it! Those kids are having a good time and they feel confident. That's how it should be. The love of the game is back at Auburn!

The previous coach...it was all about HIM and he was a bully. 

1 minute ago, BJCrawford said:

Glad Auburn did not play today. Looks like an sec jinx today in baseball. 7 of 10 sec teams in action lost. Do not see that too often.

No jinx.  It's not easy to sweep any three game series, especially with the parity of the talent level after the top two or three pitchers.  I think it's even harder to do it the way our guys did playing two on the final day.  Really hard to have 35 guys stay focused for 8 hours.  

Auburn will have to do it again to sweep BYU as the LDS church won't allow Sunday play.  By the way, the Cougars hold the #1 spot in the RPI ranking.

50 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

No jinx.  It's not easy to sweep any three game series, especially with the parity of the talent level after the top two or three pitchers.  I think it's even harder to do it the way our guys did playing two on the final day.  Really hard to have 35 guys stay focused for 8 hours.  

Auburn will have to do it again to sweep BYU as the LDS church won't allow Sunday play.  By the way, the Cougars hold the #1 spot in the RPI ranking.

So there’s no shame in losing to a team like Bryant? I know we did not but are you talking about that type of a loss is not that bad? This is a serious question because it seems like most are playing schools I have not heard of right now. (Of course, I’ve heard of BYU ).  I admit to be a novice relative to baseball but I’ll follow most any sport when the team is in an Auburn uniform. Makes the football off season much more fun.

48 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

So there’s no shame in losing to a team like Bryant? I know we did not but are you talking about that type of a loss is not that bad? This is a serious question because it seems like most are playing schools I have not heard of right now. (Of course, I’ve heard of BYU ).  I admit to be a novice relative to baseball but I’ll follow most any sport when the team is in an Auburn uniform. Makes the football off season much more fun.

Bryant University is relatively unknown to the casual baseball fan, most people have no idea that anybody even plays baseball in Rhode Island.  However, those who watched that team know that they are very well coached and have a great deal of talent...particularly at the plate.  What they lacked mostly was pitching depth.  They don't have guys they can roll out that throw in the mid-90's.  They did have a soft throwing lefty starter for game three that rendered the Auburn offense completely ineffective for six innings...and about five or six guys who could hit anybody's pitching (they lit up Casey Mize, who will likely be a top ten draft pick, in game 1).  Going 2-1 would not have been disgraceful by any means.  That program has been to the NCAA baseball tournament three out of the last five years, which is better than our two appearances.  

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Bryant is a favorite to win their conference again this year.  Very solid ballclub and a good sweep for AU this weekend to be sure.

Also, I'm even more convinced now that Burns will be our Saturday starter by SEC play.

14 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Bryant University is relatively unknown to the casual baseball fan, most people have no idea that anybody even plays baseball in Rhode Island.  However, those who watched that team know that they are very well coached and have a great deal of talent...particularly at the plate.  What they lacked mostly was pitching depth.  They don't have guys they can roll out that throw in the mid-90's.  They did have a soft throwing lefty starter for game three that rendered the Auburn offense completely ineffective for six innings...and about five or six guys who could hit anybody's pitching (they lit up Casey Mize, who will likely be a top ten draft pick, in game 1).  Going 2-1 would not have been disgraceful by any means.  That program has been to the NCAA baseball tournament three out of the last five years, which is better than our two appearances.  

That's very good information.  They certainly swung the bats well, especially Friday in Game 1.

Been feeling good about baseball all offseason. You gave me more good vibes!  Thanks!

Archived