2018 NFL Combine

RunInRed

DXFE45IVwAA5SXi.jpg

The annual event will take place March 2 -- March 5 in Indianapolis.

The group of Auburn players that was invited includes running backs Kerryon Johnson and Kamryn Pettway, offensive lineman Braden Smith, linebacker Jeff Holland, cornerback Carlton Davis, safety Stephen Roberts and kicker Daniel Carlson.

Four of the seven players -- Johnson, Pettway, Holland and Davis -- are juniors who declared early for the NFL draft last month.

Auburn's seven participants is the eighth-most in the country, and this will mark the third time in the past four years that the program will send at least seven players to the combine.

2018 NFL Combine workout schedule

March 2: Running backs, offensive linemen, kickers, special teams
March 3: Quarterbacks, receivers, tight ends
March 4: Defensive linemen, linebackers
March 5: Defensive backs

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020618aae.html

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Memory lane ...

I still maintain his game speed is even faster than the 4.59 :dunno:

RB Kerryon Johnson

Height: 5-11 4/8

Weight: 213

Hand: 9 6/8

Arm: 32 4/8

Wingspan: 77 5/8

G Braden Smith

Height: 6-6 2/8

Weight: 315

Hand: 9 3/8

Arm: 32 2/8

Wingspan: 78 1/8

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Kerryon has big hands. 

Bigger than Braden Smith according to these numbers and arms are bigger as well

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Kerryon has big hands. 

And wingspan.  Wingspan just half inch shorter than Braden Smith

7 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Bigger than Braden Smith according to these numbers and arms are bigger as well

Big hands long arms makes for a great stiff arm and he has a great one that a lot of defenders can attest to.

The sizes posted are they from the combine? I am assuming that they are. If so Braden Smith and KJ are fairly close to what was on Auburn roster which is a rarity these days.

12 minutes ago, metafour said:

35 reps on the Bench for Braden Smith.

Mannnn I was hoping he'd break 40 lol happy to see Pettway come in around 230. Still pulling for him despite the sloppy break-up.

35 minutes ago, metafour said:

Interesting... tied Lawson and mached the most from anyone last year. 

7 hours ago, metafour said:

While Smith didn't do the most bench-press reps among the offensive linemen this year (Texas El-Paso, Will Hernandez, Guard, 37 reps), he did do as many as any player with Alabama football roots has done in the past 19 combines, when complete records of combine performances exist.

Smith's 35 repetitions tied the showings of guard Evan Mathis (Homewood, Alabama) in 2005 and defensive end Carl Lawson(Auburn) in 2017 for the most among players from Alabama high schools and colleges.

www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/03/nfl_combine_which_player_did_t.html

9 hours ago, metafour said:

Pettway apparently weighed in at 233 pounds. Looks like he's been putting in work.

Pettway, who intends to do all the physical tests and drills at the Combine, admitted he had "second thoughts at one point" last season about his decision to return for his redshirt-junior season due to plantar fasciitis and the ankle and fractured shoulder blade injuries he incurred.

"The ankle happened running I think the Clemson game, I kind of rolled it. I fought through that," he said. "The shoulder, it happened in my second-to-last play in the Arkansas game. I kind if fell on it and a couple of guys fell on me. I didn't really feel it at the time because my adrenaline was pumping, but when I got to the sideline and settled down a little bit it started to kick in. ... The first couple of weeks (after) I couldn't even pick my arm up on my own."

The married father of a two-year-old said the injuries were a factor in his decision to leave for the NFL even after a shortened season and he's on track to graduate in the spring.

"I felt like I had a great year before and I could've come out last year, but I didn't. I decided to come back but injuries was the only thing that held me back from being successful this year," Pettway said. "I felt the time was right (to enter the draft) because I had a long, hard, adverse year. I graduate in the spring with one class (left). I have a family I have to support, so I felt like it was the right time to leave."

His 22 bench press reps tied for fifth among running backs at this year's Combine and is tied for 15th among running backs over the last three years.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/03/kamryn_pettway_addresses_quest.html#incart_river_index

‘Kerryon Johnson of Auburn says the best advice he got was “Use football. Don’t let football use you.” #NFLCombine’ [Heather E. Bremer, cited at https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/kerryon-johnson-nfl-combine-best-football-advice]

LB Jeff Holland

Height: 6-1 3/8

Weight: 249

Hand: 10 4/8

Arm: 33 4/8

Wingspan: 80

Great weigh-in for Holland.  Long arms, huge wingspan make up for his lack of height and his hands are huge.

49 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Uh I don't see KJ with these RB's did he back out?

He hasn't gone yet. 

You can track all results here

Saquon Barkley... goodness.

Archived