Women's SEC Basketball tournament

AU64

I love the defense the team plays. Forces a lot of turnovers. However all the forced turnovers does not seem to equal a lot of points and wins. Horrible to end the season on such a lucky shot. 

4 minutes ago, FUZZYAUFAN said:

I love the defense the team plays. Forces a lot of turnovers. However all the forced turnovers does not seem to equal a lot of points and wins. Horrible to end the season on such a lucky shot. 

Yep...they also commit a lot of fouls in the process and UT was at the line all night....think AU had 2 foul shots. guessing that we had several more FGs tonight but hard way lose a game on a 25-30 foot bank shot. 

23 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

well crap

That sums it up pretty well.....thanks..

Didn't follow the team as much this year but I did watch tonight and was proud of the effort. Coach Flo seems like a great person whose put together a nice staff, but her biggest downfall seems to be her lack of ability to recruit dynamic players. Most of the girls that I've watched seem to play very hard and can force turnovers and have tremendous athleticism, but as others have mentioned don't shoot well and run an absolutely pitiful half court offense. Part of me wants to give her another year or two to maybe get more players to fill these scoring gaps but at the end of the day she's had 6 years, 2 of which were decent with short NCAAT appearances. 

2 hours ago, Weagle98 said:

Why does AU seem clueless about the shot clock?

Tonight was actually a pretty good game in that respect. Only six or seven shot clock violations. Over the years Coach Flo's teams have seemed to average about nine per game. I knew exactly how many at one time, but when the problem persisted year after year, I decided it wasn't going to get fixed so I'll just sit back and wait for the next coach to address the problem.

It's TIME FOR A CHANGE!

Seems like Flo's plan is to shorten the game and play the clock down each possession but opponents know that and step up their defensive effort at the end of the possession and force the ball deep for which we don't have a shooter to respond.  Too predictable.

Time for a change....

Yes, Flo has underachieved at Auburn. Zero winning SEC records in six years.

Archived