Tigers are Stronger than Cancer

lionheartkc

Since so many of you have been so kind as to continue to inquire about my health, especially here on the football board, I just wanted to let you all know that my doctor told me, today, that I am still cancer free (something he referred to as "extrordinary", considering how cancer riddled my liver was almost a year ago to the day, and the type of cancer it was). 

That being said, I don't want this to be about me. There are far too many Tigers on here who are fighting the good fight, so please, @Maverick.AU, @AUIH1, and anyone else who is winning the battle with cancer, use this thread to keep everyone informed so we can all pray for each other and keep the good thoughts going.

7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Since so many of you have been so kind as to continue to inquire about my health, especially here on the football board, I just wanted to let you all know that my doctor told me, today, that I am still cancer free (something he referred to as "extrordinary", considering how cancer riddled my liver was almost a year ago to the day, and the type of cancer it was). 

That being said, I don't want this to be about me. There are far too many Tigers on here who are fighting the good fight, so please, @Maverick.AU, @AUIH1, and anyone else who is winning the battle with cancer, use this thread to keep everyone informed so we can all pray for each other and keep the good thoughts going.

Many. many thanks for the thread, and if it gets moved,

I, for one, will religiously follow it!

Stay well soon, and later, and...

Great news Lionheartkc. Will continue praying for you and the others who are fighting this fight.

This is great news. Prayers for your continued good health.

I have my next PET scan the 21st, 2 days before my bday. It will about a year and 3 months since my cancer has been in remission

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I have my next PET scan the 21st, 2 days before my bday. It will about a year and 3 months since my cancer has been in remission

Expecting you to keep setting the pace. My goal is to keep up but not catch up.

Great news lionheartkc!!  I did not know you had liver cancer.  That is a real tough one.   Congrats.  I have my 1st PET scan post treatment on 3/16 and another soft tissue neck scan (again post treatment) on 3/23.  I am getting really nervous, but I am also trying to be positive since my type of cancer has an 80% cure rate.

5 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Great news lionheartkc!!  I did not know you had liver cancer.  That is a real tough one.   Congrats.  I have my 1st PET scan post treatment on 3/16 and another soft tissue neck scan (again post treatment) on 3/23.  I am getting really nervous, but I am also trying to be positive since my type of cancer has an 80% cure rate.

All the best wishes I can muster.

Do well!

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

I actually don't have liver cancer. I have this super rare crap called neuroendocrine cancer (same stuff Steve Jobs had, except he, unfortunately, had it in his pancreas). It had just metastasized to my liver by the time we found it (we never found the source). It's considered incurable. I also have, or had, colon cancer (completely seperately from the first), but there was about a 70% chance that we cut all of it out when I had surgery, which the tests have, so far, shown to be the case.

I get the nerves man. Just remember that the entire Tiger family is rooting for just like you were standing at 1st and goal on the 1 in Jordan Hare.

51 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I actually don't have liver cancer. I have this super rare crap called neuroendocrine cancer (same stuff Steve Jobs had, except he, unfortunately, had it in his pancreas). It had just metastasized to my liver by the time we found it (we never found the source). It's considered incurable. I also have, or had, colon cancer (completely seperately from the first), but there was about a 70% chance that we cut all of it out when I had surgery, which the tests have, so far, shown to be the case.

I get the nerves man. Just remember that the entire Tiger family is rooting for just like you were standing at 1st and goal on the 1 in Jordan Hare.

Dang man. You have it far more complicated and difficult than I do regarding cancer.  Just know, as much as we disagree about AU coaching stuff, I support you 100% in your cancer fight.

59 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

All the best wishes I can muster.

Do well!

Thanks.   It is appreciated.  Before I had to go through it, a few friends of mine who have had to do deal with cancer and cancer treatment told me that "No one would understand what it meant to go through hard rounds of chemo and radiation unless they went through it themselves."   They were so right. And I didn't even have to go through surgery on top of chemo and radiation.

@lionheartkc, @Maverick.AU, @AUIH1

I am proud to "know" you guys, who have such courage and faith and such a positive attitude. We are here with you, rooting for you all, and supporting you with humor, the distraction of an argument, and most importantly, our prayers. Keep on being Tiger Strong!

On 3/6/2018 at 12:52 PM, lionheartkc said:

Wonderful post!  I hope all of you will continue to regain your health and live life to the fullest! 

Prayers for you all! Folks like us that have never heard the words "You have cancer" cannot possibly understand what y'all have been through. Just thinking about how y'all feel when you are about to get the results of a scan makes me dizzy-headed. Keep fighting the good fight you all! The Auburn family loves you and is pulling for you!

I’m five years cancer-free. I don’t deserve it, but I’m blessed beyond measure. Cancer is an emotional and spiritual disease as much as a physical one. To every person who has faced the battle, I salute you!

great to hear lionheart, keep us up to date with this great news. 

Thanks for this thread lionheart!

I honestly had no idea some of y'all were fighting this demon.  The term "Never to Yield" has a whole new meaning in circumstances like this.  

I know I come across as a royal jackass on here sometimes ~ but at the end of the day I love all of y'all and admire you for your strength.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Pet scan clear! At around a year and 3 months of being cancer free!

Never expected anything less. Keep paving the way for the rest of us to follow.

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Never expected anything less. Keep paving the way for the rest of us to follow.

Appreciate all of your support, brother! Same goes to you!

Archived