RunInRed

2018 NFL Combine

Recommended Posts

If the Browns are smart they take Barkley/Rosen at 1 and then Saquon at 4 and then build their offense around the two.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




25 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

If the Browns are smart they take Barkley/Rosen at 1 and then Saquon at 4 and then build their offense around the two.  

If they're smart? Bwahahahahahaha

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If they're smart? Bwahahahahahaha

Yeaaaaaaaaah I want them to be decent because I just feel bad for them. But their front office is trash

Edited by ClaytonAU
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Yeaaaaaaaaah I want them to be decent because I just feel bad for them. But their front office is trash

The Browns replaced almost everyone in the top levels of their front office and now have an All-Star cast of guys who were very highly regarded with their previous teams, especially with regards to scouting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, metafour said:

The Browns replaced almost everyone in the top levels of their front office and now have an All-Star cast of guys who were very highly regarded with their previous teams, especially with regards to scouting.

Their 2017 draft was pretty good. I think Njoku was a weird pick at 29 with TJ Watt and Reuben Foster still there but definitely solid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Prosthetically. 20 reps.

 

Thats awesome!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

Thats awesome!

Perfect word.

No offense intended (! to anyone!), but

on the one hand, that's awesome, and

on the other hand, that's awesome!

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

If the Browns are smart they take Barkley/Rosen at 1 and then Saquon at 4 and then build their offense around the two.  

Better take the kid from Wyoming at 1. He is the real deal with that arm. Shows out in the combine. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Better take the kid from Wyoming at 1. He is the real deal with that arm. Shows out in the combine. 

I’d be shocked if Josh Allen went 1. I think Rosen is probably the best arm talent in the draft. Kid reminds me of Manning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I’d be shocked if Josh Allen went 1. I think Rosen is probably the best arm talent in the draft. Kid reminds me of Manning.

Better in game talent for sure. Josh Allen went to work on him at the combine though haha. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DAG said:

Better in game talent for sure. Josh Allen went to work on him at the combine though haha. 

Rosen has had a better developmental route than Allen in college.....JA seems to be a late bloomer and not getting the same level of passing instruction.   JA has the arm...has he got the head for the NFL game?   JA seems like a project and not sure Browns can afford the time.

Edited by AU64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AU64 said:

Rosen has had a better developmental route than Allen in college.....JA seems to be a late bloomer and not getting the same level of passing instruction.   JA has the arm...has he got the head for the NFL game?   JA seems like a project and not sure Browns can afford the time.

From all reports it seems he was the alpha in the group in terms of leadership and production based on the combine. Rosen is probably more battle ready being from UCLA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2018 at 12:27 PM, DAG said:

Going to the Carolina panthers. 

Maybe not?

“…NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport reported on Tuesday that Gano and the Carolina Panthers have agreed to terms on a new deal…”

https://boltbeat.com/2018/03/06/graham-gano-wont-kicking-chargers/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2018 at 1:29 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

I don't understand why it's good for a RB to not run a 40 at the combine. 

I wanted to see what KJ would put up. 

My guess is he hadn’t been good in workouts going in.  If KJ had. put up a 4.57 or higher he would fall past round 5. Best to let folks assume you’re fast than show you’re not. The 11 reps didn’t help either but having long arms might negate that. Measurables are not his friend. Game tapes are. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2018 at 3:51 PM, WFE12 said:

 

He might be top 3-5. At least. His numbers weren’t great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, alexava said:

My guess is he hadn’t been good in workouts going in.  If KJ had. put up a 4.57 or higher he would fall past round 5. Best to let folks assume you’re fast than show you’re not. The 11 reps didn’t help either but having long arms might negate that. Measurables are not his friend. Game tapes are. 

It hasn't been that long since KJ was gimping around with a bung shoulder and left over hammy.   The longer he can wait to put either of them to the test is probably better for him.  Delay a bit and do some private workouts for teams that are interested in him if necessary.

JMO but I don't think he had much to gain from doing anything at the Combine...and maybe something to lose. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now