If we share the title

tigerbrotha12

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Told y’all not to count on UGA. 

Nah...I had full confidence in the SEC refs to make it work out the way the PTBs wanted.  UGA was just a by-product of the process.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Nah...I had full confidence in the SEC refs to make it work out the way the PTBs wanted.  UGA was just a by-product of the process.

i know you are joking but damned if it didn't look like it with the way both games were officiated......i hate basketball officials anyway

20 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

i know you are joking but damned if it didn't look like it with the way both games were officiated......i hate basketball officials anyway

maybe half joking....refs are bad and don't always seem to be consistent...don't think they are crooked so just blame them for not being up to the pace of the game.

I dreaded the result of this question when it was first asked.  Now, it's a reality and I must say.  I DONT GIVE A DAMN.  WDE!  THIS TEAM HAS A CHAMPIONSHIP AND I'M SO ******* HAPPY.

45 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

i hate basketball officials anyway

You really didn't have to qualify it as basketball. Refs in general would have sufficed.

10 hours ago, jared52 said:

UF doesn’t matter, UT does. AU is tied with them right now. AU just holds the tie breaker for the number 1 seed in the tournament. 

I do think there is a serious chance that Auburn fires Bruce or he leaves.

What makes you think that? Is there some new evidence out there? Because if there isn't anything new on Auburn, then Pearl won't get fired. If his firing were to be due to something that's already known he'd have been gone weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

What makes you think that? Is there some new evidence out there? Because if there isn't anything new on Auburn, then Pearl won't get fired. If his firing were to be due to something that's already known he'd have been gone weeks ago.

I’m not saying it will happen, but it sounds like there are people in admin not happy with his hard line stance over the FBI issue.

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

I’m not saying it will happen, but it sounds like there are people in admin not happy with his hard line stance over the FBI issue.

The only one I've heard not happy is Leath. The money and the Public "face" love Bruce and are more than willing to fight to keep Bruce. TIFWIW

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The only one I've heard not happy is Leath. The money and the Public "face" love Bruce and are more than willing to fight to keep Bruce. TIFWIW

Thought Rich was upset as well.

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

the way Leath.. is acting, I think it' s a very distinct posibility.

14 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

Can't we just keep Pearl and find a new president instead? :dunno:

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

Not going to lie, but this is little unsettling for me. I know Leath intends to talk to Bruce after the season, and I hope that both sides can have a frank conversation. The fact that Bruce and his team had cooperated with NCAA regarding Wiley and Purifoy's suspension has me feeling good that he'll be staying here.

I think I can speak for the board that we're more than happy to go through some kind of punishment just to keep him here. He's somebody special. He's going to rewrite a lot of records for Auburn basketball, and he's such a great ambassador to Auburn. I really want to believe Leath will see what he's really worth to Auburn, not just a basketball coach but as an icon that genuinely loves Auburn and represents Auburn to the best of his ability.

2 hours ago, lutzcammed said:

People don't get fired because they did nothing wrong and to date, there is no indication that Pearl did anything wrong. Both Pearl's lawyer and the FBI told him to keep quiet until after the FBI was finished. That's what Pearl is doing. If Leath can't understand that, we need a new president at Auburn University.

30 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Not going to lie, but this is little unsettling for me. I know Leath intends to talk to Bruce after the season, and I hope that both sides can have a frank conversation. The fact that Bruce and his team had cooperated with NCAA regarding Wiley and Purifoy's suspension has me feeling good that he'll be staying here.

I think I can speak for the board that we're more than happy to go through some kind of punishment just to keep him here. He's somebody special. He's going to rewrite a lot of records for Auburn basketball, and he's such a great ambassador to Auburn. I really want to believe Leath will see what he's really worth to Auburn, not just a basketball coach but as an icon that genuinely loves Auburn and represents Auburn to the best of his ability.

Punishment for what? The FBI said Auburn University did nothing wrong. The NCAA has cleared Wiley to play next year. There was no recruiting violation and no competitive advantage gained by Person's folly. No, I would not be happy with one thin dime's worth of punishment when we, as a school, did nothing wrong and gained zero advantage from any unseemly actions by Person.

3 hours ago, lutzcammed said:

Will you please expound on this comment?  Just how is Leath acting that gives you pause?  Serious question.

I see Leath at basketball games smiling and having a good time.  I see Leath in the locker room smiling and having a good time.  That just does not fit the profile of someone who is going to fire Bruce. 

I think it is one thing to say one has a gut feeling that Leath is going to fire Bruce.  But to imply there are facts to support that position is a different matter. If one has facts, let’s see them. 

Just now, Mike4AU said:

Will you please expound on this comment?  Just how is Leath acting that gives you pause?  Serious question.

I see Leath at basketball games smiling and having a good time.  I see Leath in the locker room smiling and having a good time.  That just does not fit the profile of someone who is going to fire Bruce. 

I think it is one thing to say one has a gut feeling that Leath is going to fire Bruce.  But to imply there are facts to support that position is a different matter. If one has facts, let’s see them. 

Likely comments from the earlier USA Today article. I’m too lazy to find it though...

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

I would not call any of these articles  I pulled up as facts but I would definitely say they show a president who is not happy with his coach .   

The fact that our wonderful president would speak out publicly against their coach dumbfounds me.  that is something even if he is unhappy with them that you should keep internal. By him bringing it up in public just makes me feel like pearls on a fine line. I most certainly hope I'm wrong

Screenshot_20180304-163521.png

Screenshot_20180304-162035.png

Screenshot_20180304-161507.png

Coach Pearl is not going anywhere. He will be here for as long as he wants to be. I think we need to put all of the naysayers to rest and enjoy what we have. Leath would be an idiot to let Pearl go. Just the Doc's take on the situation. Relax and enjoy the day!

6 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Coach Pearl is not going anywhere. He will be here for as long as he wants to be. I think we need to put all of the naysayers to rest and enjoy what we have. Leath would be an idiot to let Pearl go. Just the Doc's take on the situation. Relax and enjoy the day!

Well I know some big Auburn money guys are trying to make sure of that.

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well I know some big Auburn money guys are trying to make sure of that.

Right you are Golf!  By the way, I am looking for a new golf cart. Do you think Club Cart is the best?

14 hours ago, lutzcammed said:

I would not call any of these articles  I pulled up as facts but I would definitely say they show a president who is not happy with his coach .   

The fact that our wonderful president would speak out publicly against their coach dumbfounds me.  that is something even if he is unhappy with them that you should keep internal. By him bringing it up in public just makes me feel like pearls on a fine line. I most certainly hope I'm wrong

Screenshot_20180304-163521.png

Screenshot_20180304-162035.png

Screenshot_20180304-161507.png

I can see everything on these articles but their date. I have read them before however, a month or more ago. That situation was/is not static. Things have been resolved or Pearl would have been fired back then.

EDIT: Readng from the last article, above: "a decision will will be made in the next week or two about his future with the school" Since any number of weeks have passed since that was written, it appears Pearl's position with Auburn is settled and secure.

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I can see everything on these articles but their date. I have read them before however, a month or more ago. That situation was/is not static. Things have been resolved or Pearl would have been fired back then.

I completely agree with this. I remember reading those articles months ago and Wiley’s situation has actually been resolved since then and Purifoy’s appeal process has begun since then. There is obviously some teamwork happening between the team and compliance. Leash tends to be very supportive on social media for Pearl and AU Basketball, maybe as a face-saving kind of thing. I don’t think a guy who didn’t care about what the fan base thought of a coach would be doing that if he was going to fire him. I don’t think we’re even remotely as close to losing Pearl as some people in our fanbase, and MOSTLY everyone outside of our fan base (I.e. “FBI” chants that go on that obviously have no credence anymore since Auburn is not currently being investigated by the FBI for anything) thinks we are. It’s amazing the preconceived notions people get in their heads and then make up about a program. 

13 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Right you are Golf!  By the way, I am looking for a new golf cart. Do you think Club Cart is the best?

depends on how much money you willing ti pay and what you want on your cart but as a general rule yes CC is a good overall cart

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

depends on how much money you willing ti pay and what you want on your cart but as a general rule yes CC is a good overall cart

I have found a 2014 Club cart with new Trojan batteries and souped up speed controller for $3400.00. It is in nice condition.

Archived