FL fans throw money at auburn players chant fbi

aubiefifty

Next time they come to Jordan Hare or heck even in 2019 when we go there I am chanting Aaron Hernandez at them.

Florida fans....some of the worst in the country. I had to clean piss out of my hat and shirt the last time I visited “The Swamp” because they like to pour it down on you from above out of their cups. Wes Byrum made me very happy that night. 

9 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Concerning the article if I’m not mistaken, CBPs run in with the NCAA was because he was not truthful about a recruit visiting and having dinner at his house.  Stop the presses, but that sounds like quite the infraction. Not!!!  That’s about as lame as it gets.   With all the other stuff that teams are doing, he gets a show cause because the NCAA got butt hurt because he lied.  

If there is no penalty for lying.  why tell the truth?   BP lied and he tried to get other people to lie... That is not "butthurt". ... but it is over.

The UF thing was funny...but not very original.

19 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Though the latest reports from Yahoo! Sports have shown that the pay-for-play scandal affects several major programs, Auburn was one of the first to be implicated.

I am tired of this kind of writing. This is simply not true. We were not one of the firs to be implicated because we are not mentioned in the article of Yahoo Sports and were never actually investigated by the FBI!! Auburn has not once been investigated by the FBI for this scandal. I can’t say the same about Chuck Person, but I am tired of being roped into this logic. We aren’t even mentioned in the most recent fallout 

This is funny because if this weekend told us anything it's that no program is safe from being outed and UF being a significant basketball power would make me extremely hesitant to make fun of other programs.

If Sean Miller, who's contract basically encouraged him to get his hands dirty isn't safe then Mike White and UF better be exxxxxttra sure they're clean before laughing at anyone else

People keep saying we were involved with the pay for play scandal. That is the exact opposite if what we are being accused of. We are in trouble for person trying to steer kids away from their time at Auburn.  We in no way are tied to paying players to bring them in.

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

If there is no penalty for lying.  why tell the truth?   BP lied and he tried to get other people to lie... That is not "butthurt". ... but it is over.

The UF thing was funny...but not very original.

People lie all the time.   How many players or coaches ever say, yea I did it.   Correct me if I’m wrong,  but wasn’t the kid there on his own but was provided a meal or something to that.   He posted the visit on social media and CBP denied it.   So it wasn’t paying players or their families.   But we let Universities make up curriculums to pass kids and get off with no penalty.   That is the definition of insanity 

anyone know how i can email bruce to get his autograph? i guess i am wording  it wrong for google or something....

21 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

anyone know how i can email bruce to get his autograph? i guess i am wording  it wrong for google or something....

You would probably be more successful mailing him something to sign with a SASE to return it in.

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-sends-money-thrown-by-Florida-fans-to-compliance--115587423

AUBURN, Alabama — Florida fans threw money at Auburn players chanting “F-B-I, F-B-I” as the team left the court following a 72-66 loss on Saturday.

Coach Bruce Pearl downplayed the incident before Monday’s practice — ”just college basketball” — but the program didn’t take any chances with the money players collected off the ground.

Auburn has been under the spotlight this season as the FBI investigates the actions by former assistant coach Chuck Person. Person allegedly gave money to the families of Austin Wiley and Danjel Purifoy.

The university announced the two expected starters would be held out of the lineup indefinitely before a Nov. 2 exhibition against Barry. The NCAA has since ruled Wiley ineligible for the 2017-18 season. Auburn has applied for reinstatement for Purifoy, who is waiting to hear back from the NCAA. Two Auburn staffers have also been place on administrative leave.

“It was real money,” Pearl said. “And I think there are $5 or $6 that is out there. And because you know we’re compliant, we have actually turned that money over to compliance. Really. It was $5 or $6, but our people have the money. I don’t know what they’re going do with it. Probably give it to charity. But we have already self-reported it.”

Pearl may have shrugged off the incident, but players weren’t as forgiving.

“I’ve never seen nothing like that,” Bryce Brown said. “I’ll remember that next time we play them. I didn’t like that. I didn’t like how they tried us like that. I didn’t like that.”

Auburn football players faced a similar situation when visiting Georgia in 1993 after the program was placed on probation. Fans threw money before the game that players used to buy pizza from Mama Goldbergs after beating the Bulldogs 42-38.

“You could hear coins banging off the helmets,” former Auburn defensive back Fred Smith said. “There was wadded up money, five’s and 20’s. I was the last one coming out, and all the guys were telling me, ‘you need to pick that money up.’ I mean we were just college kids. That was spending money.”

Very glad our players felt a certain way about that. I hope we get a crack at them in St Louis. We can definitely beat them.

Could the SEC do something to Florida for their throwing money at Auburn? I wish thy would cause they (the SEC) needs to stop this crap.

AUBURN, Alabama — Florida fans threw money at Auburn players chanting “F-B-I, F-B-I” as the team left the court following a 72-66 loss on Saturday.

Coach Bruce Pearl downplayed the incident before Monday’s practice — ”just college basketball” — but the program didn’t take any chances with the money players collected off the ground.

Auburn has been under the spotlight this season as the FBI investigates the actions by former assistant coach Chuck Person. Person allegedly gave money to the families of Austin Wiley and Danjel Purifoy.

The university announced the two expected starters would be held out of the lineup indefinitely before a Nov. 2 exhibition against Barry. The NCAA has since ruled Wiley ineligible for the 2017-18 season. Auburn has applied for reinstatement for Purifoy, who is waiting to hear back from the NCAA. Two Auburn staffers have also been place on administrative leave.

“It was real money,” Pearl said. “And I think there are $5 or $6 that is out there. And because you know we’re compliant, we have actually turned that money over to compliance. Really. It was $5 or $6, but our people have the money. I don’t know what they’re going do with it. Probably give it to charity. But we have already self-reported it.”

Pearl may have shrugged off the incident, but players weren’t as forgiving.

“I’ve never seen nothing like that,” Bryce Brown said. “I’ll remember that next time we play them. I didn’t like that. I didn’t like how they tried us like that. I didn’t like that.”

Auburn football players faced a similar situation when visiting Georgia in 1993 after the program was placed on probation. Fans threw money before the game that players used to buy pizza from Mama Goldbergs after beating the Bulldogs 42-28.

“You could hear coins banging off the helmets,” former Auburn defensive back Fred Smith said. “There was wadded up money, five’s and 20’s. I was the last one coming out, and all the guys were telling me, ‘you need to pick that money up.’ I mean we were just college kids. That was spending money.”

On 2/26/2018 at 12:04 AM, autigeremt said:

Florida fans....some of the worst in the country. I had to clean piss out of my hat and shirt the last time I visited “The Swamp” because they like to pour it down on you from above out of their cups. Wes Byrum made me very happy that night. 

When I was at Auburn, you knew 2 things were going to happen when Florida came to town. First, the campus would be trashed, and second, the local jail would be full of people with gators on their shirts.

Archived