Is Tre Mason Making A Comeback?

around4ever

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/report-former-auburn-rb-tre-mason-prepared-make-nfl-comeback

Report: Former Auburn RB Tre Mason prepared to make NFL comeback

Any former star can say it’s a long fall from the top of the pedestal.

Such is the case of Tre Mason, the former Auburn running back and 2013 SEC offensive player of the year.

Mason didn’t show up for training camp in 2016, but seemed to be facing some more serious issues while staying at his mother’s house.

He was later placed on the NFL’s did not report list and ran into trouble with the law multiple times.

Less than a year ago, it seemed Mason might have his life back on track when he was seen working out with Browns wide receiver Ricardo Lewis. The charges stemming from an arrest in Florida were also later resolved.

According to a report from Al.com’s Matt Zenitz, Mason may finally be ready to make a possible comeback.

People close to Tre Mason have recently been in contact with NFL teams, telling them that the former SEC Offensive Player of the Year is ready to return to football following a two-year hiatus, according to sources. The pitch has been that Mason is in a much better place mentally than he was when he had multiple run-ins with police in 2016.

Zenitz added that Mason has been living in Lake Worth, Fla. It remains to be seen if any team would be willing to take a chance on him.

He had 765 yards rushing and 4 touchdowns his rookie season, but his Auburn statistics are still hard to ignore. The former star had 2,979 yards rushing and 32 touchdowns with the Tigers during his career.

I hope the best for him on the football field, but Tre truly has had mental issues that I hope he has addressed....before he tries to play football again.

wde

His elevator wasn’t going all the way to the top a while back. Maybe that’s fixed? I wish the best for him. He was my son’s favorite player when he was 7-8 and so impressionable. It saddened me to see his disappointment.   

14 hours ago, around4ever said:

Less than a year ago, it seemed Mason might have his life back on track when he was seen working out with Browns wide receiver Ricardo Lewis.

Hope he's humbled himself a little since that last "he's ready to make a comeback" article. I remember being so happy to see the headline, and then I read the article and was sorely disappointed by what I perceived to be a severe lack of awareness. 

Wish him all the best, but most likely he won't be a serious player in the league ever again. Better to work on his personal issues. After close to 2 years out of the league, he may be better off  concentrating on his mental health. 

I just love this kid. He gave his all for Auburn. I was so sad about his downward spin. I truly wish him the best, whether it be in football or in something else. I'd love for him to make sure that his life is straight. I'd love to see him successful and happy. He has the best smile ever.

I'm jonesing to see him on Sundays again. He left some unfinished business out there. I do hope he can get and keep his head straight. War Eagle Tre Mason. 

2 hours ago, Deemer 47 said:

Wish him all the best, but most likely he won't be a serious player in the league ever again. Better to work on his personal issues. After close to 2 years out of the league, he may be better off  concentrating on his mental health. 

I agree with you. I keep thinking of what his mother said.....and she is in a position to know. I'm sure she would be very concerned if he tried to play again. 

I’d like to see him get a shot but if I were a GM, I’d pass. Too many capable RB’s out there that don’t have that sort of baggage and issues. Hard pass. 

• 1 year later...

Archived