2019 4* RB John Emery Jr.

WFE12

5 star RB John Emery committed to UGA today. Said he looked forward to being in a rotation with their other 5star RBs. Imagine that.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

One of the few shockers in the recruiting world these days. Everyone was saying he was first MSU bound then LSU. effin bowl cut.............. That dude continues to be a pain in the ass on the trail and is loading up.

Yeah but he's obviously going to make bad grades.  He sucks at math.  110%....

:beer2:

What the firetruck. Am I missing something here? Didn’t they just sign 2 5* RB’s last year and have a couple of soon to be Sophomores and juniors in their Dog house already? Then this guy says hahaha I fooled everyone by letting you think I was going to LSU and am will to go to a super talented crowded backfield and ride the aluminum instead of going to another powerful SEC school and playing a lot earlier. What ever floats your little 17 year old boat dude. 

ARE YOU FACKIN KIDDIN ME?!!! BOWL CUT?!! AGAIN?!! After all those comments he made about being the man and all that other BS...this certainly digs a hole for us even more with Cain now. We been holding off on guys like Tye Edwards for him and we could lose out on both..

1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

What the firetruck. Am I missing something here? Didn’t they just sign 2 5* RB’s last year and have a couple of soon to be Sophomores and juniors in their Dog house already? Then this guy says hahaha I fooled everyone by letting you think I was going to LSU and am will to go to a super talented crowded backfield and ride the aluminum instead of going to another powerful SEC school and playing a lot earlier. What ever floats your little 17 year old boat dude. 

Bowl cut is def crutin like bama now that he has it rolling. Who they already have on the roster does not matter. Elite kids are still jumping on the boat.

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Which 5*  RB will transfer 1st

None. uga will share the carries enough to keep all of those guys happy and more importantly fresh when they get their chance. 

13 hours ago, CR said:

5 star RB John Emery committed to UGA today. Said he looked forward to being in a rotation with their other 5star RBs. Imagine that.

Some of y'all need to pay attention to this. You especially, Gustav Malzahn.

As long as his tactics are done through the correct channels then Kirby will be doing this for a long time.  There is no getting caught with what he is doing and he learned how to do it from the best.  Not to mention in a state where there is zero desire to look into anything as far as the media is concerned.  Our best hope is to continue to get guys like Derrick Brown and his family who did not like the sales pitch.  There is no way to sugarcoat the fact that we are getting our arses handed to us in RB recruiting.  

• 2 weeks later...

If this is real and he's that stupid......It was deleted from the account obviously. I don't need proof tbh. I know he got paid. Scheduled to visit LSU and made a video for them and outta nowhere uga. Neither Keith or anyone mentioned UGA I'm his recruitment.

IMG_1411.JPG

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

If this is real and he's that stupid......It was deleted from the account obviously. I don't need proof tbh. I know he got paid. Scheduled to visit LSU and made a video for them and outta nowhere uga. Neither Keith or anyone mentioned UGA I'm his recruitment.

IMG_1411.JPG

It was fake and honestly didn’t need to be posted here. There’s actually an app out now for people wanting to create fake tweets through other accounts.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BREAKING: John Emery commits to LSU

BySHEA DIXON 

8533734.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs(Photo: Billy Embody, 247Sports)

The LSU football staff has reeled in one of the biggest fish in the 2019 recruiting class, and also knocked down one of the state of Louisiana's biggest dominos in the process.

Destrehan High running back John Emery has committed to LSU, making the move to get on board with the in-state Tigers after he reopened his recruitment last month, backing off a three-month pledge to the Georgia Bulldogs.

Emery is ranked by 247Sports as a five-star, the No. 2 running back prospect in America and the No. 12 overall prospect in the 2019 class. He checks in behind five-star Derek Stingley, another LSU commitment, as the No. 2 prospect in Louisiana.

The addition of Emery gives the Tigers another big boost at the running back position in a year where the Tigers were looking to score big with multiple signees. And they have done just that, adding commitments from two of the top six running backs in the country. Four-star Baton Rouge native Tyrion Davis, the No. 6 running back on 247Sports, has been committed to the Tigers for more than two years.

LSU will now enter the 2019 season with a pair of true freshmen running backs in Davis and Emery, a pair of redshirt freshmen running backs in Chris Curry and Tae Provens, a junior running back in Clyde Edwards-Helaire and a senior in Lanard Fournette. Of the returning running backs from this year's roster, only Edwards-Helaire has seen more than eight touches across the 8-2 start for the Tigers. Curry has carried the ball eight times in 10 games, while Fournette has carried it three times. Provens has not seen any touches this season.

Emery is expected to be an immediate impact player at the college level. At 6-foot and 206 pounds, Emery has some of the best testing numbers in the country regardless of position, clocking a 4.42 40-yard dash, a 4.20 shuttle and a 37.9-inch vertical.

Thanks to his showings across the board, 247Sports national analyst Barton Simmons feels Emery is among the nation's top overall prospects for the 2019 class, comparing him to former LSU running back and Baton Rouge native Derrius Guice.

"Densely built back with a powerful, muscled up lower and upper half, special athletic traits," Simmons said. "Speed, suddenness, explosiveness and burst are all elite. Has the frame and strength to run with power and through arm tackles. Capable of delivering blow as a runner and blocker. Dangerous in the open field with loose hips and acceleration to provide plenty of home-run ability. Runs with good lean and pad level.

Stay tuned to Geaux247 for more on this breaking news and reaction from Emery on his decision. "Significant impact player at a major program and has first round NFL Draft traits."

Archived