SEC Tournament

AUDub

The 13/14 seed is still up in the air, but everyone else is set. Weird feeling, not playing until Friday. Been so used to tipping off at midweek. 

secm.xml&image=bracket.png

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know how tickets for this work?  I have a midterm Friday, so wouldn't be able to get there before Saturday's game.  I know they sell "full session" tickets for all week, but is there a way I could just purchase Saturday's (I'd be willing to bite the bullet and buy Monday and just have it be a lottery ticket on Friday's result) session?  On stub hub, i see they have a "Session 6" ticket for sale on Saturday, but I have no clue what game that is for Saturday.  Anyone more experienced than me at this that can direct me in the right direction?  Please and thank you

Session 6 with be the winner's of the Auburn/Kent bracket I think

Here's the bracket. Done deal now. 

rAlKiHf.jpg

55 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

@SCTiger2011 Tickets for Saturday would be for both games that day.  They won't clear out the stadium between games that day.

Thanks, you're awesome!  WDE!

Battle of attrition...not sure who has the depth to play through this bracket...obviously the teams that start on Friday have the best chance but even getting the double bye, there will still be 3 games in 3 days....and some big teams are in our way. ..

BUT...we have almost a week to get ready and let some bruises heal....and we've played them all and know what to expect. 

Rocky Top will have the easier first game drawing Miss St or Lsu. But we will have the easier second game IF we can get by TAMU or bama to get there and get kentucky or mizzou in that semi final matchup instead of arky or florida. 

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Rocky Top will have the easier first game drawing Miss St or Lsu. But we will have the easier second game IF we can get by TAMU or bama to get there and get kentucky or mizzou in that semi final matchup instead of arky or florida. 

Agree.....though most of the league is inconsistent.....good games and stinkers....so depends on "who" shows up at any given game. . 

41 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Agree.....though most of the league is inconsistent.....good games and stinkers....so depends on "who" shows up at any given game. . 

If the Bryce we saw yesterday shows up in the tourney, I like our chances.  His transition threes sparks the others. 

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

If AU loses in the tournament, I want it to be because the other team played out of their minds. 

As we discussed a couple days ago......a good performance in the SEC tournament would be nice but I prefer to have everyone rested and healthy for the Big Dance.

There were three teams that I really wanted to avoid in the SEC tourney:  A&M, Arkansas, and Tennessee. If Bama wins, it's possible that we won't see any of them until the title game at the earliest. That's as good as we could hope.

Kentucky is big, but they haven't shown the offensive chops to keep pace with us. Florida has been a tough opponent for us, but honestly, we played like crap. They aren't a terrible matchup. The teams that worry me are the teams with a lot of size combined with high-ceiling guard play. For teams like UK or UGA, they haven't shown the guard play to consistently get into their offense early in the clock or make outside shots.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:53 PM, AU64 said:

As we discussed a couple days ago......a good performance in the SEC tournament would be nice but I prefer to have everyone rested and healthy for the Big Dance.

I mostly agree; however, our performance in the SEC tournament could affect (positively or negatively) our seeding in the NCAA tournament.  So, I'd like us to have a decent showing and at least win our first game against Alabama/Texas A&M). 

13 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

I mostly agree; however, our performance in the SEC tournament could affect (positively or negatively) our seeding in the NCAA tournament.  So, I'd like us to have a decent showing and at least win our first game against Alabama/Texas A&M). 

If we get a shot at then again, we CAN'T lose to Bama. That would ruin my season.

Man playing texas am or bama as our first game is a tough draw. 2 teams that way under achieved this year with the talent they have. I'd feel much better about a bama matchup as opposed to going up again a&m. But i can't in good conscience pull for bama so not sure what to do with that. I guess i'll pull for bama with the expectation that we'll beat them in our game and keep them out of the tourney.....

I’m thinking Bama will be the easier matchup for us but then again, it’s not like our size will be a huge problem against tamu if we are playing 8. Size was an issue against them when we played them at home, but remember, McLemore had one of his worst games against tamu and the TAMU guards put on one of their best performances of the year. I’d feel more comfortable playing Bama, but certainly think we will be able to play with anyone in the bracket.

On 3/4/2018 at 1:54 PM, mcgufcm said:

There were three teams that I really wanted to avoid in the SEC tourney:  A&M, Arkansas, and Tennessee. If Bama wins, it's possible that we won't see any of them until the title game at the earliest. That's as good as we could hope.

Kentucky is big, but they haven't shown the offensive chops to keep pace with us. Florida has been a tough opponent for us, but honestly, we played like crap. They aren't a terrible matchup. The teams that worry me are the teams with a lot of size combined with high-ceiling guard play. For teams like UK or UGA, they haven't shown the guard play to consistently get into their offense early in the clock or make outside shots.

If we do face Kentucky in the semi-finals then I'm definitely more worried about them. In our first match-up against Kentucky we were at full strength and it was McLemore's last full game he played before his injury against South Carolina. In fact, McLemore was a big contributor against Kentucky. He had a double-double, 13 points and 11 rebounds and also 3 blocks. 

I'm definitely worried that with one less big body to go up against Kentucky and play pressing defense, which is what we did in the first game, that Kentucky would be able to adjust and work our bigs more than they did the first time. Getting Okeke and Spencer in foul trouble would definitely hurt us more this time than in the first match-up. Without McLemore available, teams have been able to attack us more inside which has put more stress on our defense. It's been noticeable and has been a big reason for our late season drop off.

1st Rd Ga beats Ole Miss 1st Rd SC beats Vandy 2nd Rd A&M beats bama 2nd Rd Missou beats Ga 2nd Rd LSU beats Miss St. 2nd Rd Ark beats SC 3rd Rd Auburn beats A&M but if we lose I am fine with it as we get more rest 3rd Rd Missou beats KY 3rd Rd LSU beats Tenn (hunch not based on facts) 3rd Rd Ark beats Fl 4th Rd Missou beats Auburn or A&M (Missou is peaking now) 4th Rd LSU beats Ark Championship Missou beats LSU Lets see other peoples projections

26 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

1st Rd Ga beats Ole Miss 1st Rd SC beats Vandy 2nd Rd A&M beats bama 2nd Rd Missou beats Ga 2nd Rd LSU beats Miss St. 2nd Rd Ark beats SC 3rd Rd Auburn beats A&M but if we lose I am fine with it as we get more rest 3rd Rd Missou beats KY 3rd Rd LSU beats Tenn (hunch not based on facts) 3rd Rd Ark beats Fl 4th Rd Missou beats Auburn or A&M (Missou is peaking now) 4th Rd LSU beats Ark Championship Missou beats LSU Lets see other peoples projections

Mizzou could be interesting if they get Michael Porter Jr back, but I'd hardly call 2-3 in their last 5 with losses to LSU and Ole Miss "peaking".

They are also down to 2 scholarship guards. Not 2 scholarship PGs...2 scholarship guards.

I will say this, if AU finds a way to beat aTm or uat on Friday, I like their chances to play Sunday against UT. Will have to see how both are playing at that point to get a feeling on a winner, but I think UT is just too good and AU is reeling a but without Anfernee. With no Wiley and Purifoy on the bench leading the cheers, I think it somewhat diminishes the energy as well. I really think these guys sticking around in school and on the bench during this whole situation has been a visual reminder to the rest of the team that they are all still together. When they are missing from the bench away from home, that reduces the energy even more.

I'm like most it seems and have somewhat low expectation for the SEC tournament, but I don't want to see the guys play without a sense of urgency. How they play will matter for the NCAAs. Making the sweet sixteen needs to be the target for AU to solidify their place in CBB for the next year.

Most wide-open SEC tournament I can remember seeing.  But I'm with others here who just want to get out of the weekend injury free.  I'm honestly not opposed to losing on Friday just so we can get more rest.  The only thing I think we may be playing for is weekend one location.  Whichever team finishes better in the tourney between us and UT will likely be sent to Nashville.

Archived