Baseball vs BYU Game 3

Like everybody else I was watching that ridiculous basketball team win the freakin' SEC...was also trying to keep an eye on the baseball game all while at a Mexican restaurant with about a dozen TV's, all of them with soccer on, sheesh.  Tigers got 3 in the 3rd and 5 in the fourth to jump out to an 8-1 lead.  Peyton Glavine came on in relief in the sixth inning and suffered a "character builder" giving up 3 runs on 4 hits in 2/3 of an inning.  Cody Greenhill closed out the last 3 1/3 surrendering only 1 run on 5 hits.  Tanner Burns had another strong start and got the win.

Offensively it was another big game for Steven Williams and Brendan Venter, both of whom went 3 for 4, both had a double and both drew a walk.  Luke Jarvis hit in the 1 spot and went 3 for 5 with one of those being a big triple.  Tigers collectively had 12 hits...this is quickly becoming what should be a lineup that will strike fear into opposing pitchers as they attack the ball at the plate and just simply do not play for single runs.  Brendan Venter is currently leading the league with a .537 batting average and Steven Williams leads the SEC in RBI with 16 (Edouard Julien is third in the league with 13).  Tanner Burns leads all pitchers with a .82 ERA.   

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

It's always great to be an Auburn Tiger, but today has been really satisfying. 

Amen!!! I posted something similar in the football thread....I would apologize for the double post but not today. Can’t ssy it enough!

1 hour ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

It's always great to be an Auburn Tiger, but today has been particularly satisfying. 

It really has been a great Auburn Tiger day! War Eagle!

Archived