FL fans throw money at auburn players chant fbi

aubiefifty

seccountry.com

florida fans throw money at Auburn players, chant 'F-B-I'

Joe Clarkin Posted 3 hours ago

A word of warning, Auburn fans: Even if the Tigers do the expected and win the SEC regular-season title, you’re not going to stop hearing about the program’s alleged involvement in the FBI scandal rocking college basketball anytime soon.

Don’t believe that? Well, the fans at the University of Florida had a nice reminder for the Tigers as they left the floor following a 72-66 loss to the Gators. As Auburn headed back to the locker room, Gator fans serenaded them with chants of ‘F-B-I’ while throwing dollar bills down at the players:

Though the latest reports from Yahoo! Sports have shown that the pay-for-play scandal affects several major programs, Auburn was one of the first to be implicated.

Back in September 2017, Auburn assistant Chuck Person was arrested on charges of conspiracy and fraud, as he is alleged to have accepted bribes to ensure that two Auburn players would eventually sign with a specific agent. Those two players — later revealed to be projected starters Danjel Purifoy and Austin Wiley — have not played for Auburn this season as a result of the investigation.

Auburn’s involvement in the scandal is particularly interesting as it applies to head coach Bruce Pearl. There is an argument to be made that Pearl deserves to be both a) SEC Coach of the Year and B) fired after the season. This is not Pearl’s first major run-in with the NCAA, as he was given a show-cause for lying to the NCAA about an impermissible visit by a recruit while the head coach at the University of Tennessee.

All that is to say is this story isn’t going away anytime soon. And while the Tigers look positioned to close out their first SEC title in two decades, their reign at the top of the SEC could be short-lived.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:
seccountry.com

florida fans throw money at Auburn players, chant 'F-B-I'

Joe Clarkin Posted 3 hours ago

A word of warning, Auburn fans: Even if the Tigers do the expected and win the SEC regular-season title, you’re not going to stop hearing about the program’s alleged involvement in the FBI scandal rocking college basketball anytime soon.

Don’t believe that? Well, the fans at the University of Florida had a nice reminder for the Tigers as they left the floor following a 72-66 loss to the Gators. As Auburn headed back to the locker room, Gator fans serenaded them with chants of ‘F-B-I’ while throwing dollar bills down at the players:

Though the latest reports from Yahoo! Sports have shown that the pay-for-play scandal affects several major programs, Auburn was one of the first to be implicated.

Back in September 2017, Auburn assistant Chuck Person was arrested on charges of conspiracy and fraud, as he is alleged to have accepted bribes to ensure that two Auburn players would eventually sign with a specific agent. Those two players — later revealed to be projected starters Danjel Purifoy and Austin Wiley — have not played for Auburn this season as a result of the investigation.

Auburn’s involvement in the scandal is particularly interesting as it applies to head coach Bruce Pearl. There is an argument to be made that Pearl deserves to be both a) SEC Coach of the Year and B) fired after the season. This is not Pearl’s first major run-in with the NCAA, as he was given a show-cause for lying to the NCAA about an impermissible visit by a recruit while the head coach at the University of Tennessee.

All that is to say is this story isn’t going away anytime soon. And while the Tigers look positioned to close out their first SEC title in two decades, their reign at the top of the SEC could be short-lived.

Crap article

there is a video of this happening but i cannot post vids yet. it is not on youtube yet either. i hope someone finds it and posts it because the auburn players got a free buck or two   lol.

hey i am just posting the news. it does not mean i like it. but everyone needs to find the video cus a couple of auburn players trolled the fans to me....................

and i did want auburn fans to see what florida fans were doing ...............

33 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

hey i am just posting the news. it does not mean i like it. but everyone needs to find the video cus a couple of auburn players trolled the fans to me....................

and i did want auburn fans to see what florida fans were doing ...............

I think @aujeff11 is allowed to be critical of the article despite who posted it. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I think @aujeff11 is allowed to be critical of the article despite who posted it. 

of course he is. and i have the right to state i post some articles others might enjoy even if i do not.right? anyway nothing to see here... i should have stated my position clearer. but for the record i did find the article interesting and i am sure other would want to be in the know about this.

20 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

What poetic justice it would be if Florida was part of the next round of fbi probes.  You never know.....

Yeah, I don’t know why fans of any school would be throwing stones at this time. 

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

of course he is. and i have the right to state i post some articles others might enjoy even if i do not.right? anyway nothing to see here... i should have stated my position clearer. but for the record i did find the article interesting and i am sure other would want to be in the know about this.

Can we not just laugh at the funny and leave it at that? I’m tired of the needless negative slants like this one: 

There is an argument to be made that Pearl deserves to be both a) SEC Coach of the Year

and B) fired after the season. This is not Pearl’s first major run-in with the NCAA, as he was given a show-cause for lying to the NCAA about an impermissible visit by a recruit while the head coach at the University of Tennessee.

And while the Tigers look positioned to close out their first SEC title in two decades, their reign at the top of the SEC could be short-lived.

What happened last night with the creative student section was humorous because of the new wave of FBI implications and Auburn’s link to it in tbe earlier investigation, but the author used the student section humor as his platform to portray Bruce as a corrupt coach that could soon be served a pink slip due to the FBI presence in the CBB world. There is no reasonable argument to be made that Bruce should be fired at the end of the season until the status quo changes- and the status quo, as far as I know, is that the violations involving Auburn were isolated to Coach Person. Any writer or pundit that says otherwise just wants to see themselves in tbe headlines. 

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Yeah, I don’t know why fans of any school would be throwing stones at this time. 

It's college and college kids.....a step beyond "dirty mop" cries from the AU fans....but nothing to get upset about...JMO...

look i love my tigers. i hold bruce pearl in high regard and just stated in another thread i was trying to find his official addy to ask for his auto. the florida fan protest was too big to not let folks here on here know what is what. i will not be held hostage to what i can or cannot post within aufam rules. and i never ridicule anything auburn as a given. i certainly do not ridicule players. i understand there are a ton of folks on here that diss auburn every single day given the opportunity but that is not me. i will post from those evil sites most of you will not go to to help keep this site informed of what is going on. and i know for a fact if you want to jump some negative nancy's maybe you should go after the ones that do it every single day and not someone keeping this board informed. you certainly have better people to jump because of it than me. jesus some of you never stop. i post too many sports articles so please stop. i get info from al.com so please stop.

here is the thing. i will post what i choose to post. you can take it for what it is or you can assume i have some evil slant against auburn. the choice is yours. but save your butthurt on this site for someone that deserves it. or ignore me if you need be. i am not trying to be mean but i refuse to let someone infringe on my freedom of speech.

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

look i love my tigers. i hold bruce pearl in high regard and just stated in another thread i was trying to find his official addy to ask for his auto. the florida fan protest was too big to not let folks here on here know what is what. i will not be held hostage to what i can or cannot post within aufam rules. and i never ridicule anything auburn as a given. i certainly do not ridicule players. i understand there are a ton of folks on here that diss auburn every single day given the opportunity but that is not me. i will post from those evil sites most of you will not go to to help keep this site informed of what is going on. and i know for a fact if you want to jump some negative nancy's maybe you should go after the ones that do it every single day and not someone keeping this board informed. you certainly have better people to jump because of it than me. jesus some of you never stop. i post too many sports articles so please stop. i get info from al.com so please stop.

here is the thing. i will post what i choose to post. you can take it for what it is or you can assume i have some evil slant against auburn. the choice is yours. but save your butthurt on this site for someone that deserves it. or ignore me if you need be. i am not trying to be mean but i refuse to let someone infringe on my freedom of speech.

You know I’m not attacking your posting of articles right? I was talking about the writer and the article, not you.

You seem very:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Let's drop the crap back and forth and just have a good time with what the UF fans did. The AU players seem to take it well

hell that is all i ever wanted............but i will defend myself. auburn is my heart.

no jeff i took it as a shot to me. but if i am wrong i am sorry. and i mean that as well. i come on here to have fun. for the record i have been asked not to post so many auburn articles or where they come from so yes i get defensive.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

no jeff i took it as a shot to me. but if i am wrong i am sorry. and i mean that as well. i come on here to have fun.

I have no problems with you bringing articles to this site. I was speaking to the content within the article. Here is a gold medal for your efforts: ?

7 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Crap article

I was going to use a different word, but "crap" is the same thing. Any article writer who A.) Equates the CP thing with pay to play; B.) Claims the CP issue equates to BP having "another major run-in with the NCAA," and C.) Insinuates it's as logically likely AU wins the reg. season championship as it is AU fires BP at season's end is an ignorant horse's ass who writes and publishes pure drivel.

19 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I have no problems with you bringing articles to this site. I was speaking to the content within the article. Here is a gold medal for your efforts: ?

Your original comment meaning was clear to me as well. I share your opinion as others do. @aubiefifty has been criticized for posting articles so I see why he could think something else. People can opt not to read those articles and just let it go if they wish since they most likely know where he gets them. 

Concerning the article if I’m not mistaken, CBPs run in with the NCAA was because he was not truthful about a recruit visiting and having dinner at his house.  Stop the presses, but that sounds like quite the infraction. Not!!!  That’s about as lame as it gets.   With all the other stuff that teams are doing, he gets a show cause because the NCAA got butt hurt because he lied.  

Archived