Chris Chiozza, Florida
Chris Silva, South Carolina
Robert Williams, Texas A&M

Coach of the Year: Rick Barnes, Tennessee
Player of the Year: Grant Williams, Tennessee
Scholar-Athlete of the Year: Juwan Parker, Georgia
Co-Freshman of the Year: Collin Sexton, Alabama & Kevin Knox, Kentucky
Co-Sixth-Man of the Year: Jontay Porter, Missouri & Lamonté Turner, Tennessee
Co-Defensive Player of the Year: Chris Silva, South Carolina & Robert Williams, Texas A&M

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AP Voters’ choices

FIRST TEAM (listed alphabetically)

Bryce Brown, Auburn, G, 6-3, Jr., Stone Mountain, Georgia

Daryl Macon, Arkansas, G, 6-3, Sr., Little Rock, Arkansas

u-Yante Maten, Georgia, F, 6-8, Sr., Pontiac, Michigan

Collin Sexton, Alabama, G, 6-3, Fr., Mableton, Georgia

u-Grant Williams, Tennessee, F, 6-7, Soph., Charlotte, North Carolina

___

SECOND TEAM

Jaylen Barford, Arkansas, G, 6-3, Sr., Jackson, Tennessee

Jared Harper, Auburn, G, 5-10, Soph., Mableton, Georgia

Mustapha Heron, Auburn, G, 6-5, Soph., Waterbury, Connecticut

Kassius Robertson, Missouri, G, 6-3, Sr., Toronto, Ontario

___

Player of the year - Yante Maten, Georgia

Coach of the year - Rick Barnes, Tennessee

Newcomer of the year - Collin Sexton, Alabama

u-unanimous

My gut reaction is to get super offended blahblah disrespected yada yada whatever. But then, I remember I'm a fan of a school whose team have always performed at their best under the influence of disregard and dismissal. Plus, Bruce has a renegade flair that, frankly, others don't appreciate (bc he's not their coach). War Eagle! 

Just now, tigeraddikt said:

My gut reaction is to get super offended blahblah disrespected yada yada whatever. But then, I remember I'm a fan of a school whose team have always performed at their best under the influence of disregard and dismissal. Plus, Bruce has a renegade flair that, frankly, others don't appreciate (bc he's not their coach). War Eagle! 

Oh, I can’t imagine a better situation for us right now. The coaches’ list is just dripping with disrespect for this team. We might burn down St Louis en route to winning the SECT now. Just a ton of extra motivation given to a team that already carries around a massive chip on the shoulder. 

1 minute ago, tigeraddikt said:

Yep. I gotta say, the coaches' vote stung. 

1 minute ago, boomstick said:

Oh, I can’t imagine a better situation for us right now. The coaches’ list is just dripping with disrespect for this team. We might burn down St Louis en route to winning the SECT now. Just a ton of extra motivation given to a team that already carries around a massive chip on the shoulder. 

My thought, too.

P.S. No coach in this country has come within a thousand miles of pulling off what Pearl has done with an undersized, underclassmen, over-hearted, depleted roster. Barnes has done a great job. Pearl has been a friggin' magician and has done a transcendent job. 

This is a joke. Not even being a homer, but what Pearl accomplished this season, considering EVERYthing....hands down should be the COY. 

Looks like the HC's in the conference don't respect Bruce, and neither does the AP. 

Oh well, BP will just go on & win the whole damn shebang!:wareagle:

lmaoooo let the entire conference have to sit 2 starters including their tallest player and then take one of the remaining players away in mid-February and lets see who can pull off a regular season championship. Those coaches know damn well Bruce did the best and most impressive job in the conference this year, and probably nation. They're treating him like Chizik in 2010 except they better watch out because this disrespect will stick with Bruce and be motivation to kick their asses moving forward. 

Oh and Bruce actually has the chops to beat everyone unlike Chizik's success tied to 1 player

17 minutes ago, Tiger said:

lmaoooo let the entire conference have to sit 2 starters including their tallest player and then take one of the remaining players away in mid-February and lets see who can pull off a regular season championship. Those coaches know damn well Bruce did the best and most impressive job in the conference this year, and probably nation. They're treating him like Chizik in 2010 except they better watch out because this disrespect will stick with Bruce and be motivation to kick their asses moving forward. 

All this. It's absolutely ridiculous how Bruce and our players were treated with these awards. Borderline cowardly and petty of the other SEC coaches.

But that's fine, lets use it as motivation and keep on winning.

8 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

All this. It's absolutely ridiculous how Bruce and our players were treated with these awards. Borderline cowardly and petty of the other SEC coaches.

But that's fine, lets use it as motivation and keep on winning.

I didn't care about the SEC tournament much after locking up the regular season but now I hope we win the tourney in St Louis and I hope our big 3 of Harper, Bryce, and Mustapha average 20/game each on the way to cutting down another set of nets!!! All while the entire conference's coaches watch.

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

SEC Coaches Selections

First Team All-SEC
Jaylen Barford, Arkansas
Chris Chiozza, Florida
Yante Maten, Georgia
Kevin Knox, Kentucky
Kassius Robertson, Missouri
Grant Williams, Tennessee
Tyler Davis, Texas A&M

Second Team All-SEC
Collin Sexton, Alabama
Daryl Macon, Arkansas
Bryce Brown, Auburn
Jared Harper, Auburn
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Kentucky
Quinndary Weatherspoon, Miss. State
Admiral Schofield, Tennessee
Jeff Roberson, Vanderbilt

All-Freshman Team
Collin Sexton, Alabama
Daniel Gafford, Arkansas
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Kentucky
Kevin Knox, Kentucky
Tremont Waters, LSU
Nick Weatherspoon, Miss. State
Jontay Porter, Missouri
TJ Starks, Texas A&M

All-Defensive Team
Donta Hall, Alabama
Anfernee McLemore, Auburn
Chris Chiozza, Florida
Robert Williams, Texas A&M

Coach of the Year: Rick Barnes, Tennessee
Player of the Year: Grant Williams, Tennessee
Scholar-Athlete of the Year: Juwan Parker, Georgia
Co-Freshman of the Year: Collin Sexton, Alabama & Kevin Knox, Kentucky
Co-Sixth-Man of the Year: Jontay Porter, Missouri & Lamonté Turner, Tennessee
Co-Defensive Player of the Year: Chris Silva, South Carolina & Robert Williams, Texas A&M

Yeah it is the coaches choosing and sending a message to Auburn.....well message received..... hope you like the results you are about to receive back!!!

I stopped liking the "SEC" in 2010 and this just fuels my discontent even more.  

The conference has disrespected Auburn since 2010 ~ nothing's changed.  Quite honestly, I was a little shocked with all of the SEC coaching turnover that the new SEC coaches would be so petty.  I'm not pissed that Barnes got COY over BP, he did a great job this season...I'm pissed that the conference coaches refuse to vote even one of our players to the 1st/2nd team.:angry:

12 minutes ago, keesler said:

The conference has disrespected Auburn since 2010 ~ nothing's changed.  Quite honestly, I was a little shocked with all of the SEC coaching turnover that the new SEC coaches would be so petty.  I'm not pissed that Barnes got COY over BP, he did a great job this season...I'm pissed that the conference coaches refuse to vote even one of our players to the 1st/2nd team.:angry:

Brown and Harper made 2nd team. What's silly is Heron had as good or better numbers than the guy who they voted player of the year, but he didn't even make 2nd team.

52 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I didn't care about the SEC tournament much after locking up the regular season but now I hope we win the tourney in St Louis and I hope our big 3 of Harper, Bryce, and Mustapha average 20/game each on the way to cutting down another set of nets!!! All while the entire conference's coaches watch.

download.jpeg

23 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I stopped liking the "SEC" in 2010 and this just fuels my discontent even more.  

This! After the tennis player got SEC player of the year over Cam I quit caring about the conference. This nonsense just reinforces how I feel about the rest of the SEC!

8 minutes ago, wde21 said:

This! After the tennis player got SEC player of the year over Cam I quit caring about the conference. This nonsense just reinforces how I feel about the rest of the SEC!

To me this seems to be the thinking of SEC coaches, in football it's bama, in basketball it's Kentucky.  Auburn could have gone undefeated and  would still be disrespected. I hope Pearl and company rip the rest of these Wooden wanna-bees  a new one and show them they don't know S--t about basketball

Archived