Kudos SEC Network

TigerOne

They did an outstanding job covering and giving Auburn praise after the win over South Carolina.

The post game show was especially good with the special effects for the Auburn highlights and

the confetti guy in the studio to add a nice touch of humor.

Dari, Fish and the Shoota all did a great job and probably went a little overboard in praising Auburn and Coach Pearl.

Tennessee fans might actually be a little annoyed as Auburn got most of the airtime. Good to see for a change.

47 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

They did an outstanding job covering and giving Auburn praise after the win over South Carolina.

The post game show was especially good with the special effects for the Auburn highlights and

the confetti guy in the studio to add a nice touch of humor.

Dari, Fish and the Shoota all did a great job and probably went a little overboard in praising Auburn and Coach Pearl.

Tennessee fans might actually be a little annoyed as Auburn got most of the airtime. Good to see for a change.

Thanks for the recap....did not catch that part of the show....but guess they had some "loose" time to fill between games.  

UT and AU have both been the surprise teams of the year in basketball and both teams and coaches deserve praise for what they have accomplished.   We sometimes see a dark horse ride to the top in a sport....but it is really unusual to have two teams from the pre-season "bottom" end up at the top. 

Looks like Rick Barnes had not forgotten how to coach after all.  Sometimes guys like him  need a little boot in the pants to shake them out of complacency. 

Any where we can find this post game show online? I was out of town for the game and didn't get to watch it until late last night and I thought I DVR'd the SEC Now following the game broadcast but apparently my DirecTV app is an idiot

I will not give them credit until they fire their camera crew for the games.  Terrible angles at the worst possible moments, and half of the game is filled with graphics they repeat at least 10 times per game where it fills all or half the screen.  It's okay to use them, but show them at a break, not during the game where we miss a shot or foul.

59 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Any where we can find this post game show online? I was out of town for the game and didn't get to watch it until late last night and I thought I DVR'd the SEC Now following the game broadcast but apparently my DirecTV app is an idiot

not sure where it can be seen but having a guy on a ladder dropping orange and blue confetti on the guys was great. And doing it early during the replays.

Showing Bryce Browns shots as fireballs was good too.

Everyone was having a good time.

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I will not give them credit until they fire their camera crew for the games.  Terrible angles at the worst possible moments, and half of the game is filled with graphics they repeat at least 10 times per game where it fills all or half the screen.  It's okay to use them, but show them at a break, not during the game where we miss a shot or foul.

My gripe was their failure to show replays on questionable calls ....where the initial view was not that great  (camera angle?)  and where it appeared the refs had blown the call.  

Seems they were protecting the officials by letting them get away with whatever they had called.  I don't like announcers second guessing coaching and officiating all game long but sure would like to have more opportunities to draw my own conclusions. 

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

My gripe was their failure to show replays on questionable calls ....where the initial view was not that great  (camera angle?)  and where it appeared the refs had blown the call.  

Seems they were protecting the officials by letting them get away with whatever they had called.  I don't like announcers second guessing coaching and officiating all game long but sure would like to have more opportunities to draw my own conclusions. 

I had to listen by radio Saturday, but Sonny and company said the officials called a very good game in the second half. As far as the USCe player traveling and not getting caught which caused Bruce to get a technical, the SEC crew laughed at the refs for not calling it traveling. They said that it would have been a walk at the NBA level. 

29 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I had to listen by radio Saturday, but Sonny and company said the officials called a very good game in the second half. As far as the USCe player traveling and not getting caught which caused Bruce to get a technical, the SEC crew laughed at the refs for not calling it traveling. They said that it would have been a walk at the NBA level. 

That was when the finally started calling fouls on Silva.....:)

35 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Those refs sucked period.  BP was so pissed at them at halftime. He gave the female reporter the "no comment", but it wasn't hard to figure out who he was mad at. I think me and Sonny watched 2 different games in the second half. That offensive foul they called on herron was about as bad as I've seen this year.

If I did not have an emotional investment into a college basketball program I really don't think I'd watch much of college hoops in today's game. And that is squarely on the officiating. It's borderline unwatchable actually and this is coming from someone who's favorite sport is basketball. The refs call so much garbage it's insane. Not only is it the bad calls but how damn inconsistent the refs are is ridiculous. And I don't even mean from game to game, I'm talking from possession to possession. I'm particularly not fond of the rule where if a player breathes on a guy driving to the basket it's a foul lol. I mean damn it took 60 minutes of real time to get through 20 minutes of basketball on Saturday. 

Certainly the entire NCAA can't be so bad at defense that the refs have to call fouls every 30 seconds. Do the refs just like to be the center of attention? I mean what is it? Other than being annoying as **** I mean lol

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Yep, and Silva fouled out...

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Those refs sucked period.  BP was so pissed at them at halftime. He gave the female reporter the "no comment", but it wasn't hard to figure out who he was mad at. I think me and Sonny watched 2 different games in the second half. That offensive foul they called on herron was about as bad as I've seen this year.

The refs make bad calls and miss inexplicable plays all the time. The fact that USCe was called for 7 more fouls than we were tells me that it was a pretty evenly called game.

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The refs make bad calls and miss inexplicable plays all the time. The fact that USCe was called for 7 more fouls than we were tells me that it was a pretty evenly called game.

Someone on here always reminds us that it is not the ref's job to keep the number of fouls even.   The number of fouls is often about style of play ....especially inside and AU is by and large, not a rough team inside like Silva for example. 

A few weeks ago Kansas had 35 shots and West Virginia had 3 and Huggins was furious.  If you watched any WVa game, you see that they are fouling on every play and mostly refs get tired or intimidated about calling all of them.  

On Saturday,  some of the questionable calls were not about shooting or fouling..... there were decisions about traveling or not traveling.....or who touched the ball last when it went out of bounds or whether a foul was committed before a shot was taken or did the player get three more steps (continuation) to get the basket and also the foul shot. 

21 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Wasn't saying they cheated. Just they called a consistently bad game from start to finish. They missed an obvious travel against SC, and on the same play called a phantom foul, and gave them a continuation bucket (all on the same play)  that cost us 3 points when the game was tight. If you gave them an overall grade it would be a c- as far as I'm concerned.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

few weeks ago Kansas had 35 shots and West Virginia had 3 and Huggins was furious.  If you watched any WVa game, you see that they are fouling on every play and mostly refs get tired or intimidated about calling all of them.  

I have a problem with that 35-3 line as well.  

USCe had more turnovers and fouls last game. Sure maybe we missed on the huge walking call, but we are bound to alway miss such calls on some days. Like I said, I’m blindly speaking because I only listened on the radio, but the calls appeared unbiased to me. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I have a problem with that 35-3 line as well.  

USCe had more turnovers and fouls last game. Sure maybe we missed on the huge walking call, but we are bound to alway miss such calls on some days. Like I said, I’m blindly speaking because I only listened on the radio, but the calls appeared unbiased to me. 

I have noticed at the AU games I go to, that the refs seem to call it really tight in the first half, to tell the players, they are not going to just get away with anything.

THen in the second half, they let both teams maul each other without a foul called. 

There's a limit to how disgusted I can get with the SEC network. They just have to keep on giving Laura Rutledge a goodly amount of air time. :)

I thought the halftime and after game portions have been good all year. Really impressed with Jimmy Dykes in particular. 

7 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

I thought the halftime and after game portions have been good all year. Really impressed with Jimmy Dykes in particular. 

Jimmy Dykes has been my favorite this year but all the analysts are good from Pat Bradley to, of course, Fishback. Also Jimmy D loves him some Bruce Pearl and he's always complimenting him and AU

Edit: Didn't mean to forget Antoine Walker. I like his input as he's seen it all from all levels. I think he will get more and more comfortable in front of the camera as time goes on as well. His insight is valued but he seems like he's timid on set a little bit.

On 3/5/2018 at 10:53 AM, AU64 said:

Anything with SEC in front of it is all about protecting the officials, including the SECnetwork. And yes, you are right. They go out of their way not to point out obvious terrible calls. Other espn broadcasters will call out officiating from time to time, as they should.

On 3/6/2018 at 9:58 AM, Tiger said:

Jimmy Dykes has been my favorite this year but all the analysts are good from Pat Bradley to, of course, Fishback. Also Jimmy D loves him some Bruce Pearl and he's always complimenting him and AU

Edit: Didn't mean to forget Antoine Walker. I like his input as he's seen it all from all levels. I think he will get more and more comfortable in front of the camera as time goes on as well. His insight is valued but he seems like he's timid on set a little bit.

I enjoyed Dykes this year.  Walker seems like he just needs experience and once he loosens up will Ben an asset.  Most of the guys are enjoyable.  Fish is great and not just cuz he’s an auburn guy.

the biggest complaints I have about the game broadcast is certain themes getting beat to death, not talking about the actual game going on and not showing replays of controversial moments and fouls.

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

I enjoyed Dykes this year.  Walker seems like he just needs experience and once he loosens up will Ben an asset.  Most of the guys are enjoyable.  Fish is great and not just cuz he’s an auburn guy.

the biggest complaints I have about the game broadcast is certain themes getting beat to death, not talking about the actual game going on and not showing replays of controversial moments and fouls.

Yeah I fully agree. The in-game production value could definitely use an upgrade! But I guess ESPN has to use the JV production teams for these spin-off channels. :dunno:

One of them loves Jared Harper. Kept calling him the SEC MVP last week..

34 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

One of them loves Jared Harper. Kept calling him the SEC MVP last week..

That was Jimmy Dykes.

His story of making 110 million dollars in the NBA and still going bankrupt was certainly interesting. He said his first contract in Boston he basically started out in debt after buying his 250,000 Boston condo and two cars straight out of HS. I believe he also talks to the NBA prospects about making better financial decisions. 

Archived