2018 NFL Combine

RunInRed

If the Browns are smart they take Barkley/Rosen at 1 and then Saquon at 4 and then build their offense around the two.  

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

If the Browns are smart they take Barkley/Rosen at 1 and then Saquon at 4 and then build their offense around the two.  

If they're smart? Bwahahahahahaha

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If they're smart? Bwahahahahahaha

Yeaaaaaaaaah I want them to be decent because I just feel bad for them. But their front office is trash

15 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Yeaaaaaaaaah I want them to be decent because I just feel bad for them. But their front office is trash

The Browns replaced almost everyone in the top levels of their front office and now have an All-Star cast of guys who were very highly regarded with their previous teams, especially with regards to scouting.

29 minutes ago, metafour said:

The Browns replaced almost everyone in the top levels of their front office and now have an All-Star cast of guys who were very highly regarded with their previous teams, especially with regards to scouting.

Their 2017 draft was pretty good. I think Njoku was a weird pick at 29 with TJ Watt and Reuben Foster still there but definitely solid. 

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Prosthetically. 20 reps.

Thats awesome!

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

Thats awesome!

Perfect word.

No offense intended (! to anyone!), but

on the one hand, that's awesome, and

on the other hand, that's awesome!

8 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Better take the kid from Wyoming at 1. He is the real deal with that arm. Shows out in the combine. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Better take the kid from Wyoming at 1. He is the real deal with that arm. Shows out in the combine. 

I’d be shocked if Josh Allen went 1. I think Rosen is probably the best arm talent in the draft. Kid reminds me of Manning.

29 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I’d be shocked if Josh Allen went 1. I think Rosen is probably the best arm talent in the draft. Kid reminds me of Manning.

Better in game talent for sure. Josh Allen went to work on him at the combine though haha. 

12 hours ago, DAG said:

Better in game talent for sure. Josh Allen went to work on him at the combine though haha. 

Rosen has had a better developmental route than Allen in college.....JA seems to be a late bloomer and not getting the same level of passing instruction.   JA has the arm...has he got the head for the NFL game?   JA seems like a project and not sure Browns can afford the time.

8 hours ago, AU64 said:

Rosen has had a better developmental route than Allen in college.....JA seems to be a late bloomer and not getting the same level of passing instruction.   JA has the arm...has he got the head for the NFL game?   JA seems like a project and not sure Browns can afford the time.

From all reports it seems he was the alpha in the group in terms of leadership and production based on the combine. Rosen is probably more battle ready being from UCLA.

On 3/3/2018 at 12:27 PM, DAG said:

Going to the Carolina panthers. 

Maybe not?

“…NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport reported on Tuesday that Gano and the Carolina Panthers have agreed to terms on a new deal…”

https://boltbeat.com/2018/03/06/graham-gano-wont-kicking-chargers/

On 3/4/2018 at 1:29 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

I don't understand why it's good for a RB to not run a 40 at the combine. 

I wanted to see what KJ would put up. 

My guess is he hadn’t been good in workouts going in.  If KJ had. put up a 4.57 or higher he would fall past round 5. Best to let folks assume you’re fast than show you’re not. The 11 reps didn’t help either but having long arms might negate that. Measurables are not his friend. Game tapes are. 

8 hours ago, alexava said:

My guess is he hadn’t been good in workouts going in.  If KJ had. put up a 4.57 or higher he would fall past round 5. Best to let folks assume you’re fast than show you’re not. The 11 reps didn’t help either but having long arms might negate that. Measurables are not his friend. Game tapes are. 

It hasn't been that long since KJ was gimping around with a bung shoulder and left over hammy.   The longer he can wait to put either of them to the test is probably better for him.  Delay a bit and do some private workouts for teams that are interested in him if necessary.

JMO but I don't think he had much to gain from doing anything at the Combine...and maybe something to lose. 

Archived