softball question

I was in Nashville yesterday driving through Vandy and would have sworn I passed the whole Auburn softball team pulling their bat bags away from the softball stadium and yet I don't think we play anywhere near Vandy this week. Am I losing my mind?

1 minute ago, lutzcammed said:

I was in Nashville yesterday driving through Vandy and would have sworn I passed the whole Auburn softball team pulling their bat bags away from the softball stadium and yet I don't think we play anywhere near Vandy this week. Am I losing my mind?

Yes :) Vandy doesn't have a softball team.

36 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Are you sure it wasn't a high school?  Vandy doesn't have a softball team or a softball field.

They were not leaving the softball fails I didn't think there was one they were crossing the corner intersection right next to the baseball field and they looked old to be in high school.  I don't know I promise I haven't been drinking

37 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

Anyone know why Vandy doesn't have a softball program?

They don't need one to balance with Title1X. They have a scholarshipped women's bowling team, which, by the way, won a national championship a few years back. They also field a women's lacrosse team, which, I believe, competes in the Big East Conference.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

They don't need one to balance with Title1X. They have a scholarshipped women's bowling team, which, by the way, won a national championship a few years back. They also field a women's lacrosse team, which, I believe, competes in the Big East Conference.

Those programs much less expensive than softball...and they have the fewest sports in the conference....no swimming (m), no track and field, no gymnastics and no volleyball...got 'em balanced out OK and have few of the sports that can't carry their own weight. 

Maybe they don't have any available space for a softball field, either, jammed into Nashville like that.  I wish they did have a team; would be the nearest venue for me to see Auburn play.

BTW, #1 Washington run-ruled uat today in Seattle, 8-0.  Osorio started, pitched 3 innings, gave up 8 hits and 7 runs.  Madison Preston gave up a homer to Sis Bates in bot 5 to end the game.

Udub sounds like the. real thing

Do you sense that AU's recent success has caused bama to regress a bit.   Pre-season the tide is ranked in the middle of the pack and ranked about the same at AU at the moment.

I remember Clint saying he wanted to make Murphy's life miserable or something to that effect and at the least, he evened the playing field.....something I will always appreciate him for. .

I think there is something to this. We currently have three players on the roster from the Tuscaloosa area (Fornis, Crocker, Morrow).  Not sure if Murphy recruited or wanted to get any of them.  Morrow was slated to go to Miss. State, I think.  Then there's Schiele, whose parents told her she could go to Auburn if they beat alabama.  Swindle and Perry played HS ball about 40 miles from Tuscaloosa.  I don't know the back stories on other girls from Alabama, like Tissier and Olszweski.  Best of all,I think we have better pitching than uat now; and they are not a very good hitting team this year.  But the SEC schedule will be the arbiter.

On 3/2/2018 at 10:50 PM, OlderWhiskey said:

Maybe they don't have any available space for a softball field, either, jammed into Nashville like that.  I wish they did have a team; would be the nearest venue for me to see Auburn play.

BTW, #1 Washington run-ruled uat today in Seattle, 8-0.  Osorio started, pitched 3 innings, gave up 8 hits and 7 runs.  Madison Preston gave up a homer to Sis Bates in bot 5 to end the game.

You know, I've looked all over al.com and didn't see anything about the UW - Bammer game.  Ain't it funny how that happens? :-\

Archived