Question re: Whitlow

I am very intrigued by Mr. Whitlow, but also understand the need to "wait and see".

My question is in two parts:  What are his measurable?  What can anyone tell me of his high School exploits?  I know he was a QB, but I honestly know little of him.

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

I am very intrigued by Mr. Whitlow, but also understand the need to "wait and see".

My question is in two parts:  What are his measurable?  What can anyone tell me of his high School exploits?  I know he was a QB, but I honestly know little of him.

Thanks!

There should be a thread on him in the recruiting forum with extensive information. Short version, all-everything QB at Lafayette high school. 6'1", 215, thereabouts. We'll see if he can move from the "Phan Phantasy" category (See Ladarious Phillips, RIP) into the real deal. This Spring should tell us.

Thx for link. I don’t think I watched it before now. I watched about half of it. The only thing I didn’t see is a situation when it’s 3rd and 2 and you gotta juke, squirm and plow your way to the bright yellow line. That’s nice size and speed. Can he still do it to sec defenses. I hope. I am curious as to why his rankings and list of offers were not impressive. 

5 hours ago, alexava said:

Thx for link. I don’t think I watched it before now. I watched about half of it. The only thing I didn’t see is a situation when it’s 3rd and 2 and you gotta juke, squirm and plow your way to the bright yellow line. That’s nice size and speed. Can he still do it to sec defenses. I hope. I am curious as to why his rankings and list of offers were not impressive. 

Small school.  Limited at QB play and didn't camp.  Very underrated guy.  If he would have been at Hoover you're looking at a mid 4 star guy.  But to sum all that up into one statement and that would be... He's a play maker.  

13 hours ago, corchjay said:

Small school.  Limited at QB play and didn't camp.  Very underrated guy.  If he would have been at Hoover you're looking at a mid 4 star guy.  But to sum all that up into one statement and that would be... He's a play maker.  

I hear these guys get over looked quite often....this is where good recruiters earn their salaries...ferreting out kids like him who are flying below the radar with rating services .....and don't get turned aside just because the kid does not have bunch of stars if he thinks the guy can play. 

PS....should have said "talent evaluators"  who don't just depend on recruiting services to tell them who can play....or can fill a need.

Archived