Baseball vs BYU Game 2

Auburn offense brought the smokin' hot bats to the ball park today.  Five (that's 5) doubles so far in the bottom of the first.  Still hitting (not batting!) and now leading 7-3.

• WarTiger changed the title to Baseball vs BYU Game 2

Auburn got the benefit of several walks in the 2nd and a few base hits as well.  Venter is 3-3 on the day.  After 2 complete, Auburn leads byu 13-3 after getting 6 more in the 2nd.

For the second weekend in a row we will find out what kind of bullpen depth the opponent has.  BYU on their seventh pitcher for the weekend (over 13 innings so far).

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Auburn offense scoring runs in bunches (again)...add three more in the bottom of the 5th and now lead 16-3 going to the sixth.

Looking at an old fashioned day-night double header it seems...

BYU goes to the pen again.  Pitcher number five in inning number six.  They did get a run in the top half...their RF is a one man offense has a home run and two doubles to account for all four RBI.  16-4 in the bottom of the sixth.

Will Holland making a bid for an SEC gold glove.  That kid is so freaking good with the leather.  I guess I should have known when he forced Jarvis (who is also really sound defensively) to second.  Also took some physical stress off of Luke's back...literally.

BYU brings pitcher number six to the mound in inning number seven.  I assume they will bring one of these guys back during game two this afternoon which I believe is the worst thing you can do to a pitcher.  Get into a game with stress, then sit for an hour or two, then go back into a game later.  That will do serious damage to an arm.  

3 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Will Holland making a bid for an SEC gold glove.  That kid is so freaking good with the leather.  I guess I should have known when he forced Jarvis (who is also really sound defensively) to second.  Also took some physical stress off of Luke's back...literally.

Too many Es out there in the past year....both players benefited from the move... 

Jack Owen looked strong in relief of Davis Daniel, going three scoreless innings and only gave up a couple of hits.  Surprisingly the game played in just under three hours.  Auburn wins it in blow out fashion 21-4 to go to 11-0.  Going for the sweep in forty five minutes.

37 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Five consecutive pinch hitters with base hits.  Hitting is contagious and the Auburn offense is sick.

Please let this outstanding offense continue when AU faces SEC pitchers!

17 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

AU is in good shape right now. 

The only issues right now are the concern about Davis Daniel giving up a couple of big innings early in his last two starts and a couple of guys who've had slow start with the bat (Ingram and Estes).  We could not have expected to get more out of the new guys, especially the freshman.  Really building some depth of talent and guys are forcing the issue for playing time at the plate.  You could not be more correct.

16 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

The only issues right now are the concern about Davis Daniel giving up a couple of big innings early in his last two starts and a couple of guys who've had slow start with the bat (Ingram and Estes).  We could not have expected to get more out of the new guys, especially the freshman.  Really building some depth of talent and guys are forcing the issue for playing time at the plate.  You could not be more correct.

I wonder what's up with DD?  Nerves? I hope he gets it fixed....

22 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I wonder what's up with DD?  Nerves? I hope he gets it fixed....

Unless there’s something injured, I’m betting Thompson and Smith will get him right. He’s in very good hands where he is...as you know. 

Archived