2018 Spring Practice - Day 1

RunInRed

The "no excuses" began on the first day of Spring practice, is it really necessary?

With the exception of the bowl game (which many here said didn't matter anyway, & BTW I disagree) I don't consider last year a bad year, or needing an excuse.  If playing in the SECCG becomes an regular event I'd say that's a step in the right direction.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, GoAU said:

The "no excuses" began on the first day of Spring practice, is it really necessary?

With the exception of the bowl game (which many here said didn't matter anyway, & BTW I disagree) I don't consider last year a bad year, or needing an excuse.  If playing in the SECCG becomes an regular event I'd say that's a step in the right direction.

Last year wasn’t a bad year. The problem is we need to string consecutive “not bad years.” Going backwards is not an option. 9 regular season wins this year would be preferable.

On 3/2/2018 at 8:25 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Was told K. Kim got a lot of reps with the 1's at C yesterday? Would be HUGE and I mean HUGE if he could win that spot. 

Do you mean that in a bad way? I remember you saying he was not SEC ready. Maybe it would free up an OT spot. Staff better bust their butts in OL recruiting this year.

Edit- According to the official roster he was 186 lbs last season around which I expected.

On 3/2/2018 at 9:58 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Thomas at the 1's with the safety's has me very concerned. But yeah the team looks loaded. No excuses for Gus this year. 

Jokes on you WDE, Gus always has his no fail, "We just didn't execute" excuse ready to go.

On 3/3/2018 at 8:57 AM, GoAU said:

There were no excuses last year, but people made some. (Clemson was big and bad and mean! We needed the 2nd half of the LSU game to teach our 5th-year head coach that you can't let your foot off the gas on the road in a division rivalry game! It's not our head coach's fault that we had no healthy, reliable running backs in the SECCG!)

If we falter this year, people will make excuses again. But if pointing out that we're in great shape now heads *any* of that off at the pass, then it was worth typing those 9 characters. 

30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

There were no excuses last year, but people made some. (Clemson was big and bad and mean! We needed the 2nd half of the LSU game to teach our 5th-year head coach that you can't let your foot off the gas on the road in a division rivalry game! It's not our head coach's fault that we had no healthy, reliable running backs in the SECCG!)

If we falter this year, people will make excuses again. But if pointing out that we're in great shape now heads *any* of that off at the pass, then it was worth typing those 9 characters. 

Excuse for last year...there are no other good coach candidates.  Excuse for this year...he's too expensive to fire.

On 3/3/2018 at 3:27 PM, AUwent said:

Do you mean that in a bad way? I remember you saying he was not SEC ready. Maybe it would free up an OT spot. Staff better bust their butts in OL recruiting this year.

No. Would be huge if Kim could step up and start at C. 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

No. Would be huge if Kim could step up and start at C. 

Agree. Think Grimes is gonna make these guys a lot of money. 

20 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Agree. Think Grimes is gonna make these guys a lot of money. 

Tega, Harrell, Kim, Horton, Ashley so far. But I'm told Brahms will be the most likely starter at C. Kim just isn't mean and physical enough. But AU was going to "work on him". So I guess Grimes is going to get after Kim and toughen him up. 

Brahms doesn't have the not mean and physical problem. Will be nice to have some depth at C. 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Tega, Harrell, Kim, Horton, Ashley so far. But I'm told Brahms will be the most likely starter at C. Kim just isn't mean and physical enough. But AU was going to "work on him". So I guess Grimes is going to get after Kim and toughen him up. 

Brahms doesn't have the not mean and physical problem. Will be nice to have some depth at C. 

Disappointing that Kim hasn't found that mean streak.  He has had a couple years in big boy ball.  But yes it will be very good to have actual depth across the line.  Well except OT.

Archived