If we share the title

tigerbrotha12

21 minutes ago, Tiger said:

If Bruce can pull of 24+ wins with a shorthanded roster just wait until he's got all of the studs he's recruited as his disposal. Bruce isn't a flash in the pan so I'm confident that we are going to be seeing much of what we saw this year moving forward.

What I love the most about Bruce is that regardless of the recruiting rankings if Bruce wants a guy you know he's going to be a stud in our system if he puts in the work. And that is something I'm very much looking forward to!

Provided he gets the chance to keep coaching here

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

It will hurt if we lose to South Carolina, 1st game of SEC tourney, and 1st game of NCAA tourney. The season isn't so magical if that happens.

I totally disagree with this.  If you had told me at the beginning of the season that AU without Purifoy and Wiley, that we would be in the NCAA tourney...I would have thought you were drinking.  I don't know about everyone else.  I have been watching AUBB since Sonny Smith and almost every year since Cliff Ellis, it has been wondering who I would pull for in the Tourney since my AU team would not be there.  I am ecstatic that we have done what we have done.  I am overjoyed we have one of, if not THE, best backcourts in basketball.  If we exit in the first round of the tourney, I will be sad....However, I will be happy that our wonderful AUBB team has overcome the hump of getting to the big show.   This is HUGE for AU.  Bruce Pearl has worked some sort of voodoo to get us where we are.  This season is magical...trust me on that.  If you don't think so, then you just recently jumped on board with the team winning like it has.

3 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

If the AU president or AD gets rid of him without definitive proof that he did something wrong, I can honestly say I am done with AUBB after following it religiously for 36 years.  Bruce Pearl is the greatest thing to happen to AU since Bo...and the best thing to ever happen to AUBB.

19 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I know what you mean. But we could basically just cancel the rest of AU bball if he's no longer coaching here. He is AU hoops.

1 hour ago, InfernoOrangeSS said:

If the AU president or AD gets rid of him without definitive proof that he did something wrong, I can honestly say I am done with AUBB after following it religiously for 36 years.  Bruce Pearl is the greatest thing to happen to AU since Bo...and the best thing to ever happen to AUBB.

What is the current mood in AU Compliance about Bruce at this point?  Did Rich McGlynn gather enough information from BP during the internal investigation to satisfy the compliance inquiries?  

2 hours ago, keesler said:

What is the current mood in AU Compliance about Bruce at this point?  Did Rich McGlynn gather enough information from BP during the internal investigation to satisfy the compliance inquiries?  

There's not a lot of love lets just say that.

On 2/28/2018 at 7:05 PM, Tiger Scout said:

we still have to win sat and we have not been the same since mclemore got hurt. we better get hot shooting the ball and clean up are sloppy plays or we wont go far in tournament

it is what it is as far as the tourney

Id be cool if they just tanked the tourney (depending on matchups) and finally got some rest for the actual tourney. At least thats how I woulda felt when our projected seed was top 2 

25 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

it is what it is as far as the tourney

Id be cool if they just tanked the tourney (depending on matchups) and finally got some rest for the actual tourney. At least thats how I woulda felt when our projected seed was top 2 

I’m worried about winning tomorrow. SEC Tourney not nearly as important if we win tomorrow. If we win regular season, we will have an accomplishment of a decade.

1 hour ago, wde21 said:

Game Day!!! Let’s do this! On the way to Auburn to cheer on the tigers!! War Eagle!

THIS^^^^^^^^^

It's GAME DAY! Let's go get it! Where are you GWILL? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

13 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I’m worried about winning tomorrow. SEC Tourney not nearly as important if we win tomorrow. If we win regular season, we will have an accomplishment of a decade.

Agree....way things are going any one of 4 or 5 teams could win the tournament....gotta get hot and have the right matchups.  JMO but short handed as AU is, I'm don't think we can handle three games in 3 days.(corrected) .....but no matter if we win the regular season flag.     NCAA tourney has a better schedule with rest between the games. 

Tennessee has best chance for the SEC tournament....enough depth and second best team in the league.   JMO

2 hours ago, wde21 said:

Game Day!!! Let’s do this! On the way to Auburn to cheer on the tigers!! War Eagle!

Got any extras? :D

i got two questions. 1 if florida loses to kentucky and we beat sc do we win the sec outright?

2 is there a serious chance we could lose bruce after this year?   thanx

14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i got two questions. 1 if florida loses to kentucky and we beat sc do we win the sec outright?

2 is there a serious chance we could lose bruce after this year?   thanx

UF doesn’t matter, UT does. AU is tied with them right now. AU just holds the tie breaker for the number 1 seed in the tournament. 

I do think there is a serious chance that Auburn fires Bruce or he leaves. 

i meant tennessee...........man i am getting senile..........and if they let bruce go without some really serious thing i will be upset. he wants to leave a legacy for auburn bb fans and i like that kind of talk.

also if we lose do we not get still get a share of the sec?

23 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i meant tennessee...........man i am getting senile..........and if they let bruce go without some really serious thing i will be upset. he wants to leave a legacy for auburn bb fans and i like that kind of talk.

also if we lose do we not get still get a share of the sec?

Only if UT loses. 

6 minutes ago, alexava said:

Go dogs! I’m a leg humper today. 

Never a good idea to count on UGA to help with anything. 

13 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Never a good idea to count on UGA to help with anything. 

Not counting on it. Just hoping in a desperate manner. 

2 hours ago, alexava said:

Not counting on it. Just hoping in a desperate manner. 

Same here.  

WDE!!

Hope Tennessee loses but so proud of our guys even if we tie. Would have been broken hearted if we had been pushed to second. War Eagle!!!

i am watching the tenn jawja game with the sound down and binge watching sons of anarchy  lol. not for the auburn sc game tho. for the next few days i'm going to be walking around saying "we bad we bad" like wilder and pryor in stir crazy. lol no offence but i bet mom is still raising hell in heaven.she was a huge fan..it could be tiddly winks and she is down with auburn.

WAR EAGLE BABY!

We are the champs. The on court victory over Rocky Top is the difference. WDE

Archived