Tigers are Stronger than Cancer

lionheartkc

5 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Pet scan clear! At around a year and 3 months of being cancer free!

Great news!!  I am only in the early stages of recovery.   I look forward to posting your same news a year from now. 

wde

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Great news!!  I am only in the early stages of recovery.   I look forward to posting your same news a year from now. 

wde

Didn't you have a couple of scans this month? 

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Didn't you have a couple of scans this month? 

Thanks for asking,  I did and all were clear except for a couple of lung areas that showed up on PET scan that could not be determined on the scan as being cancer.

wde

8 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

?

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Thanks for asking,  I did and all were clear except for a couple of lung areas that showed up on PET scan that could not be determined on the scan as being cancer.

wde

My wife has a couple of those. They are apparently not uncommon and more than likely nothing. They think hers are scar tissue from bronchitis, but she gets to scan once a year, just in case.

Great to hear the rest is clear. There is no better word in the English language for a cancer patient than "clear".

31 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

You will be! Never doubt it for a second

• 3 weeks later...

@AUIH1 shared in another thread (one you might avoid because of the title) that he's having to do another round of chemo and radiation. Please lift up a prayer and/or some good thoughts for him.

7 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Behind you, AU1H1! Hang in there!

Thank you so much.

wde

4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Praying for you, family, and your physicians. War Eagle buddy

Again, thank you so much!!  Take care

16 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

@AUIH1 shared in another thread (one you might avoid because of the title) that he's having to do another round of chemo and radiation. Please lift up a prayer and/or some good thoughts for him.

Thanks I appreciate it!!  You know I really am not afraid of controversy right now right?

wde

Warm thoughts and prayers to ya AUIH1.

On 4/21/2018 at 8:55 AM, AUIH1 said:

Thanks I appreciate it!!  You know I really am not afraid of controversy right now right?

wde

I get it. You gotta do you. I just wanted to make sure people saw the news and could send up a prayer, since I know some people avoid even clicking on certain topics. I firmly believe a combination of prayer and positive thinking are the reason I'm not dead right now, because the medicine was just supposed to knock it back long enough for me to have surgery. No one with the title doctor expected full remission. I want to make sure you get the same benefit.

Good luck @AUIH1 - sounds like you have the same type of cancer that I did.  I'm about a year and a half out of radiation and everything is clear for now.  Seeing all the success stories in this thread is heartwarming.

I went through three surgeries in a 14 day period, chemo, and about seven weeks of radiation.  It killed the taste buds and I dropped down to about 145 pounds, but my taste buds are finally back and my weight is back up.  It was a rough journey but I'm better for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Prayers please for two dear friends of mine and their family. Their youngest sister was just diagnosed with Leukemia. She is in her teens. Aggressive chemo to follow. I cannot fathom the hardship. War Eagle and thanks! 

7 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Prayers please for two dear friends of mine and their family. Their youngest sister was just diagnosed with Leukemia. She is in her teens. Aggressive chemo to follow. I cannot fathom the hardship. War Eagle and thanks! 

Done and ongoing

On 5/7/2018 at 11:57 AM, NolaAuTiger said:

Prayers sent brother

On 5/7/2018 at 11:57 AM, NolaAuTiger said:

Hopefully it's one of the curable varieties. It won't be a fun road, but the result is worth the struggle. Prayers and good thoughts to all connected. 

Archived