2018 NFL Combine

RunInRed

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I don't understand why it's good for a RB to not run a 40 at the combine. 

I wanted to see what KJ would put up. 

He is probably doing what Holland is doing.  He bulked up to do well in the strength portion and will now slim down for Auburn’s Pro Day to get a faster 40 time.  

43 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I don't understand why it's good for a RB to not run a 40 at the combine. 

I wanted to see what KJ would put up. 

If he isn’t healthy enough, no need to run a terrible 40 time. That is my thinking. 

20 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

He is probably doing what Holland is doing.  He bulked up to do well in the strength portion and will now slim down for Auburn’s Pro Day to get a faster 40 time.  

Not sure if that's it, since he only benched 225 11 reps. Hope he has a great pro day and gets a great draft slot. The funny thing about the combine, is a lot of guys they mention as record holders for certain events, have little to no success in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Not sure if that's it, since he only benched 225 11 reps. Hope he has a great pro day and gets a great draft slot. The funny thing about the combine, is a lot of guys they mention as record holders for certain events, have little to no success in the NFL. 

I think with him it is more confidence and comfort. If he isn’t healthy, he won’t be comfortable and/or confident which will definitely affect your 40 time. 

I imagine he will be ready during the auburn pro day. Also bulking up wouldn’t hurt you in the 40, as long as it is not water weight ( just unusual mass e.g. power lifters).  Shaquem griffen ran a dang 4.38 and he is a LB.  I think he just needs to get healthy, get with his speed coach, strategize for those 5-10 beginning yards ( the most important part of the 40) and have fun.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I think with him it is more confidence and comfort. If he isn’t healthy, he won’t be comfortable and/or confident which will definitely affect your 40 time. 

I imagine he will be ready during the auburn pro day. Also bulking up wouldn’t hurt you in the 40, as long as it is not water weight ( just unusual mass e.g. power lifters).  Shaquem griffen ran a dang 4.38 and he is a LB.  I think he just needs to get healthy, get with his speed coach, strategize for those 5-10 beginning yards ( the most important part of the 40) and have fun.

Agreed. Kerryon has a lot of skills but his vision, decision making, and patience are about as good as it gets.Whoever gets him is going to get one heck of a RB, and a high caliber leader. 

Meanwhile, Shaq Griffin of UCF ran a 4.38 forty.....might explain why some of our guys had a hard time keeping him out of our backfield. 

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Meanwhile, Shaq Griffin of UCF ran a 4.38 forty.....might explain why some of our guys had a hard time keeping him out of our backfield. 

I'm pulling hard for that guy. He's my hero

I"ve never felt Johnson was very fast. Shifty, vision, but not great speed. Not following Barkley in running a forty might have been a good idea. Or more likely, I'm blowing smoke out my butt.

12 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I"ve never felt Johnson was very fast. Shifty, vision, but not great speed. Not following Barkley in running a forty might have been a good idea. Or more likely, I'm blowing smoke out my butt.

KJ def did not have breakaway speed. BUT good thing is le'veon bell (who KJ has been most compared to) has shown you can still be a bell cow true number 1 RB in the NFL and have a lot of success without breakaway speed. 

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

#18?

6 minutes ago, alexava said:

#18?

yep....the guy who was missing one hand....shows as a defensive back but seemed to play LB or maybe corner in the bowl game as much as anything else....

Just now, AU64 said:

yep....the guy who was missing one hand....shows as a defensive back but seemed to play LB or maybe corner in the bowl game as much as anything else....

No, defensive end. And was a beast of one he went both around and through Golson and Tega at will. 

11 hours ago, alexava said:

No, defensive end. And was a beast of one he went both around and through Golson and Tega at will. 

Yep ...he did that....they have him listed as a LB but were exploiting a weakness in our offense...if KJ was not in the game or in the play we did not have anyone who could help pick him up off the edge.....and in the backfield. 

He also turned out some good numbers in the bench press ....fast and strong. 

Looks like a guy who can play the next level.....shows what can happen when a guy is underestimated. 

24 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yep ...he did that....they have him listed as a LB but were exploiting a weakness in our offense...if KJ was not in the game or in the play we did not have anyone who could help pick him up off the edge.....and in the backfield. 

He also turned out some good numbers in the bench press ....fast and strong. 

Looks like a guy who can play the next level.....shows what can happen when a guy is underestimated. 

How did he do the bench press?

Just now, NorthGATiger said:

How did he do the bench press?

think it was 20....

On 3/2/2018 at 2:50 PM, WFE12 said:

Pretty sure if I'm an NFL coach or owner, I want my RB to break the long run every time

This is why the "Draft Experts" title is so ridiculous...not one of those guys has actually ever been involved in an NFL draft except to talk about it until they say something stupid that Twitter goes nuts over or something off the wall that might one day come true.  If you say enough crazy stuff there's a chance you might hit every once in a while. 

Kerryon's style changed drastically this year with more of the zone blocking.  It's called seeing the running lane and most call it being "patient".  Mayock should ask Le'eveon Bell and Terrell Davis how that approach worked for them.

22 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

That is a very specific way of stating you want to draft a guy.

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

That is a ver specific way of stating you want to draft a guy.

Agreed, he is a phenomenal talent though.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

His play in the AU game is gonna make him richer for certain. 

He was respected for his play during the season but what he did in the bowl game against a top 10 team probably stepped him up a few notches (or rounds) 

48 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Freak. At or near the top of every metric for RBs this season. 2300+ AP yards last year. Scored touchdowns rushing, receiving, passing and returning kicks. Folks now saying Browns might draft him #1 overall. 

Archived