Another part falls off the "finely tuned machine".

homersapien

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/7/2018 at 8:16 AM, NolaAuTiger said:

Ok. So just another one of your conjectures about Trump and his presidency.

Got it.

If Texas was an indicator, you can wait.

8 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Sorry Brad....just picking at you. Think I will go catch the basketball game. Think we are playing now

I hope NK eventually has the same meltdown our BB team did today:dunno:

26 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I hope NK eventually has the same meltdown our BB team did today:dunno:

Horrible BB PT.  Bradley  hurt my feelings." We have got to come together heal ":sad2:

Have a great tomorrow.   

50 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Horrible BB PT.  Bradley  hurt my feelings." We have got to come together heal ":sad2:

Have a great tomorrow.   

Time to watch Tiger Woods tomorrow

10 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Within the next two months?  Who knows as Trump has shown a proclivity to change his mind quickly on things.  As for initiation of the meeting, that's been unclear from what I can tell.

Good, reasonable take and it makes perfect sense.

We will see. Was more just a comment in jest towards Ellie. Ha I’ve no clue of the ins and outs thus far re meeting. 

• 2 weeks later...

Goodness!  This thread needs some updating.  A few more parts have fallen of the "finely tuned machine".  Specifically:

Chief Economic Advisor Gary Cohn

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson 

Attorney John Dowd

National-Security Adviser H.R. McMaster

All in the last month.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Goodness!  This thread needs some updating.  A few more parts have fallen of the "finely tuned machine".  Specifically:

Chief Economic Advisor Gary Cohn

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson 

Attorney John Dowd

National-Security Adviser H.R. McMaster

All in the last month.

The only machine I’m worried about is your tractor. Did you pull it out of the mud?

7 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

The only machine I’m worried about is your tractor. Did you pull it out of the mud?

Yes, but it wasn't mud that was the problem, it was elevation. 

I made the rookie mistake of going down a forested slope way too steep and soft to back up, and the only way forward was a deep ravine.  In such a circumstance, the front wheels become overloaded due to weight transfer and  quickly just dig themselves in, followed by the rears doing the same thing.

Essentially, I had to excavate then "pave" underneath the front wheels and rear wheels with gravel, foot by foot.  Fortunately, the loader made it possible to lift the fronts off the ground so I could fill in the holes they just made. Also, I had taken the blade off which gave me easy access to the rear wheels. 

All the while, I'm working in the middle of slash and bucked / unbucked logs. (I actually high-sided the front differential on a felled, 19 inch dia. hickory to start things off.)  Ever had to buck such a trunk from underneath a tractor?  I have.   

Anyway, I finished today about 2:30, just as it started sleeting.

But thanks for you concern!   I could have used your help.  (And you might have even learned something.;D)  

Back to the topic: 

Trump's presidency may wind up being a positive for the country, just not in the way his supporters think.  Our government had become progressively dysfuntional prior to Trump and I think we need a bonafide disaster - like Trump - to make everyone come to grips with this progression. 

The only question left is how much of a disaster he will leave behind? 

It will take us decades to recover from his presidency, but it may be something we have to experience in order to invoke the real change that is needed.  If I'm wrong, the "Grand Old Party" will be known as the political party that destroyed America.

Bottom line, if I'm right, then the sooner Trump does his thing, the better.  The departure of all the "adults" in his cabinet will only ensure we experience the "full" Trump sooner.  So, hang on, the ride is about to get rougher.  A lot rougher. 

I predicted he wouldn't make it through a full term and I am more convinced of that than ever.

Welp, into town for supplies.

"..... That different way of thinking had been apparent from the start of Tillerson’s stint at State, visible not only in the secretary’s disagreement with Trump on how best to handle North Korea, but also in the pettier matters that have come to define this pitiful presidency. Tillerson, a former Eagle Scout, reportedly objected to Trump’s gross politicization of his visit to the Boy Scout Jamboree over the summer. And he found the president’s ability to command basic facts so unimpressive that he reportedly referred to Trump as a moron in front of other administration officials.

While the coming negotiations with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un provided a useful cover for Trump’s hasty actions, Tillerson’s exit really owed to his failure to fall in line with the president, something Trump assured reporters would not be a problem with his new appointee to State, Mike Pompeo. “We’re always on the same wavelength,” Trump said of Pompeo.

On Thursday, Trump continued his staffing shuffle, naming John Bolton as his new national security adviser in place of H.R. McMaster. Trump’s selection of Bolton, the warmongering U.S. ambassador to the United Nations under George W. Bush, is a chilling prospect for those who hoped Trump’s saber-rattling with North Korea might be tempered by cooler heads inside the White House. Bolton is an aggressive hawk who is certain to cheerlead Trump’s worst impulses.

All of these moves undercut Trump’s businessman boasts that he would bring only the “best people” to Washington, of course. But they also make plain that the real business of this administration is to serve Trump’s ego rather than the nation. In cutting out dissenters or even strong counterweights in his administration for the steady stream of sycophants and, let’s not forget, fawning family members he has gathered around him, Trump has ensured his White House will never be mistaken for Abraham Lincoln’s “team of rivals.” Instead, Trump is assembling a cabal of cronies.

While the coming negotiations with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un provided a useful cover for Trump’s hasty actions, Tillerson’s exit really owed to his failure to fall in line with the president, something Trump assured reporters would not be a problem with his new appointee to State, Mike Pompeo. “We’re always on the same wavelength,” Trump said of Pompeo.

Perhaps anticipating more criticism of the continually revolving door that is the White House these days, Trump defended his move. “I’m really at a point where we’re getting very close to having the Cabinet and other things I want,” Trump explained, as if the West Wing’s constant turnover was some refining process of personnel rather than a crisis of presidential leadership...."

Read the full piece at:  https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-young-trump-cabinet_us_5ab51bbbe4b0decad0497fca

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yes, but it wasn't mud that was the problem, it was elevation. 

I made the rookie mistake of going down a forested slope way too steep and soft to back up, and the only way forward was a deep ravine.  In such a circumstance, the front wheels become overloaded due to weight transfer and  quickly just dig themselves in, followed by the rears doing the same thing.

Essentially, I had to excavate then "pave" underneath the front wheels and rear wheels with gravel, foot by foot.  Fortunately, the loader made it possible to lift the fronts off the ground so I could fill in the holes they just made. Also, I had taken the blade off which gave me easy access to the rear wheels. 

All the while, I'm working in the middle of slash and bucked / unbucked logs. (I actually high-sided the front differential on a felled, 19 inch dia. hickory to start things off.)  Ever had to buck such a trunk from underneath a tractor?  I have.   

Anyway, I finished today about 2:30, just as it started sleeting.

But thanks for you concern!   I could have used your help.  (And you might have even learned something.;D)  

Assume the wife and dogs still pissed at you Brother Homer? Glad you do not have a work mule....it would kick you.

You are an ok guy.....like your story.

What a train wreck:

....The short-lived prospect of adding the husband-and-wife legal team caused waves from the start. DiGenova’s hire was announced Monday, and the pair visited the White House with Sekulow on Thursday night to meet with the president. It caught Trump’s existing legal team by surprise. Dowd resigned over the move, even though the couple hadn’t yet completed an ethics review needed to officially make them part of the team.

A senior administration official said Trump’s lawyers pleaded with the president against hiring diGenova and Toensing, citing conflicts of interest and their ages (he’s 73, she’s 76) and saying that their penchant for extolling unfounded theories could put them at odds with Mueller’s investigators.

In January, diGenova told Fox News regarding the Russia investigation that Trump had been framed by the Justice Department and FBI “with a falsely created crime.” Toensing has been among the leading voices calling for a second special counsel to investigate whether there was any wrongdoing by the Clinton Foundation surrounding a U.S. government panel’s approval of the 2013 sale of a large uranium firm to Russian interests....

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/25/trump-legal-team-russia-484544

Trump reacted to diGenova's wild comments on Fox calling the Mueller investigation a conspiracy and hired him against reasoned advice and without waiting on background checks.

Many lawyers and top law firms want to represent me in the Russia case...don’t believe the Fake News narrative that it is hard to find a lawyer who wants to take this on. Fame & fortune will NEVER be turned down by a lawyer, though some are conflicted. Problem is that a new......

....lawyer or law firm will take months to get up to speed (if for no other reason than they can bill more), which is unfair to our great country - and I am very happy with my existing team. Besides, there was NO COLLUSION with Russia, except by Crooked Hillary and the Dems!

:laugh:

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 11:18 AM, Brad_ATX said:

From everything I've seen, there have be no concessions made by North Korea, which has been what Trump himself said would need to happen before talks.  That's actually been standard procedure for the U.S. with regards to North Korea for years, yet it appears a 180 has been done without counseling from advisors (reports say the announcement caught many in the White House off guard).

However, During the 2008 campaign, Obama said he would be willing to meet with leaders from Cuba, Iran, and North Korea without concessions or pre-conditions.  Conservatives and even some Dems crushed him for it.  My basic question then becomes: what changed to where it's ok now?

Yo Brad, now Trump "warns" if he doesn't believe meeting with Kim Jong Un will be productive, "we won't have it." 

How convenient. Watch, I bet this is actually a guarantee that it won't happen. I suppose it's a relieving statement for you (and I don't mean that in a confrontational way). But wouldn't you also understand my "eye roll" about this statement? It's just kind of frustrating that Trump stirs the pot on certain things occasionally, only to back off when the rubber meets the road. Granted, I think we can both agree that his tactic sometimes works in his favor, while also conceding that it's kind of annoying to those who voted for him (myself). Again, I try to stick with my base, but I've learned that he sometimes makes loyalty a difficult task because of his unpredictability. Again, unpredictability has its benefits, but at times it just makes me shake my head. 

Am I way off on my take?

Didn't he also revisit the TPP thing as well?

4 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Yo Brad, now Trump "warns" if he doesn't believe meeting with Kim Jong Un will be productive, "we won't have it." 

How convenient. Watch, I bet this is actually a guarantee that it won't happen. I suppose it's a relieving statement for you (and I don't mean that in a confrontational way). But wouldn't you also understand my "eye roll" about this statement? It's just kind of frustrating that Trump stirs the pot on certain things occasionally, only to back off when the rubber meets the road. Granted, I think we can both agree that his tactic sometimes works in his favor, while also conceding that it's kind of annoying to those who voted for him (myself). Again, I try to stick with my base, but I've learned that he sometimes makes loyalty a difficult task because of his unpredictability. Again, unpredictability has its benefits, but at times it just makes me shake my head. 

Am I way off on my take?

Didn't he also revisit the TPP thing as well?

Nope, your take is 100% spot on.  He says or does these outlandish things that do little to nothing to further our national interest, only to pull back later.  In the case of the DPRK, I'm glad he's pulling back.  But, he potentially loses credibility with other world leaders over the long haul and with those in our own country.  I'm sure the TPP reversal pisses some folks off who were behind it.

Abe of Japan basically said this week that you have to take everything Trump says with a grain of salt.  That's not healthy.

Archived