Another part falls off the "finely tuned machine".

homersapien

1 minute ago, AUatHeart said:

I'm guessing you were an Obama supporter though.

Obama wasn't an uninformed narcissist with borderline personality disorder.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

If I possess cash that has been filtered through the hands of drug dealers, does that mean I operate with drug money? 

It does if you knew it when you borrowed it from them.  

How about I take 10's of millions from Russian - or mafia - contacts when legitimate banks won't give me a loan.  Can I convincingly plead ignorance about knowing the source of the money?

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Would think a lot of government agencies could be slashed 31% 

“To me it’s not necessarily a sign of catastrophe,” said David M. Kreutzer, a senior researcher at the Heritage Foundation who advised Mr. Trump on the E.P.A. during the transition. He said the agency under President Obama was engaged in “phenomenal overreach” and that the Trump administration’s efforts were aimed at correcting that.

In proposing this year to slash the E.P.A.’s budget by 31 percent, Mick Mulvaney, director of the White House Office of Management and Budget, called the effort part of Mr. Trump’s plan to eliminate entrenched government workers.

“You can’t drain the swamp and leave all the people in it,” Mr. Mulvaney said. “So, I guess the first place that comes to mind will be the Environmental Protection Agency.”

2 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

Yep he carried Obama's "supporter":hellyeah:

2 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

A large cherry-picker has been ordered to try to extract Homer from Obama's butt. Maybe it will work.

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

There are two kinds of people regarding attidudes toward Trump.

1. Those that buy into what he's selling - for whatever reasons - and think he's actually doing a good job a president.  
  2. Those who see him as the narcissistic huckster he is - for whatever reasons - and think he's hopelessly unqualified in almost every way to hold this office.

Given that dichotomy, I am pretty sure you are fall in the first category and I fall the the second.  Who is being most "handicapped" by their perspective remains to be seen.  Time will tell.

Meanwhile, I am going to keep covering current events.  ;)

There's a third kind. Those of us that don't really like Trump The man but really, really like what he's doing as President. Funny you should mention the EPA. They had become the "Jack Booted Thugs" of modern day America. If there was any agency of the federal government that needed a dumping out at the top it was the EPA. I don't know if the flushing has been complete enough at this time or not but one damn fine start has been made.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Not at least you knew it when you borrowed it from them.  

How about I take 10's of millions from Russian - or mafia - contacts when legitimate banks won't give me a loan.  Can I convincingly plead ignorance about knowing the source of the money?

Is that what Trump did and was it illegal?

53 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Perhaps he just has other things to do Alex. You guys got to get off of the CNN stuff.

Ok

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/06/gary-cohn-wh-chief-economic-adviser-announces-resignation-hours-after-signaling-wont-back-tariffs.html

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

He's not firing people.  People are resigning.  And he's not keeping up with hiring replacements.

But the really scary thing is that he is now operating more and more out of his preferred environment, with people he is close to, people he knows and trusts, at least to the extent he trusts anyone.  He's out of his element.  

I predict he will become more erratic - or "unprectable" as he calls it - especially as the Mueller investigation progresses.    I just hope he doesn't start a diversionary war.

Mueller's investigation is losing everyone's attention span.......so are you regarding certain things. Go enjoy some life. Times are great.

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

So, from Fox. Check a few things out. May have beneficial for him to step down. The man can do damn well as he pleases. 

14 minutes ago, alexava said:

Wow surely hell is frozen. You using Fox for support? Nah just my imagination.:poke:

19 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

perhaps Cohn intended to work for one year........happens often I bet

https://extapps2.oge.gov/201/Presiden.nsf/All+Certificates+of+Divestiture

Or perhaps, as is often the case, the most obvious and logical answer is the correct one.  He resigned over the tariffs and I haven't seen a single major media outlet saying otherwise, including Fox.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Or perhaps, as is often the case, the most obvious and logical answer is the correct one.  He resigned over the tariffs and I haven't seen a single major media outlet saying otherwise, including Fox.

OK Brad, not arguing what is reported. Did I miss Mr. Cohn stating why he resigned? I simply pointed out an alternative reason. 

10 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

OK Brad, not arguing what is reported. Did I miss Mr. Cohn stating why he resigned? I simply pointed out an alternative reason. 

I guess the question is why do you feel the need to offer an alternative reason when consensus among reporters on the ground and sources in the White House is that he's leaving over the tariffs?  There's a decent chance Cohen won't publicly say the real reason he's leaving.

Put it like this: have you ever left a job and been less than 100% honest with your employer or others as to why?  I know I have.  Specifically left a job once because I was passed over for a promotion.  But if you ask the employer I left and my current one, they'll tell you I left to pursue a Master's Degree because that's what I told them.

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I guess the question is why do you feel the need to offer an alternative reason when consensus among reporters on the ground and sources in the White House is that he's leaving over the tariffs?  There's a decent chance Cohen won't publicly say the real reason he's leaving.

Put it like this: have you ever left a job and been less than 100% honest with your employer or others as to why?  I know I have.  Specifically left a job once because I was passed over for a promotion.  But if you ask the employer I left and my current one, they'll tell you I left to pursue a Master's Degree because that's what I told them.

First question answered is that I feel no need to to offer anything. Just threw it out to Alex. Cohn will will never say why he is leaving and that is his right and fine by me. 

Other than my first job out of college for 15 years have been been my own employer. Never lied about leaving. 

7 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

A large cherry-picker has been ordered to try to extract Homer from Obama's butt. Maybe it will work.

That's a good one!!!!  :cheer:

7 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Would think a lot of government agencies could be slashed 31% 

“To me it’s not necessarily a sign of catastrophe,” said David M. Kreutzer, a senior researcher at the Heritage Foundation who advised Mr. Trump on the E.P.A. during the transition. He said the agency under President Obama was engaged in “phenomenal overreach” and that the Trump administration’s efforts were aimed at correcting that.

In proposing this year to slash the E.P.A.’s budget by 31 percent, Mick Mulvaney, director of the White House Office of Management and Budget, called the effort part of Mr. Trump’s plan to eliminate entrenched government workers.

“You can’t drain the swamp and leave all the people in it,” Mr. Mulvaney said. “So, I guess the first place that comes to mind will be the Environmental Protection Agency.”

:ucrazy:

3 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Is that what Trump did and was it illegal?

I think so. 

This is the very issue I predicted to be the reason for Trumps impeachment - not collusion - as DKW insists I said.  And I also predicted the trade conflict (tariffs) dwith Republicans as the reason he loses their support. 

Can't wait until the mid-terms though. 

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Mueller's investigation is losing everyone's attention span.......so are you regarding certain things. Go enjoy some life. Times are great.

And I've been called delusional.   :-\

Archived