5 Star Ashton Hagans decommits from UGA

GwillMac6

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

BY ALL MEANS TALK JUNK ABOUT THUGA ALL YOU WANT!!!! Especially for in basketball where we can laugh at them as we flex our muscles. ALSO SWEPT THEM TO BOOT THIS SEASON!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!!!! thuga football...... yah do not want to talk about that. Lets keep it on basketball! haha. You are right though! Fox always lands the "blue collar" guys and admittingly gets the most out of their talent each season which is not much. He reminds me of andy kennedy. Good coach. bad recruiter. 

Nice comp with Kennedy. Both Kennedy and Fox were solid coaches in the old SEC. Now,  though? Need to do better to keep up with guys like Pearl, Howland, Barnes, etc... 

Actually I'm hoping like heck Mark Fox saves his job somehow and we continue to get more if the same from UGA bball #mikeshula

21 minutes ago

Replying to

Basketball world.....****breaking news**** is 2019!!!! Not sure where all the confusion came from. He did DECOMMIT from but that’s is all the news for the day!!! See y’all at his HS or AAU Games!

59 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

21 minutes ago

Replying to

Basketball world.....****breaking news**** is 2019!!!! Not sure where all the confusion came from. He did DECOMMIT from but that’s is all the news for the day!!! See y’all at his HS or AAU Games!

I appreciate this mans posting style!! It speaks to me and @fredst haha

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

Nice comp with Kennedy. Both Kennedy and Fox were solid coaches in the old SEC. Now,  though? Need to do better to keep up with guys like Pearl, Howland, Barnes, etc... 

Actually I'm hoping like heck Mark Fox saves his job somehow and we continue to get more if the same from UGA bball #mikeshula

amen!!!! As long as fox is at georgia they do not scare me.

On 2/26/2018 at 3:59 PM, Tiger said:

This was what got me started with the red flags with Hagans to UGA. Fox doesn't get talent like this. But I was just trying to talk a little bit of junk about UGA. 

At least when we started landing studs it's because we had a rockstar coach come in and inject life into the program. That's just what happens when you get a Bruce Pearl.

That's a great notion, but I promise you 5* studs playing in the AAU circuit haven't come free for years.  They've everyone had a price on their head for over a decade now - it's the dirtiest business in college sports.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

That's a great notion, but I promise you 5* studs playing in the AAU circuit haven't come free for years.  They've everyone had a price on their head for over a decade now - it's the dirtiest business in college sports.

Of course I'm not denying that. Just saying there's a little difference in Bruce Pearl getting a 5* and Mark Fox getting one. I'm sure Bruce operates in the gray area like the rest of the top coaches. But nobody blinks an eye when he pulls a top rated kid while Mark Fox pulling them is similar to Ole Miss/Hugh Freeze getting them. 

4 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Are you implying we paid for Okeke?

In Jelly Beans.  Only the cherry ones though so Okeke knew we meant business.

• 2 weeks later...

Are we still in the dog house with Hagans? I see he has reclassified to 2018. Does it help that Matta has taken his name out of the running at UGA?

Archived