Softball vs. Western Illinois

Chardonnay Harris in to pitch.  Love that she is getting work and the others are getting work too.   Should go a long way to building depth on the pitching staff.   Dowell in at short.

Harris's change up is like my daughter used to throw.  It breaks down and in on right handers.  She leaves it up too much.  She needs to bring it down a little.  I can't tell you how many times my daughter struck out right handers with the ball hitting the ground in the batters box or even hitting the batter's shin or foot while they were swinging at air. 

Perry chops one to the left side, backhanded stop in deep short right at the edge of the grass and there's no play.   Runners on 1st and 2nd  with no outs for Courtney Shea.

Shea singles to left and Dowell scores, Perry to 3rd.   7-0 Tigers.   Rivera up.  1 more run here ends it.    Tissier will pinch run for Shea. 

5 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Just noticed on ESPN that Northwestern is leading uat 4-0.

Their ace, Osorio seems to be struggling this season. She is normally dominating with the rise ball. She is 3-2 and has given up 20 hits and 9 runs. 

4 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Veach flies to center to end the inning.   7-0 after 6

Thanks for the running commentary. It is fun to follow these games on here

Archived