Men vs. Florida

WarTiger

We tried our best and we lost. Can't afford to turn it over 16 times. We'll win the SEC outright if we beat Arkansas. I know for a fact that South Carolina has no chance to beat us at home. We'll beat them by 15-21 points.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People saying we didn’t haven’t last night, which is true, but even with that, we came back and took the lead with under 4 to go. We can play with any team in the country. We played a pretty good Florida team on the road and went down by as much as 16 and came back to take a lead and have a chance to win with 4 mins left. I know it stinks but man even our bad games are close.

This team's makeup is there are three primary scorers, Brown, Harper and Heron. If one of them is having an off night (Or not available as per Heron vs. UAT, )we can still be pretty impressive and win convincingly. If two of them are having an off night (as per Harper and Brown vs. UF), we are in deep doo-doo. Fortunately the times two of the three have a sub-par performance have been minimal. Lets hope it continues on that course.

We will be alright. In all but one of our losses we had a chance to win it at the end. Not many teams can fight through playing poorly and still be able to play to win the game down the stretch. Arky will be tough and we don't match up well with South Carolina so this week is a huuuge week for us. 

But to the other point being discussed in the thread, if I recall Bruce's teams at UT had a propensity to kind of stumble a little bit down the stretch, right? Or at least he had that reputation? I seem to recall that being one of his pitfalls -- but I could be totally off base there as that was nearly a decade ago. Anyone with an unbiased take on this? 

No, I remember this with PEarl teams at UT too. 

His teams could go on some fantastic winning streaks, but every now and then, they would lose a game, somewhat unexpected. Or against top level teams in the NCAA, his teams were probably 50/50.

But for AU basketball, that would be heaven...lol.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

No, I remember this with PEarl teams at UT too. 

His teams could go on some fantastic winning streaks, but every now and then, they would lose a game, somewhat unexpected. Or against top level teams in the NCAA, his teams were probably 50/50.

But for AU basketball, that would be heaven...lol.

Exactly, I will live with those deficiencies every damn time if it means we are flirting with 24+ wins and fighting for conference championships.

Did Bruce have some sort of rep regarding faltering down the stretch some at UT or am I thinking of someone else? I remember he was a buzzer beater from Chris Lofton away from losing to a #15 seed in the first round in like 2005 or 2006 I believe and maybe that's inaccurately influencing my admittedly hazy memory.

Archived