SEC Tournament

AUDub

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Hope y'all saw the story on Frank Marin between games....amazing recovery from some undiagnosed illness that appeared to be killing him. 

Also.....Andy Kennedy?   who knew.....doing a great job as color support for the crew.  

yep great testimony,  Kennedy a great addition also.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Hope y'all saw the story on Frank Marin between games....amazing recovery from some undiagnosed illness that appeared to be killing him. 

Also.....Andy Kennedy?   who knew.....doing a great job as color support for the crew.  

Saw that a few weeks ago just amazing 

Is it just me or does it seem that the refs are a little looser on calls than they have been all season?  Wonder if that could hurt us as we are such a good FT team?

17 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Gotcha. Is this a new acronym?

Thanks for asking.  I sat there for about 10 minutes trying to figure out what pounds had to do with anything.

58 minutes ago, Weagle98 said:

Is it just me or does it seem that the refs are a little looser on calls than they have been all season?  Wonder if that could hurt us as we are such a good FT team?

In past years seems that refs have been more willing to "let them play" when tournament time comes around....which favors the more physical teams I guess...and might work against us if the opposition's big guys can push their way around (especially on offense) without worrying about foul calls.    

I actually think it will work in our favor. We only have 8 players and one of them (Horace) plays so aggressively that he cannot stay out of foul trouble. If the refs let the players play through contact that means Horace will have more of an opportunity to stay on the floor. Also for Davion, who does a great job of staying in front of the ball handler but the refs often call him for extremely weak fouls and this will allow him to play more freely if the refs swallow their whistle. In addition to that, our very style is aggressive perimeter defense which lends itself to more fouls on the perimeter. If that is reduced it only helps us IMO. 

Sure we may not get to the line as much but our defense would probably get a boost.

Well....looks like we will get to play a tie-breaker against bama tomorrow....they are about to dispatch the aggies...

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Well....looks like we will get to play a tie-breaker against bama tomorrow....they are about to dispatch the aggies...

of course that's the way they wanted to set it up

Well...might have called that too soon....aggies back in the game now and on a little run...but I might prefer to play bama....no problem getting our guys "up" for the game. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Well...might have called that too soon....aggies back in the game now and on a little run...but I might prefer to play bama....no problem getting our guys "up" for the game. 

Yeah, Aggies are making nice comeback here.  But I wouldn't worry about our guys being up tomorrow after being short-changed in the All-SEC selections this week.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yeah, Aggies are making nice comeback here.  But I wouldn't worry about our guys being up tomorrow after being short-changed in the All-SEC selections this week.

Well...it would be fun to be the team to knock bama out of the tournament ......a little something extra...

Dang good game....and two freshmen in a shootout .....

Just now, Tiger said:

I wanted to play Bama but it looks like it'll be TAMU

4 seconds plenty of time....and Sexton did it....

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

4 seconds plenty of time....and Sexton did it....

Had to mask my "OH!!" with a "cough" in my office LOL

Good. Bring on Bama. Let's kill their post-season dreams.

How do you let Sexton drive the entire court without even once trying to stop the ball? Good Lord!

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

How do you let him drive down the lane uncontested like that?!  Make someone else beat you A&M!

Did not want to foul him but it sure did look easy....but gotta admit, the kid is slick and can make a defender look pretty bad. 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

How do you let him drive down the lane uncontested like that?!  Make someone else beat you A&M!

Great minds

Just now, AU64 said:

Did not want to foul him but it sure did look easy....but gotta admit, the kid is slick and can make a defender look pretty bad. 

He made to the 3 point line before anyone tried to get in front of him. Just stupid...

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Had to mask my "OH!!" with a "cough" in my office LOL

Good. Bring on Bama. Let's kill their post-season dreams.

This is why I love working from home.  I'm doing my job from my couch today instead of my home office.  God bless technology.

Archived