5 Star Ashton Hagans decommits from UGA

GwillMac6

AU was in his final group before he announced.

Two of his teammates on his AAU team (Josh Nickleberry & Jaylin Williams) are suppose to visit for the last home game. Maybe Ashton can join them.

Was upChuck Person the one recruiting him? Mark Fox's comments about being disgusted about the state of college basketball seemed funny to me as I was thinking theres no way UGA got Hagans cleanly. Out of all the programs in the improving SEC he went to UGA? One of the only schools in the conference actually regressing as a program? A 6'4 5 star PG?  

I'd love to have him at AU, this was one kid I really wanted at AU when it first came out we offered him.

Just now, Tiger said:

Was upChuck Person the one recruiting him? Mark Fox's comments about being disgusted about the state of college basketball seemed funny to me as I was thinking theres no way UGA got Hagans cleanly. Out of all the programs in the improving SEC he went to UGA? One of the only schools in the conference actually regressing as a program? A 6'4 5 star PG?  

I'd love to have him at AU, this was one kid I really wanted at AU when it first came out we offered him.

Person was the lead I believe, but Bruce was very active too.  others may be able to confirm

13 minutes ago, CAS15 said:

Two of his teammates on his AAU team (Josh Nickleberry & Jaylin Williams) are suppose to visit for the last home game. Maybe Ashton can join them.

I didn't realize Ashton was on the same team as these guys. Very interesting...

45 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I didn't realize Ashton was on the same team as these guys. Very interesting...

Also Teammates with 5* SF Christian Brown.

We need to continue to sign quality players and Ashton could go a long way to help that but where is all the height and length? I think the team plays tough this year but it would really help if we could get some tall, lengthy guys

Well we are adding a Horace/Anfernee type of big next year with Babatunde and he's 6'8 with a longer than average wingspan if I'm not mistaken

Plus we have a 6'11 guy with eligibility next year if he wants to come back 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I think Fox can be both paying for high quality recruits as well as disgusted with the state of college basketball. It's likely without the FBI, none of this would have come to light because the NCAA doesn't have the same discovery power as the FBI. Fox could very well be disgusted that he is having to "play the game" in order to be relevant and have a job in the SEC at all. I know I would be.

11 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I think Fox can be both paying for high quality recruits as well as disgusted with the state of college basketball. It's likely without the FBI, none of this would have come to light because the NCAA doesn't have the same discovery power as the FBI. Fox could very well be disgusted that he is having to "play the game" in order to be relevant and have a job in the SEC at all. I know I would be.

Good point but you're spitting in the face of my attempt to hate on UGA for a moment and I don't appreciate it ;D ;)

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

He's the #1 player in the 'state of Georgia', I'm not sure it's a leap to sign with the state school (although not a given). 

Given the current state of recruiting/investigation, I'm not sure we can/will chase after him again. Just not sure where we stand in regards to any recruit Person was involved with right now. He would definitely be someone I'd like us to land. We need a PG for that class since Harper and Mitchell will be a senior and junior when he's a freshman.

3 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

I just got an update from Bleacher Report saying he is reclassifying to 2018. Idk how to get the article on here. 

26 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

He's the #1 player in the 'state of Georgia', I'm not sure it's a leap to sign with the state school (although not a given). 

Lol just see my post above yours I was just trying to hate ;D.

But if he reclassifies that definitely takes us out of it...Is he a 1 and done talent? Not many kids 6'4 playing PG...

If he's looking to goto the NBA after next season I won't be upset if he goes elsewhere, I have learned to love doing it the way Bruce has done it. Get guys who will stay a few years but still get guys that are on the NBA guys' radar. He really had no choice though since he was still trying to build the foundation,  but I like how we've been BUILT into a winner

I did not even know he was NOT 2018! lol. I thought he was class of 2018 this whole time. WHOOOOOOOPS!

Just now, Tiger said:

Lol just see my post above yours I was just trying to hate ;D.

But if he reclassifies that definitely takes us out of it...Is he a 1 and done talent? Not many kids 6'4 playing PG...

If he's looking to goto the NBA after next season I won't be upset if he goes elsewhere, I have learned to love doing it the way Bruce has done it. Get guys who will stay a few years but still get guys that are on the NBA guys' radar. He really had no choice though since he was still trying to build the foundation.

MY GOD I wish Georgia football had a below average recruiter like Fox is. Fox is a actual good x's and o's and in game coach but a good recruiter? he is not. This would of been one of the very few times he got a elite talent like this. BUT ALAS he could not hang on to him. WOOOO!!! if he does not go to AU I hope he goes far away from the sec.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

MY GOD I wish Georgia football had a below average recruiter like Fox is. Fox is a actual good x's and o's and in game coach but a good recruiter? he is not. This would of been one of the very few times he got a elite talent like this. BUT ALAS he could not hang on to him. WOOOO!!! if he does not go to AU I hope he goes far away from the sec.

This was what got me started with the red flags with Hagans to UGA. Fox doesn't get talent like this. But I was just trying to talk a little bit of junk about UGA. 

At least when we started landing studs it's because we had a rockstar coach come in and inject life into the program. That's just what happens when you get a Bruce Pearl.

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

This was what got me started with the red flags with Hagans to UGA. Fox doesn't get talent like this. But I was just trying to talk a little bit of junk about UGA. 

At least when we started landing studs it's because we had a rockstar coach come in and inject life into the program. That's just what happens when you get a Bruce Pearl.

BY ALL MEANS TALK JUNK ABOUT THUGA ALL YOU WANT!!!! Especially for in basketball where we can laugh at them as we flex our muscles. ALSO SWEPT THEM TO BOOT THIS SEASON!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!!!! thuga football...... yah do not want to talk about that. Lets keep it on basketball! haha. You are right though! Fox always lands the "blue collar" guys and admittingly gets the most out of their talent each season which is not much. He reminds me of andy kennedy. Good coach. bad recruiter. 

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

So would we be able to still get him? 

I look at EJ Montgomery as a example of what to expect from Hagans recruitment going forward. I expect him to land at a blue blood school.

Archived