2019 4* RB John Emery Jr.

WFE12

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

What an eye roll of a quote. If he wants to be the BMOC, come to Auburn and run like a demon possessed RB and be adored by 87,000 fans . If you want a Kenyan Drake, 8 carries a game role, come to Auburn and we will be sure to protect your mileage while you’re on the bench while we are rolling no huddle. If you want to be both then I have beach front property in Kansas to sell you..:

He probably saw what KJ did last year got that stuck in his head. If Pettway never got injured we would have still ran that duo. I mean it worked out in the end because KJ is now projected 2nd-3rd round and who knows what it may have been if he was still sharing carries..

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

He probably saw what KJ did last year got that stuck in his head. If Pettway never got injured we would have still ran that duo. I mean it worked out in the end because KJ is now projected 2nd-3rd round and who knows what it may have been if he was still sharing carries..

KJ receiving the bulk of the carries, enough to allow him to become SEC POTY seems to have rubbed a lot of people tbe wrong way, including a bunch of Auburn fans. Anywho, I’m not fanning the flames to that tired debate. I want players at Auburn that want the ball in crunch time. The best way to ice the game is a 12 play drive punctuated by a score.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

What an eye roll of a quote. If he wants to be the BMOC, come to Auburn and run like a demon possessed RB and be adored by 87,000 fans . If you want a Kenyan Drake, 8 carries a game role, come to Auburn and we will be sure to protect your mileage while you’re on the bench while we are rolling no huddle. If you want to be both then I have beach front property in Kansas to sell you..:

how much you asking?

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

KJ receiving the bulk of the carries, enough to allow him to become SEC POTY seems to have rubbed a lot of people tbe wrong way, including a bunch of Auburn fans. Anywho, I’m not fanning the flames to that tired debate. I want players at Auburn that want the ball in crunch time. The best way to ice the game is a 12 play drive punctuated by a score.

Only worried me because of his injury history but other than that I had no problem with it.

He comes across as a guy that would sit out a bowl game to “preserve himself.”  Not a fan of his attitude wanting to be the star, no exceptions.  Doesn’t really seem like a team player in a team sport. 

To me, his desire to be "the man" has no bearing on whether he is or isn't a team player.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

To me, his desire to be "the man" has no bearing on whether he is or isn't a team player.

It’s the way he said it for me.  To him, it doesn’t matter who else is on the roster, he will be the guy.  And if he feels like they are running him too much, he will determine how many carries he will take.  

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

To him, it doesn’t matter who else is on the roster, he will be the guy.  

To me, you want that attitude from your RB.  There's a thin line between confidence and arrogance.  I don't think he has crossed it.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

To me, you want that attitude from your RB.  There's a thin line between confidence and arrogance.  I don't think he has crossed it.

Fair enough.  Maybe it was just his choice of words in how he said it.

36 minutes ago, alexava said:

Love the film. The quotes are a little contradictory but he’s 16 or 17 years old. We’ll see. 

exactly, i agree with Bird on this one, you want a RB with that kind of an attitude. It's up to the coaches to dial him back.

9 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

exactly, i agree with Bird on this one, you want a RB with that kind of an attitude. It's up to the coaches to dial him back.

You want a RB with a certain attitude, yes. One that comes right out and says he'll have to be the main man but won't carry the ball past a certain number of times causes me to think we'd best be looking elsewhere.

20 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Fair enough.  Maybe it was just his choice of words in how he said it.

18 hours ago, alexava said:

Love the film. The quotes are a little contradictory but he’s 16 or 17 years old. We’ll see. 

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

You want a RB with a certain attitude, yes. One that comes right out and says he'll have to be the main man but won't carry the ball past a certain number of times causes me to think we'd best be looking elsewhere.

If you're going to blow his comments out of proportion, then maybe also focus on the part where he said he will play his part.

Watch his film and quit over analyzing a couple sentences from a teenager's interview.  What yall want him to say?  "I just want to be on a team where everybody gets equal playing time regardless of skill and we all share orange slices and Capri Suns after practice."

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

If you're going to blow his comments out of proportion, then maybe also focus on the part where he said he will play his part.

That's why he was contradictory.. He touched every base. But in no particular order. Maybe his parents or coach can improve his interview skills. 

9 minutes ago, alexava said:

That's why he was contradictory.. He touched every base. But in no particular order. Maybe his parents or coach can improve his interview skills. 

Yep. No doubt the kid doesn't exactly come across as well spoken. Like you said, just a kid. Cam Newton is still pretty terrible at interviews.

Folks just hear what they want to hear. A few people want to focus on the guy basically stating that he has career goals and act like he's some hyper-selfish jerk, and completely ignore that he said other things that don't fit that narrative. Typical, unfortunately. 

Do we lead for Emory? 247 hiding their CB pr dictions behind paywalls has really left me even more clueless on which program is favored for the recruits these days. 

I saw where a bunch of LSU fans were appalled that he called Auburn RBU. At least be got that part right. Judging by his comments, I think he wants to be the top RB recruit in the class. 

50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yep. No doubt the kid doesn't exactly come across as well spoken. Like you said, just a kid. Cam Newton is still pretty terrible at interviews.

Folks just hear what they want to hear. A few people want to focus on the guy basically stating that he has career goals and act like he's some hyper-selfish jerk, and completely ignore that he said other things that don't fit that narrative. Typical, unfortunately. 

Cam does trip himself up at times. But he is in front of mics and cameras a LOT. he was better in college. 

These highly rates HS kids are treated like kings as the star of their programs. They all have a little primaddonna in them that has to be beat out of them their freshman year of college, though they don’t all blatantly express it as Emery did in that quote.  Tell the kid what he wants to hear and get him signed up. Deal,with the de programming later. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

One of the few shockers in the recruiting world these days. Everyone was saying he was first MSU bound then LSU. effin bowl cut.............. That dude continues to be a pain in the ass on the trail and is loading up.

Archived