Fair Catch Kickoff rule proposal

WFE12

45 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Have already?  Again, with most rules they follow what the higher levels do.  It was in college rule book for several years before it got to the federation level.   The last part of your statement isn't true.  The targeting rule is in the high school game (as of a few years ago), but its never been an ejection at the federation level.  

Maybe it's lack of emphasis but I see a lot of HS football locally and have never seen a kid kicked out of a game for any reason other than throwing a punch.  But the speed of the game is slower and I don't recall many of what appear to be deliberate head shots.    Seems that tossing a kid over what the ref saw is a very serious decision when there is not an opportunity to at least take a second look at the play.   

Now that Alabama is looking at instant replay, that might give them a chance to looks at some of the hits too. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/15/2018 at 12:41 PM, doug3020 said:

Put the leather helmets back on. Players wouldn’t lead with their heads anymore. 

Didn't stop me

6 hours ago, Tiger said:

There we go! That was the "loophole" I was trying to find but somehow couldn't put my finger on it. 

Still feeling the after effects of a birthday weekend I may need another 24 hours to regain what little mental sharpness I have left ;D

Wussie put your big pants on:poke:

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Maybe it's lack of emphasis but I see a lot of HS football locally and have never seen a kid kicked out of a game for any reason other than throwing a punch

I almost got kicked out actually and two others did one game. I dropped an elbow square into the back of an OL that chopped blocked me.The team was smaller than mine ( which says a lot) and we were instructed to drop the bows on them as their film showed they gave no f*** about their opponent’s knees. 

3 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Have already?  Again, with most rules they follow what the higher levels do.  It was in college rule book for several years before it got to the federation level.   The last part of your statement isn't true.  The targeting rule is in the high school game (as of a few years ago), but its never been an ejection at the federation level.  

Stand corrected. I misread. Thanks for my whoopin'....

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Wussie put your big pants on:poke:

Actual footage of my group the day after when trying to put big boy pants on

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, toddc said:

The only sure-fire cure for a hangover is not drinking the night before!lol

Very true!

I can still remember the sage advice my grandmother gave my sister in her teenage years,  "The best form of birth control is to hold an aspirin between your thighs through the entire date.....It's proven to be 100% effective."

only if it does not remove the onside kick and it still allows the team to return the ball if they want to. Also, make the receiving team start at the 17.5 yard line except for Auburn and we start at the 40 yard line! Tongue in cheek sort of folks! What are the odds of this happening?  Puts me in the mind of the halo rule on punt returns. That rule was much more logical than this one.

Fair catch on the kick-off, start at the 20.

Touchback on the kick-off, continue to put the ball on the 25... Problem solved.

Archived