Baseball Rankings - 3/19/18 Update

18 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

And for all the complaints about how weak the schedule has been, with one OOC game prior to SEC play beginning, our SOS is 17th. Best in the conference. 

To add to this AU has the highest noncon. SOS at #20. Only 1 other SEC team is in the top 25 in noncon SOS, Vandy @ 25. 2 in the top 100, Vols @ 52 & Arky @ 75. The rest are 100 or worse.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

To add to this AU has the highest noncon. SOS at #20. Only 1 other SEC team is in the top 25 in noncon SOS, Vandy @ 25. 2 in the top 100, Vols @ 52 & Arky @ 75.

And, as you well know, by the end of the season, our SOS will be top five. This is setting up to be a fun 15 weeks for us and a serious grind for some 18-22 year olds. I would remind everyone there will likely be a hand full of tough days. Don’t jump off the roof when it happens. 

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

To add to this AU has the highest noncon. SOS at #20. Only 1 other SEC team is in the top 25 in noncon SOS, Vandy @ 25. 2 in the top 100, Vols @ 52 & Arky @ 75. The rest are 100 or worse.

A pretty well constructed schedule....like the three bear's porridge.... not to hot and not too cold....

On 3/14/2018 at 9:43 AM, PowerOfDixieland said:

And, as you well know, by the end of the season, our SOS will be top five. This is setting up to be a fun 15 weeks for us and a serious grind for some 18-22 year olds. I would remind everyone there will likely be a hand full of tough days. Don’t jump off the roof when it happens. 

So glad you posted this......

Up from #15 to #9 in D1baseball poll.  Up from #13 to #6 in Baseball America.  Say hello to your top 10 Auburn Tigers! WDE!

On 3/14/2018 at 9:43 AM, PowerOfDixieland said:

Post of the season.

There will be losses, and probably a few bad ones. There will also be wins.... probably more wins than losses, and probably more than a few really good ones.

It’s funny that the sec network does a clip about the opening weekend in baseball (it’s on their website) and not a peep about auburn. They talked about Georgia, South Carolina and indicated its “Arkansas and everyone else “.?

2 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

And look at the team at number 2. Not feeling too bad about that loss

And look at number 3.  LEAVE US ALONE YOU COKED-OUT MASCOT KNOCKOFFS

Updated to reflect this weeks poll in OP.

Kentucky in Lexington will be a tall order.  Friday night will feature two of the best pitchers in the country.  Hjelle got beat up a bit in Fayetteville last week, you can bet he will be ready to go.  

2 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Updated to reflect this weeks poll in OP.

Kentucky in Lexington will be a tall order.  Friday night will feature two of the best pitchers in the country.  Hjelle got beat up a bit in Fayetteville last week, you can bet he will be ready to go.  

Typical SEC schedule..... Level of play is about same as Class A professional which means there are few weak teams or easy weekends.   Most teams now seem to have 3 respectable starters and the old concept of the Sunday game being "Johnny Wholestaff" with a lot of runs.....that looks like a thing of the past. 

41 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Typical SEC schedule..... Level of play is about same as Class A professional which means there are few weak teams or easy weekends.   Most teams now seem to have 3 respectable starters and the old concept of the Sunday game being "Johnny Wholestaff" with a lot of runs.....that looks like a thing of the past. 

I think Kentucky may be especially pissed off after what the Hogs did to them over this past weekend...gave up 39 runs in three games, 14 and 16 on Saturday and Sunday respectively.

57 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I think Kentucky may be especially pissed off after what the Hogs did to them over this past weekend...gave up 39 runs in three games, 14 and 16 on Saturday and Sunday respectively.

Pigs have some hitters....saw some highlights....they really lit up UK pitchers.

I see some similarities with this team and our basketball team, but in a good way.  I think the baseball team is in a better position than the basketball team with having better reserves and not running of gas due to lack of talent coming off of the bench. I like our pitching staff and think we can compete with any team in the SEC. We beat a good TAMU team and if we get through this week on a positive note with winning our share against UK and GT. If we have a good showing this week, we will be off to a great start for the season.

• 3 weeks later...

It appears while we freak out and proclaim the season over, the people whose opinion's actually count have a better grasp on things. ;D  Two weekends coming up against unranked opponents.  Would love 5-1 the next two weekends, but it's a must to go 4-2.  

21 hours ago, SCTiger2011 said:

It appears while we freak out and proclaim the season over, the people whose opinion's actually count have a better grasp on things. ;D  Two weekends coming up against unranked opponents.  Would love 5-1 the next two weekends, but it's a must to go 4-2.  

Certainly don’t think season is over. In fact, certainly don’t think hosting a regional is out of realm of possibilities. Going to take winning some games we not supposed to win, but that is definitely still in play for this team. Mindset over the next two weekends needs to be just win. Doesn’t matter how we do it, but we need plus ones in the win column. 6-0 would be ideal. Obviously, that’s incredibly hard to do in the SEC, but that needs to be the mindset. Need to win these two weekends to put us back in contention. We’re still ranked and get to see a number on the screen by Auburn so I’ll take that every day.

Archived